LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

The full title should be "Rants By Fellow Christians And Why I Stop Listing To Them And Decided To Follow How Christ Is Directing Me To Do."

Okay this post has come to be because of the lashing I have gotten on here for letting people know that I play D&D and read Harry Potter books. First off this post has nothing to do with that. So no comments telling me what I shouldn't be reading this or playing that. Okay now that that is out of the way let begin this post.

I have heard fellow Christians go off on rants against all kinds of things. I have heard fellow Christians go off on rants about Star Wars and saying that there was some kind of evil about Star Wars. I have heard fellow Christians go off about Lord of The Rings being evil. They have gone off about Christmas tress, Santa Claus, Halloween, Easter bunnies and coloring Easter eggs. One fellow Christian went off on a rant to me claiming that ALL computer games no matter what they were if they were play on the computer they were evil. Because he believed that the devil was behind ALL computer games. I have heard fellow Christians go off on tv shows, movies, rock music, country music. Any music that was not Christian music. I have heard rants about women working outside the home. Rants about long hair. Rants about women wearing pants and dancing. The list goes on and on. And anytime, anyone disagrees with someone's rant, they are judged and accused to be following the devil's lie.

When I was a young Christian I found myself being torn apart not knowing what was ok to do and what wasn't. As I grew in my walk with Christ I came to an understanding. That understanding being that I will let Christ direct me and what I do. If I read a book or watch a movie, or anything else, and I feel a voice inside of me  telling me that it is something that is of the dark side; then I should listen to that voice. The directions of Christ and the Holy Spirit is whom I should listen too. And while I should consider what my fellow Christians are saying about music, movies,books, games holidays ect ect. In the end it is the direction of Christ that I will fellow.

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.  Romans 14:1-4

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Should we congratulate you?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I agree,  LK.  The Lord will let us know if we are following Him.  If it doesn't feel right, then don't do it.  Only those without the Holy Spirit are confused as to what to do or not do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,311
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

20 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I agree,  LK.  The Lord will let us know if we are following Him.  If it doesn't feel right, then don't do it.  Only those without the Holy Spirit are confused as to what to do or not do.

I agree loved one... as it is written

Ro 8:16

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
KJV

added comment not directed to post quote:

However we, that are born again, have a responsibility to know and desire God's Word more than our necessary food
as Jesus gave example in the temptation in the wilderness! It is bread of life that shall not fail nor pass away...
Love, Steven

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.  Romans 14:1-4

I agree. Does the hand say to the foot, "I don't need you" or does the foot say to the hand, "I don't need you" ? I think God uses us in all areas of life because He knows we're especially prepared to do battle with the various weapons at our disposal. One may be a prayer warrior while another good at fasting. I have a sense of humor and God uses that humor to ease people's burdens. When I've gone on to some sites, sense of humor is treated like it's the ebola virus. Simple, common laughter about silly or goofy things like Bugs Bunny, Sylvester the Cat, the Lion King, (et al ) are treated with scorn and suspicion. After a while I say, "Okay, moving on...." 

I think it's possible to forget the many confrontations Jesus had with the pharisees and how He embraced the sinners, the lepers and even the demon possessed. The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others. He's the Great Physician and the healthy need no doctor. Let us all remember that. The Body is comprised of many parts...and these parts work together as one Body, each according to the gift God has given.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Just now, Davida said:

2Tim 4:3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto myths. But you watch in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fully carry out your ministry. "

The tone of this thread is why Worthy has lost many good posters and why it has all but lost it's salt. 

How?  LadyKay is saying she will trust the Lord to lead her and not be intimidated by other believers who rant at anything they don't approve of.  We all have to listen to Him, not to other mortals.  Legalism drives away more Christians than movies or books.  Worthy needs to get it's 'salt' back by telling the Truth to those who are misguided and throw their unbiblical nonsense into every thread, IMO.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

The full title should be "Rants By Fellow Christians And Why I Stop Listing To Them And Decided To Follow How Christ Is Directing Me To Do."

Okay this post has come to be because of the lashing I have gotten on here for letting people know that I play D&D and read Harry Potter books. First off this post has nothing to do with that. So no comments telling me what I shouldn't be reading this or playing that. Okay now that that is out of the way let begin this post.

I have heard fellow Christians go off on rants against all kinds of things. I have heard fellow Christians go off on rants about Star Wars and saying that there was some kind of evil about Star Wars. I have heard fellow Christians go off about Lord of The Rings being evil. They have gone off about Christmas tress, Santa Claus, Halloween, Easter bunnies and coloring Easter eggs. One fellow Christian went off on a rant to me claiming that ALL computer games no matter what they were if they were play on the computer they were evil. Because he believed that the devil was behind ALL computer games. I have heard fellow Christians go off on tv shows, movies, rock music, country music. Any music that was not Christian music. I have heard rants about women working outside the home. Rants about long hair. Rants about women wearing pants and dancing. The list goes on and on. And anytime, anyone disagrees with someone's rant, they are judged and accused to be following the devil's lie.

When I was a young Christian I found myself being torn apart not knowing what was ok to do and what wasn't. As I grew in my walk with Christ I came to an understanding. That understanding being that I will let Christ direct me and what I do. If I read a book or watch a movie, or anything else, and I feel a voice inside of me  telling me that it is something that is of the dark side; then I should listen to that voice. The directions of Christ and the Holy Spirit is whom I should listen too. And while I should consider what my fellow Christians are saying about music, movies,books, games holidays ect ect. In the end it is the direction of Christ that I will fellow.

God has given you a choice. You are not His puppet. Pray to God to ask Him to direct you to do what is right in His eyes and then go for it.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34

1 hour ago, Davida said:

The tone of this thread is why Worthy has lost many good posters and why it has all but lost it's salt. 

When anything that hits a nerve is a rant, then there is definitely a problem. We need to remember that the Lord speaks to others through the members of His Body, so listening to the Holy Spirit also means listening to other believers.  What sounds like a rant may actually be sound advice.

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

2Tim 4:3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto myths. But you watch in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fully carry out your ministry. "

Well said.

It is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgement. We are all vulnerable to sin because our natures are fallen.  

We are saved not because of anything we have done...but by the only One whose sandals we are unworthy to unstrap. which is why I am not in favor of these "reputation" points. I'm not interested in other people's opinions of me. I don't care. I don't answer anyone but Jesus Christ. End of story. He and He alone is worthy.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38

Did it once have 'salt'? Yes.  Salt is always rare, remember.((not popular)) Just like magazines and shows in the media the most popular threads and posts are entirely worldly and carnal((and contrary to Scripture like Paul said in Corintians;)).  Only a few have 'salt'.

That's normal, that's okay, unless someone thinks they can trust the pagan notions that outsiders post daily.  Since the biggest population anywhere is worldly, that's normal and expected.

1 hour ago, Davida said:

8 minutes ago, Catsmeow said:

Well said.

It is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgement. We are all vulnerable to sin because our natures are fallen.  

We are saved not because of anything we have done...but by the only One whose sandals we are unworthy to unstrap. which is why I am not in favor of these "reputation" points. I'm not interested in other people's opinions of me. I don't care. I don't answer anyone but Jesus Christ. End of story. He and He alone is worthy.