• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, other one said:

As long as you make it clear through the discussion that it is your conscious you are speaking of,

I recognize this is not an easy black and white issue for most believers. Therefore when we deal with the gray, you have to be tolerant and understanding as people are studying and learning. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

I recognize this is not an easy black and white issue for most believers. Therefore when we deal with the gray, you have to be tolerant and understanding as people are studying and learning. 

What are you learning and what are you teaching.......  that is the question, and for the record I don't see it as gray, and as I have said many times here it is very dangerous spiritually to teach to put people under the law.....   you speak of learning and teaching but I see teaching from your posts......   just take some time and reread your posts and get some idea of what they are saying whether you mean to teach or just express yourself.

56 minutes ago, Giller said:

Now the feast days will be reinstated during the millennial reign, but until then, we just simply have life in Jesus Christ, who became the passover, day of atonement etc, in a living way, the feast days were shadows, Jesus, was the reality of those shadows.

For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. ( 1 Cor 5:7-8)

Here is how I see this. The Feasts/Sabbath were important to God. We also  know for sure one Feast, Sukkot, will be evident in the Millenial. We know the Feasts point to CHRIST, right? So, since he hasn't returned, why not honor them and be a living testimony to the world regarding these days. 

For example, when we partake at the Passover Seder we are honoring God not only for the rescue of Israel from Pharoh, but also for the Passover Lamb's sacrifice for our sins.  You can see Christ be pointed to in all seven Feasts. How does honoring these Feasts hurt the body of Christ? Could you not see the witness it can make to the unbelievers watching us and asking us what we are doing? 

Maybe I have gotten off base here adding Feasts to the conversation. Oooops.

4 minutes ago, other one said:

What are you learning and what are you teaching.......  that is the question, and for the record I don't see it as gray, and as I have said many times here it is very dangerous spiritually to teach to put people under the law.....   you speak of learning and teaching but I see teaching from your posts......   just take some time and reread your posts and get some idea of what they are saying whether you mean to teach or just express yourself.

Fair enough, will do.  By the way, what do you see through your posts? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Someone who doesn't see anything wrong with anyone keeping the sabbath as a personal decision, but very dangerous to make it manditory.

Same with the rest of the ten commandments....  keeping them and not carrying it further as Jesus demands will not get people to Heaven, for even considering or wanting  to break any of them is not acceptable with the Lord.  He has even told us that if we don't take care of those that can't take care of themselves can keep one out of heaven.  It is spiritually very dangerous to think someone is OK because they don't break one of the ten....  loving our neighbor is a very complex idea when one gets to the daily living it.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

42 minutes ago, other one said:

but very dangerous to make it manditory.

What do you think about Christ making it mandatory in the new Millennial?

BTW I have nothing against people going to church and things of that nature on Sunday I did. But its sad that people refuse to accept that the original sabbath was not on Sunday. Giller has shared that he understands that the original sabbath was not on Sunday and he went down explain some other things about us being in the new covenant. Do you understand that the original Sabbath day was not on Sunday?

1 hour ago, worthy said:

What do you think about Christ making it mandatory in the new Millennial?

BTW I have nothing against people going to church and things of that nature on Sunday I did. But its sad that people refuse to accept that the original sabbath was not on Sunday. Giller has shared that he understands that the original sabbath was not on Sunday and he went down explain some other things about us being in the new covenant. Do you understand that the original Sabbath day was not on Sunday?

I'm shocked to think some people dont accept the original Sabbath as Saturday.  Oh well....

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Spock said:

Good point Shiloh.  It is now noted, for me at least, that 325 wasn't the first date believers worshipped on Sun-day. (Think worship of the Sun God.) 

How does worshiping Jesus on Sunday equate with worshiping a sun god?

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

How does worshiping Jesus on Sunday equate with worshiping a sun god?

It doesn't.  I believe one of the strategies of churches then and today is to get the heathen involved on something that is common ground. So, pagans were worshipping the sun on sun-day, so Christianity just said, "you can worship god on the same day, sun-day." 

The church also did that for the birth of Christ, and rather than celebrate his birthday on Feast of sukkot, when he more than likely was born, they decided to use another pagan holiday, saturnalia, to celebrate his birthday and partake in the pagan ritual of Christmas tree, etc. 

and of course they did the same regarding the celebration of his resurrection. Rather than celebrate on his the real day he rose, Feast of First Fruits, they decide to piggyback that too on another pagan holiday, Easter, so now the Christians can mingle pagan rituals with Christianity. (Easter eggs) 

i think my rant got expanded but you get my point- the church is compromising its purity by going to bed with the pagans. All in the name of evangelization. 

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Spock said:

It doesn't.  I believe one of the strategies of churches then and today is to get the heathen involved on something that is common ground. So, pagans were worshipping the sun on sun-day, so Christianity just said, "you can worship god on the same day, sun-day." 

The church also did that for the birth of Christ, and rather than celebrate his birthday on Feast of sukkot, when he more than likely was born, they decided to use another pagan holiday, saturnalia, to celebrate his birthday and partake in the pagan ritual of Christmas tree, etc. 

and of course they did the same regarding the celebration of his resurrection. Rather than celebrate on his the real day he rose, Feast of First Fruits, they decide to piggyback that too on another pagan holiday, Easter, so now the Christians can mingle pagan rituals with Christianity. (Easter eggs) 

i think my rant got expanded but you get my point- the church is compromising its purity by going to bed with the pagans. All in the name of evangelization. 

I see what you're saying. And I agree that Jesus was born on Sukkot.  I think he was born on the first night of Sukkot, and circumcised on Shemni Atzeret.

I do wish we celebrated Jesus' resurrection three days after Passover instead of allowing the solar calendar to dictate that.  It seems so out of place to celebrate the resurrection two weeks before or after Passover.   I was reading and the early Christians did not celebrate the Resurrection at all.  The anniversary of Jesus' resurrection wasn't a holy day or a holiday.  It wasn't a day at all.     They viewed it as a fact that shaped their lives and informed how they lived every day.

To be honest, and maybe it's the "old man" in me speaking, but I really would not miss Christmas, either.   It is so far flung even from what it was supposed to be for Christians, that it is just an abomination and a way for the retail industry to manipulate and brainwash people into thinking that you don't love your family if you don't in debt to the tune of $7500 at Christmas.