Wednesday Worship

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Why are thier Mid week Services in Protestant Faith Traditions been to a few some are Worship some Bible study someĀ  some Prayer Meeting why are they done different some have seprate Bible Study and Prayer Meeting Services.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

because sometimes people do have to work for a living and

this is mostly the only day they can make it

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

really no way thiers nite church We have Night time Masses too. but Gathering in Church is the Main Special Importance.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/23/2016 at 2:30 PM, Prayerful Flower said:

really no way thiers nite church We have Night time Masses too. but Gathering in Church is the Main Special Importance.

I"m not sure what your question is. Ā What difference does it matter what day of the week it is as long as we praise and worship our Heavenly Father? Ā Maybe I"m misunderstanding what you are trying to say, help me out?????

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

man's tradition is contrary to Scripture in many ways,Ā  so it won't / doesn't make sense for those who adhere to God and His Word.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

My church has both Bible Study and prayer on Wednesday night, as well as a time for questions to be answered. Ā We have the Lords Supper once each month as well. Ā Other churches do so on other nights.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I'll be at prayer meeting tonight at my church.Ā  We have a brief Bible study, pray in small groups, and pray together in a corporate group as the Lord leads.

It's immensely important that the people of God study his word together, pray together, serve the Lord together, promoting the preaching of the gospel together, and carry out the Great Commission together.

What day or night of the week is this to be done?Ā  It doesn't matter.Ā  "When" is very flexible.Ā  That is take place is crucial.Ā  I cannot imagine a body of Christ not praying together.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 6/1/2016 at 3:59 PM, Willa said:

My church has both Bible Study and prayer on Wednesday night, as well as a time for questions to be answered. Ā We have the Lords Supper once each month as well. Ā Other churches do so on other nights.

Yes Willa that is what your Wednesday night are for. Ā We also have a praise and worship before the service, then Bible Study and prayer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

At our church we have dinner together then have a prayer service on Wednesday nights

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

11 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Yes Willa that is what your Wednesday night are for. Ā We also have a praise and worship before the service, then Bible Study and prayer.

We also open with a 20 minutesĀ of worship--sorry I neglected to mention it. Ā The question and answer time and prayer requests is unique to this service, though, since Sunday morning services are much larger. Ā During the summer we combine the 2 Sunday morning services once a month and meet in our outdoor amphitheater which is often attended by people on vacation and many people attend who are non believers. Ā It may seem less threatening to them than a church. Ā But a lot of people are saved there. Ā Afterwards we have a barbecue.Ā Ā (hamburgers, hotdogs, and BBQ beef) Ā Otherwise the early service meets outdoors as well while the late service still meets indoors. Ā Sunday night service is also smaller and often has a fellowship dinner preceding it. Ā Ā Men's prayer group has a pancake breakfast at 6 AM on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Ā  Women's Ministry has a bible study Ā (that breaks up into small groups for discussion and prayer)Ā that meets on a morning with childcare and on anĀ evening as well. Ā A lot of people from other churches attend that. Ā There are also a few small groups that meet in homes of elders. Ā A young adults group and a singles group are also active for fellowship, as well as college age, middle school and high school groups that meet in the evenings in homes in addition to Sunday school which is held during each service. Ā