• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Reply to Rick Parker

As a matter of fact, I have read the KJ bible and studied many aspects of it, along with religious history ect. As I mentioned before, religion is a very interesting subject, and should not be treated with the taboo that is currently has. I hope for a world where beliefs can be debated openly without causing offence. More importantly I hope for a world where there is no religion. 

Also, what evidence do you have that a certian religious group were chosen by god for specific jobs. From the same perspective, I am the holy messanger of the flying spaghetti monster because I have held off asthma's attempts to eliminate me. 

It is also obvious that you can't find any decent arguments without quoting a book that has not been proven correct. I am after actual evidence not from a fictitious book that god exists. For example you could say that the world is too beautiful to be chance (I would however refute that with evolution). 

Predictive prophecy is also random chance(and as far as I know none is evident in the Bible). It just so happended that Nostradamus (to use an example) managed to predict some future events reasonably well, but what you don't hear about is all the other 99% of prophets that failed miserably.

Please provide some proper evidence

Reply to enoob57

As I stated before, I have read the bible, which is the main reason why I am an atheist

Edited by Goldenshark123
typo

Reply to 1to3 (Part 1)

As your reply was so long I will answer in multiple parts.

I do not see intelligent design around me, in fact I can't believe the special stories that have been made up about our relationship to the Universe at large. Look at what's out there, it isn't in proportion. But I do not see a blank canvas either. I see a beautiful world with beautiful life that has evolved over millions of years. But 99% of the known universe can not support lofe as we know it, so chances are that a world in a goldilocks zone with the right conditions for life will come along every once in a while. 

I know that the molecules in my body are traceble to a phenomenon in the cosmos. I also know that consciousnes has evolved over millions of years from single celled organisms right up to me. That makes me feel privilidged that I was lucky enough to be born, as only a tiny fraction of people who could be born are. 

No god makes far more sense. 

27 minutes ago, Goldenshark123 said:

Reply to Rick Parker

As a matter of fact, I have read the KJ bible and studied many aspects of it, along with religious history ect. As I mentioned before, religion is a very interesting subject, and should not be treated with the taboo that is currently has. I hope for a world where beliefs can be debated openly without causing offence. More importantly I hope for a world where there is no religion. 

Also, what evidence do you have that a certian religious group were chosen by god for specific jobs. From the same perspective, I am the holy messanger of the flying spaghetti monster because I have held off asthma's attempts to eliminate me. 

It is also obvious that you can't find any decent arguments without quoting a book that has not been proven correct. I am after actual evidence not from a fictitious book that god exists. For example you could say that the world is too beautiful to be chance (I would however refute that with evolution). 

Predictive prophecy is also random chance(and as far as I know none is evident in the Bible). It just so happended that Nostradamus (to use an example) managed to predict some future events reasonably well, but what you don't hear about is all the other 99% of prophets that failed miserably.

Please provide some proper evidence

And since you're the "holy messenger of the Flying Spaghetti Monster," I would say that you are a fool and I won't cast pearls before swine. That's scriptural.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

You want a sign.

On the day of November 19 2017 will the Lord say, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years or at that time say the end has come and destroy the Earth with a fire from the stars. Moreover know that again a sign in heaven, Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down and then fight for us and give us 15 more years.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Goldenshark123 said:

Reply to 1to3 (Part 1)

As your reply was so long I will answer in multiple parts.

I do not see intelligent design around me, in fact I can't believe the special stories that have been made up about our relationship to the Universe at large. Look at what's out there, it isn't in proportion. But I do not see a blank canvas either. I see a beautiful world with beautiful life that has evolved over millions of years. But 99% of the known universe can not support lofe as we know it, so chances are that a world in a goldilocks zone with the right conditions for life will come along every once in a while. 

I know that the molecules in my body are traceble to a phenomenon in the cosmos. I also know that consciousnes has evolved over millions of years from single celled organisms right up to me. That makes me feel privilidged that I was lucky enough to be born, as only a tiny fraction of people who could be born are. 

How do you KNOW that consciousness has evolved over millions of years?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

10 hours ago, Goldenshark123 said:

I do not see intelligent design around me, in fact I can't believe the special stories that have been made up about our relationship to the Universe at large. Look at what's out there, it isn't in proportion. But I do not see a blank canvas either. I see a beautiful world with beautiful life that has evolved over millions of years. But 99% of the known universe can not support lofe as we know it, so chances are that a world in a Goldilocks zone with the right conditions for life will come along every once in a while. 

I know that the molecules in my body are traceable to a phenomenon in the cosmos. I also know that consciousness has evolved over millions of years from single celled organisms right up to me. That makes me feel privileged that I was lucky enough to be born, as only a tiny fraction of people who could be born are. 

:emot-heartbeat:

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1

Dear Brother It Is Clear You Can Not See

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

Nor Have You Reasoned

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

With Sense

Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God--I say this to your shame. 1 Corinthians 15:34 (New International Version)

However

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Beloved, There Is Hope

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

11 hours ago, Goldenshark123 said:

It is blatantly obvious that the bible was written by man, as evident by the fact that it is extremely badly written.

could you explain what you mean by "extremely badly written" and maybe also tell us exactly what you would have had your prophets and witnesses write if you were God? (by way of contrast)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

11 hours ago, Goldenshark123 said:

That makes me feel privilidged that I was lucky enough to be born, as only a tiny fraction of people who could be born are. 

we believe that a couple of men did not die - Elijah & Enoch. 

moreover, no one who is still living has yet died, therefore an even smaller fraction of the people who could die, have died. 

so the same logic you have here dictates that you are even more "privileged" to die. 

enjoy it! -- gwan and march into the pit with a grateful heart, then :)