• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

Yes , and I think we definitely need to have righteous judgment when it comes to world religions and to know what they are about and what they believe. Otherwise how can we speak knowledgeably & with any understanding to people God sends our way to explain the difference between them and obeying the God of the Bible and accepting that God sent His son to pay the penalty for our sins through His death and resurrection? 

2 Timothy Chapter 3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:
1 minute ago, Davida said:

Butero,  I totally agree with Floatingaxe--   The GOD who made the heavens and the earth did NOT give us a "religion" to follow! GOD gave us an opportunity to have a relationship with HIM through HIS SON The Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus came to give us a way to make peace with the Living Almighty LORD GOD of heaven Yahweh.

The GOD of the Old Testament REVEALED Himself to the Jews and told of the coming of the Messiah who is our Lord Jesus Christ whom we Christians are named after as followers.   All the other spiritual beliefs --ARE religions - counterfeit spiritual beliefs that various peoples throughout human history began following with the help of Satan.

Davida, I'm sure Butero was talking about undefiled religion!

42 minutes ago, Butero said:

These people are total pagans.  They don't even worship the same God in pretense. 

That is probably true for 99 out of 100 Rastafarians. But, if even 1 out of 100 is born again (how many closet born again people are there who sit under Islam?), then there can be Christians within their ranks.

Guest Teditis

People shouldn't go around making up new definitions for words... the definition was posted

right here in this thread and still you argue about it. Why?

Communication is hard enough without fiddling around with accepted definitions to words.

Dictionaries are our friends not our enemies. Practice common sense.

23 minutes ago, Davida said:

Being a Rastafarian is about a set of "cult religious beliefs" it is not about "behaviors" . Rastas  have nothing to do with Jesus & salvation.  Do you believe a Hindu could be saved, while being a hindu and worshipping the hindu god Vishnu or Shiva?  How about the Stonehenge earth worshipping Pagans are they also Saved?-- What kind of Christianity is it that you understand and adhere to? that all paths lead to GOD? 

Well, have you checked out your Bible lately? That's not what Jesus said.

Don't be flippant. What Jesus did say was that what GOD required for one to be saved was to believe in the One HE has sent. (John 6:29) That's it. As for me, I am a born again, evangelical Follower of Jesus Christ who knows that there is only one way to be saved. I just said it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

9 minutes ago, Teditis said:

People shouldn't go around making up new definitions for words... the definition was posted

right here in this thread and still you argue about it. Why?

Communication is hard enough without fiddling around with accepted definitions to words.

Dictionaries are our friends not our enemies. Practice common sense.

Dictionaries are just secular things and do not all reflect the spiritual truths we hold.

Guest Teditis

If it weren't for those secular dictionaries you would have never learned to

read or write and wouldn't even be able to post here on Worthy.

The crazy things people come up with here amazes me...

You are being flippant when you ask if I have read my bible lately. You are not picking up what I'm putting down, so I'll just leave this alone. Happy trails.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, Butero said:

No, but that is not the point.  I am fine with fences and didn't criticize having one.  I support building one at the border.  It is the Pope that criticized Trump for wanting to build one, yet he has one around the Vatican.  Kind of hypocritical.

If we take someone's words out of context, then we can  say anything we want about what they say and make it look like its relevant.

The walls around the Vatican have no relevancy to the walls he was speaking of in relationship to immigration at the border between the US and Mexico.  They belong to two totally different contexts and context is everything.

It is non sequitur that the walls or fences or any barriers where anyone lives should have to come down because they are against Trump's idea of a wall at our border.   The walls, barriers, fences signify completely different concepts.

I have fences around my property - does this have anything to do with immigration?

No.

Should I tear down my fences because I am against a wall at our border?

No.

My fences serve a completely different function than what Trump wants to build a wall for.

It is completely and totally non sensical to tell me I must tear down my fences because I am against Trump's idea of a wall at our border.

And I don't believe he's a christian either.   

Jesus said:

Matthew 7

• A Tree and its Fruit
    15"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.16"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17"So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.

Matthew 7:20
    Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Matthew 12:33
    "Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.

Luke 6:43
    "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.

Luke 6:44
    Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers.

Galatians 5:22
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Do you see these as the predominate fruits?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

12 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

If we take someone's words out of context, then we can  say anything we want about what they say and make it look like its relevant.

T

he walls around the Vatican have no relevancy to the walls he was speaking of in relationship to immigration at the border between the US and Mexico.  They belong to two totally different contexts and context is everything.

They are absolutely the same.  Vatican City is walled and guarded to keep people out who don't belong there.  How is that different from our border

My fences serve a completely different function than what Trump wants to build a wall for.

How so? Aren't they to keep people and animals off your property?  No difference there.

12 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

It is completely and totally non sensical to tell me I must tear down my fences because I am against Trump's idea of a wall at our border.

Who has told you to do that?  Or are you drawing a paralel between the Pope and Vatican City and yourself and your property? 

And I don't believe he's a christian either.

Therese, you more than others here know how wrong it is to say that.