Pj

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have a relative that I am trying my best to follow Gods teachings and talk, work with and witness to because I believe it is the Christian way.  

However she is an extremely difficult person , can be very rude, dwelling on the part, hates her now deceased parents, has no friends, complains of being ill, had a heart attack, bottom line is she is doing nothing to help herself.

i almost feel that my interactions for her are nothing more than an opportunity to take her multitude of frustrations on someone for all the "evils" that have fallen on her.  I have never met Simone this bitter.  She claims she died for a minute but never saw a light no one came for her so she now feels Christ dies not want her.  

No one will have anything to do with her, except on Facebook but even though she has 3000 friends it's all about politics and nothing personal.

i am doing my best to minister to her, to try and get her back on track, that God does love her, etc.. It is s battle.

my Delia is she is making it so very difficult and at times I want to just drop her but Would Cfrist Drop Us, is what I come back to. 

Suggestions please on how I can reach her or do I move on with my life which seems very wrong to me as a Christian. 

Oops that should be dilemma. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The answer is prayer prayer prayer. Sometimes people won't listen, this person has already heard the truth there's not much more you can do in that department. At this point there's no point in telling her-all you can do is pray for her, and minister to her through your actions. Continue to be there for her and be a friend, show Christ's love through your actions. And pray. Thats all you can do at this point leave the rest to God.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  35

7 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

The answer is prayer prayer prayer. Sometimes people won't listen, this person has already heard the truth there's not much more you can do in that department. At this point there's no point in telling her-all you can do is pray for her, and minister to her through your actions. Continue to be there for her and be a friend, show Christ's love through your actions. And pray. Thats all you can do at this point leave the rest to God.

What The_Patriot said 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

9 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I could not say this any better than what Patriot said.  Matter of fact, I also have someone in my life that I tried unceasingly to minister to.  They would have no part of it.  I finally came to understand it was God that would bring about circumstances for witnessing to take place.....so I pray and pray.  I love the person but do not push.  It is in God's almighty hands, and I pray daily for this person.  Remember your love and affection will be a wonderful testimony for Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Pj said:

my Delia is she is making it so very difficult and at times I want to just drop her but Would Cfrist Drop Us, is what I come back to.

I agree with patriot, your next step is to pray for that person. There is nothing more you can do. God in his great love gave each us free will. Which means that each of us can choose to except him or reject him. Sadly many reject God and his free gift of eternal life. In chapter 10 of the book of Matthew, the passages show us that yes we can walk away with a clear conscience after having shared the gospel with someone who then rejects it.. Its not our job to force anyone or pester them until they believe. Our Job is to simply share the gospel, which literally means “good news”. After having shared this “good news” it is then up to the individual to decide what to do with that information. Your relative has to make the decision for Christ for herself. You can't make the decision for her. No amount of cajoling from you will persuade her. In fact pressuring a person can push that individual further and further away from the gospel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

It took 4 years to ware my hubby down as I prayed night and day for him.  I was constrained to do so.  It was hard to not say any more or to argue with him about it, but God put a guard on my mouth and just told me to just love him.  So I would just smile when he made absurd objections why he could not become a Christian.  That made hm so angry!  But I knew the sins he listed are the very reasons why Christ died for him.  Meanwhile God was trying to create in me that gentle and quiet spirit as well as heartfelt submission to him even while he was not saved or godly.  1 Peter 3.   So I concluded that God could have saved him at any time.  It took that long for Him to make a more godly wife out of me!

God may save her in His time, not ours.  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Remember the disciples came to Jesus once [in Mark 9] and asked, since he had given them authority to drive out demons, why they could not effectively handle a particular evil spirit?

Remember Jesus said that this kind can only be driven out with prayer AND fasting

Have you considered fasting for your relative?  Fasting can be a few days, one day, or part of a day/days.  Some people are on special medications and cannot fast for a whole 24 hours.  Remember Jesus and his 40 day fast?  And the devil asked him to turn the rocks to bread since he was hungry?

Honestly, what would have been wrong with that?  Well, Jesus was in a period of LITERAL self-denial - even food - for the sake of hearing God's voice and communing with God and .... well, to be truthful, the rest of the purpose of that fast we don't know. And to take his mind off of God and put it on those rocks/potential bread and to eat even just a crumb of bread would have been to break that concentration and that intense communion.

Consider short periods of fasting and during those times pleading to God as never before and bringing that relative to God's throne.  Pray that God will bind the strongholds in her life and put protective hedges about her and that God, the Lord of the harvest, will send someone to be a reaper of what you have sown.

Just something to consider. 

Thank you all for your replies and wonderful advise.  As for fasting not an option for any extended period of time due to serious health considerations.  

Am I doing this for me.  Good question, however no believe me it is hard to deal with the constant negative environment, nothing positive.  It is because I care and she really needs the help.  I have offered her to move here, financially she is in a bad way, no matter what is recommended it's negative for her, or will not work.  It's almost as if she wants to fail. 

She is family and I don't want to give up on her, everyone else has.  

I will continue to pray and ask God direction and the path to follow.  I so want her to open up and know his grace before it is too late.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Never give up is an option with Christ. A person who is not a believer feel like they are up against a rock and a hard place and sometimes they do give up.