IGNORED

Twilight Zone ( aka Stranger in a Strange Land )

Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

I am hoping that someone will encourage me because I'm overwhelmed by what I see and hear. The media itself is shocking - even to me. Me! Of all people - even I am shocked...because I see the darkness. Here I listen to the message of darkness from mainline rock/metal artists and I began to carefully disseminate the lyrics of the music and what message they're giving. Here's a sampling:

Bring Me the Horizon ( Can You Feel My Heart? )

Can you hear the silence?
Can you see the dark?
Can you fix the broken?
Can you feel, can you feel my heart?
Can you help the hopeless?
Well, I'm begging on my knees
Can you save my bastard soul?
Will you ache for me?
I'm sorry brother
So sorry lover
Forgive me father
I love you mother

Smashing Pumpkins ( Bullet With Buffalo Wings/aka Rat in a Cage )

Tell me I'm the only one
Tell me there's no other one
Jesus was the only son for you
And I still believe that I cannot be saved

Then someone will say what is lost can never be saved
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage

Bring Me the Horizon ( Crucify Me )

There is a Hell, believe me I've seen it
There is a Heaven, let's keep it a secret
No one needs to know
There is a Hell, believe me I've seen it  * ( Ability to see into the spirit realm albeit a nightmarish experience )
There is a Heaven, let's keep it a secret   * ( it's almost a conviction of those who are 'saved' but content with their own salvation )
No one needs to know

Band: Bring Me the Horizon ( Don't Go ) *NOTE: The guttural cries in this song are chilling; it appears to be a Near Death Experience. 

We all have our horrors and our demons to fight.
But how can I win, when I'm paralyzed?
They crawl up on my bed, wrap their fingers around my throat.   (
physical manifestations )
Is this what I get for the choices that I've made?
God forgive me, for all my sins. God forgive me, for everything.
God forgive me, for all my sins. God forgive me, God forgive me.

Don't go, I can't do this on my own.  * ( crying out to God )
Don't go, I can't do this on my own.
Save me from the ones that haunt me in the night.   * ( demonic torment )
I can't live with myself, so stay with me tonight.
Don't go.

*NOTE: Metallica ( song: Sad But True ) Song depicts Satan laughing at the human misery as he possesses them to do his dirty work

I'm your dream, make you real
I'm your eyes when you must steal * ( sin in general/coveting )
I'm your pain when you can't feel
Sad but true

I'm your dream, mind astray
I'm your eyes while you're away * ( past memories ) 
I'm your pain while you repay   * ( consequences of actions )
You know it's sad but true
Sad but true

You (you)
You're my mask

You're my cover, my shelter
You (you)
You're my mask
You're the one who's blamed *
( Ephesians 6: We wrestle not against flesh and blood but... )
Do (do)
Do my work
Do my dirty work, scapegoat

Do (do)
Do my deed
For you're the one who's shamed

I feel like a stranger in a strange land. I'm learning how things have grown from dark to darker. I wanted to share this with you.

I need to keep my bearings and equilibrium as I explore this generation and their mindset. I can already tell many things place me in a different

time zone so to speak ( more like the Twilight Zone. ) And I appreciate your feedback and interpretation of the lyrics here as you read them.

Twilight Zone gif (2).gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

All I can suggest is stop spending time exposing yourself to the secular media if it is bothering you so much. There's a reason for that - because believers are not of this world its probably not that great of an idea to spend hours listening/watching the secular media. There's no hypocrisy with the world: Jesus said many would be on the broad road to destruction, and the the world . . . always acts like the fallen world that it is. Sinners are going to act like sinners and so is the media. That's why Jesus told us to proclaim the gospel message.

Now, I'm not telling you to lock yourself up in a convent, monastery, cave, or what have you. Everyone is different, but we need to do what's best for our individual walk with Jesus. I am going to say that its been my experience that the less time I spend exposed to the secular media - the better. For me. Others have had the same experience. I've reached a point where I watch very little TV because many of the shows just are not that entertaining any longer and have not been for years. I've lost my taste for that stuff over the years and don't miss much of it. I still watch now and then, but I'm careful about what I put on. Same thing for music and radio . . . don't get me started on talk radio. :laugh: 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hi Cats'  I'm wondering how old you are or at least approximately? The reason is because as you get older and more Mature in Lord you do learn to stay away from much of the secular media. Of course if you're young or very young this is almost impossible. I speak from experience. For example, I used to love the "Twilight Zone", at one time almost everyone watched it even people who didn't love it. I love it but recently I had the occasion to see a few episodes and I took most of them off. They weren't as blatantly sinful as most of today's shows are but they had a way of reaching into you and scaring you because that's what they were meant to do. I no longer think it's fun to have scare me on a such a gut level.

I've never heard to songs you quoted but just from the lyrics I can tell they're doing a similar thing as the old Twilight Zone did. Again from the lyrics, I wonder if the song writers actually believe Satan, demons and hell are real? I really do wonder because if they knew these are real I doubt they would sing about them. I know 1 religious man, who is even my age, and he uses the word demons to mean faults, problems or sins in a person's life.  In the song you quoted I'm doubting demon means a real demon. But it may because I'm also noticing evil is increasing. As Christians this shouldn't surprise us. I'm not a history buff but from what I know the last time evil was as strong as it is now was in WW 2 when Hitler lived. He committed atrocities almost as bad as what's going on today. But something else is happening today. Up until recently Satan's greatest trick was to have mankind convinced he doesn't exist. But it's gotten worse. He now has some people convinced he's a good guy. A poor miserable immortal being who made a mistake (quite innocently) and now the big bad mean God won't let him be forgiven. The reality is, like all Satan's lies, part of this is true but not most of it. God isn't going to forgive him because he was with God, in His very presence, and he attacked God wanting to kill God, as if that were even possible. It isn't. But it proved Satan didn't do it innocently nor does he want to repent of his ways. This is why Satan and his devils hate us so much, because we can be forgiven through Jesus but they can't. So they keep trying to destroy us and each new child born has to learn all this for his or herself and then has to turn to Jesus and His Father.

Encouragement. I heard a sermon this morning about how sin will always be a problem. I agree. But as we get mature in the Lord saying no to it becomes easier. I agree with that too. The preacher then likened sins to snakes and life to climbing a mountain. (I don't know if this is true) The preacher said above a certain altitude there are no more snakes, they can't live up there. He said spiritual maturity is similar. We can reach a point where the desire to sin is all but non existent. This preacher isn't very old yet so I don't think he's reached it but he senses it. I haven't reached it yet neither but I've been sensing it lately too. I've reached the point where some sins hold no appeal to me any longer. That was why I turned off the old Twilight Zone show. I knew it would lead me to feel something for sin. This is also why Jesus told us to pray "lead us not into sin". I say that as God protect us from wanting to sin. I can finally see it's possible to reach to a place where sin becomes almost non existent to us. At least to what we wish for. I think it exists. I'm pretty sure the apostle Paul reached it as well as more recent men of God. But it does take time and it's a long hard climb. I'll also point out Satan doesn't want us climbing this mountain so he tries to get us to not even try. When we do anyway the devils make it as hard as possible. But victory is possible through God which is 1 reason Jesus said with God all things are possible. 

One last thing. It is necessary to avoid evil in all it's forms. As you go higher up the mountain you'll see the truth to this more and more.

I Care.

JTC 

JTC: Have you ever watched a movie called, The Matrix? I have always been a neat freak and wanted everything to have it's place. I wanted everything in my world to fit in just the right place at the right angle; I even organize my junk drawer. I cannot organize the world around me as easily. It becomes very complicated and has many moving parts and random variables. 

It would simplify matters by saying: God is good and the devil is bad. Naturally we know that's true but the world we live in is comprised of a dynamic system with complicated logarithmic variables and system redundancies that create what looks like a giant chessboard. There are any number of outcomes possible with outcomes in this game. Darkness is increasing exponentially as well as the casualties. Damages done are amplified by technology ( e.g. software applications, the internet. ) Younger and younger children are the road kill or collateral damage of this war. Some of us have been prepared over time to accomplish certain purposes according to God's perfect plan. He has shown me that in a war we don't involve the civilians. They're the ones we're called to protect. That's our purpose as good soldiers. I now understand and have peace in my soul about this. 

Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the blood, filth and degradation I see. Bloody wars wage all around us but those of us in the thick of battle often struggle to remember what it's like to be a civilian. God knows what we are seeing and hearing all around us and He gives us an added measure of grace to endure it. Sometimes I just need to vent. I realize the war is bloody and hard to stomach at times. It's not as simple when you're in the battle itself - it's hard to deal with at times. 

It's the state of war we're in and not everyone is called to fight it. During WWII even civilians helped by working in factories to help make uniforms for soldiers, metal and die casts for weapons, aircraft and ships. Mothers and fathers sent letters to soldiers as well as cookies and other treats. It's what they do.  As for me, I just need folks back home to pray for some of the people I am lifting up. That's what you can do best to help me.

If God lays it on your heart - rent the movie, "Thin Red Line" and if you do watch that movie you'll know and understand which character I relate to. Private Witt is my hero and inspiration. He's a godly Christian who has more peace than all the soldiers in a single platoon. I now know why that was my favorite movie of all time: it was made for people just like me.   Sign me,    Just Another Soldier 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Since we are talking about song lyrics:

From   "When Love Comes To Town" by U2

I was there when they crucified my Lord
I held the scabbard when the soldier drew his sword
I threw the dice when they pierced his side
But I've seen love conquer the great divide

Song says to me we are all guilty for Christ's death. He died for all of us. We all put him on that cross. The great divided was the "sin" that separated us from God. His death was the "Love" that conquer that great divide.

Not everything is so hopeless.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Have you ever watched a movie called, The Matrix?

Named my daughter after one of the characters from that movie. I'll let you guess which one. With that said I really don't know what you all are talking about, I just wanted to join in.

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Since we are talking about song lyrics:

From   "When Love Comes To Town" by U2

I was there when they crucified my Lord
I held the scabbard when the soldier drew his sword
I threw the dice when they pierced his side
But I've seen love conquer the great divide

Song says to me we are all guilty for Christ's death. He died for all of us. We all put him on that cross. The great divided was the "sin" that separated us from God. His death was the "Love" that conquer that great divide.

Not everything is so hopeless.

M'Lady: you've got some awesome taste in music. I LOVE THAT SONG! I used to play it over and over. Man, I get chills when I think about ( good chills ) Thanks for reminding me. I love that song...and Yeah, Love does conquer that great divide. Thank you ...you just gave me a strong word of encouragement. Thanks again!

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Named my daughter after one of the characters from that movie. I'll let you guess which one. With that said I really don't know what you all are talking about, I just wanted to join in.

*( Laughing ) Yeah...that's cool Thanks again. You made my day...

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/03/2016 at 8:23 PM, walla299 said:

All I can suggest is stop spending time exposing yourself to the secular media if it is bothering you so much.

Exactly. There is no good reason in the world for you to subject yourself to secular radio, secular music, or any other source of mental and spiritual disturbance.  Even quoting this rubbish is dangerous.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/12/2016 at 9:23 PM, walla299 said:

All I can suggest is stop spending time exposing yourself to the secular media if it is bothering you so much. There's a reason for that - because believers are not of this world its probably not that great of an idea to spend hours listening/watching the secular media. There's no hypocrisy with the world: Jesus said many would be on the broad road to destruction, and the the world . . . always acts like the fallen world that it is. Sinners are going to act like sinners and so is the media. That's why Jesus told us to proclaim the gospel message.

Now, I'm not telling you to lock yourself up in a convent, monastery, cave, or what have you. Everyone is different, but we need to do what's best for our individual walk with Jesus. I am going to say that its been my experience that the less time I spend exposed to the secular media - the better. For me. Others have had the same experience. I've reached a point where I watch very little TV because many of the shows just are not that entertaining any longer and have not been for years. I've lost my taste for that stuff over the years and don't miss much of it. I still watch now and then, but I'm careful about what I put on. Same thing for music and radio . . . don't get me started on talk radio. :laugh: 

That would be my advice.  Spend as much time in the Word of God as you do in this garbage.  This stuff will poison you soul.