The Sabbath and Sunday Worship.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

The Mosaic law was the "old covenant"...the New Covenant is with Jesus as the sacrifice on the cross, and for those want salvation through Him to quit sinning (repent), and God's grace will give them salvation and eternal life....

As I pointed out "sin is transgression of God's law" 1st John 3.4..

I believe if God writes some commands personally on stone, it is a good idea to keep them if one is a Christian and a follower of God and Jesus...

But you do not agree, and that is your free will choice to do so...you are part of the vast majority of people who call themselves "christians'.....you are 2 billion strong....pretty impressive right? Jesus said wide is the way that leads to destruction, but narrow is the way that leads to salvation, few shall find it Matthew 7...my choice is the narrow path.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

23 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

The Mosaic law was the "old covenant"...the New Covenant is with Jesus as the sacrifice on the cross, and for those want salvation through Him to quit sinning (repent), and God's grace will give them salvation and eternal life....

As I pointed out "sin is transgression of God's law" 1st John 3.4..

I believe if God writes some commands personally on stone, it is a good idea to keep them if one is a Christian and a follower of God and Jesus...

But you do not agree, and that is your free will choice to do so...you are part of the vast majority of people who call themselves "christians'.....you are 2 billion strong....pretty impressive right? Jesus said wide is the way that leads to destruction, but narrow is the way that leads to salvation, few shall find it Matthew 7...my choice is the narrow path.

The Word also says that the saints under the throne were uncountable because of the high number.  

40 minutes ago, other one said:

The Word also says that the saints under the throne were uncountable because of the high number.  

Sorry, but that dog does not hunt, and barking up the wrong tree...;)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, other one said:

Jesus is the entity that wrote the ten commandments on stone, and he is the same entity in a flesh body that changed the rules for a new and better covenant.  If you wish to be a part of the old covenant, go for it, but it will not guarantee you an eternal life with the Lord. The old covenant was lacking, thus the need for a new covenant.

Ten commandments, Old covenant?

REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.

Dont you believe that the book of Revelation is a new covenant book?

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

You're not reading or even trying to understand my posts by your misrepresenting my position.

and that's the problem,  and why I'd done with the question till next time.    People coming by will read and see the fa

1 minute ago, WailingWall said:

Ten commandments, Old covenant?

REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.

Dont you believe that the book of Revelation is a new covenant book?

and Jesus is God and he gave us two new commandments to replace the old for they were lacking in eternal salvation.

5 hours ago, other one said:

and that's the problem,  and why I'd done with the question till next time.    People coming by will read and see the fa

and Jesus is God and he gave us two new commandments to replace the old for they were lacking in eternal salvation.

Oh?  And what are the two new commandments? If you are referring to Love God with all your heart soul and mind, and love your neighbour as yourself, they are summaries of the Ten commandments...He demonstrating  that keeping the commandments are Love of God and love of neighbour..as He said in Matthew 19.17 to enter into life keep the commandments, and He goes on to identify these as the ten commandments..and John 14.15 "if you love me keep my commandments'....

God's ten commandments are an integral part of the Christian life and the Gospels. God's Holy spirit will help you keep them and walk in righteousness....

If one does not want to follow God's law, then what spirit are you following?   Hebrews 10

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, heretoeternity said:

God's ten commandments are an integral part of the Christian life and the Gospels. God's Holy spirit will help you keep them and walk in righteousness....

If one does not want to follow God's law, then what spirit are you following?   Hebrews 10

And there's the hook. Your preaching is a trap of legalistic oppression. You seek to make others sabbatarians by suggesting they're of an evil spirit if they don't worship on Saturday.

That's cult speak 101.

Apocalyptic seven seal rhetoric as insider information coupled with the one thing that will keep you out of heaven, going to church on Sunday, nice evangelizing. It's a spiritual hook and I think you may be the one needing to examine what spirit you are following.

Your kind of preaching is why many end up walking down the isle years later and drinking the cool aid.

It isn't 52 days of the year, its 365 days of the year. We have a relationship with our Lord that, through discipleship, hopefully matures and develops to a 24/7  365 keeping our hands to the plow relationship. It isn't about killing someone it's hating them, it isn't sleeping with someone else' wife it's looking with lust.

It's not one day of the week it's everyday of the week.  We should exhort one another daily.

You mention acts 15 but they came down with no such decree to keep the sabbath. Taking care of the poor ya, but sabbath keeping, NO.

4 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

Oh?  And what are the two new commandments? If you are referring to Love God with all your heart soul and mind, and love your neighbour as yourself, they are summaries of the Ten commandments...He demonstrating  that keeping the commandments are Love of God and love of neighbour..as He said in Matthew 19.17 to enter into life keep the commandments, and He goes on to identify these as the ten commandments..and John 14.15 "if you love me keep my commandments'....

you are obviously not reading my posts so I'm done here.

6 hours ago, Zemke said:

And there's the hook. Your preaching is a trap of legalistic oppression. You seek to make others sabbatarians by suggesting they're of an evil spirit if they don't worship on Saturday.

That's cult speak 101.

Apocalyptic seven seal rhetoric as insider information coupled with the one thing that will keep you out of heaven, going to church on Sunday, nice evangelizing. It's a spiritual hook and I think you may be the one needing to examine what spirit you are following.

Your kind of preaching is why many end up walking down the isle years later and drinking the cool aid.

It isn't 52 days of the year, its 365 days of the year. We have a relationship with our Lord that, through discipleship, hopefully matures and develops to a 24/7  365 keeping our hands to the plow relationship. It isn't about killing someone it's hating them, it isn't sleeping with someone else' wife it's looking with lust.

It's not one day of the week it's everyday of the week.  We should exhort one another daily.

You mention acts 15 but they came down with no such decree to keep the sabbath. Taking care of the poor ya, but sabbath keeping, NO.

There is one holy day in the Bible, and that is God's seventh day Sabbath....Genesis 2 and Exodus 20..whether non believers like it or not..that is the way God wants it so that is the way I keep it...It is the fourth commandment of the ten commandments God wrote Himself..."remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy"....not sunday,which is the first day of the week, but the 7th day which is saturday...