IGNORED

YOUR Church has put a DRESS CODE in place!

kwikphilly

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lady...

Gee,I just never can tell who you all are addressing when you quote(me in this instance) Anyway,if you are asking why I  am explaining(not complaining...????)this Thread it is because we have a new member that just joined in, I did specifically address him so there would not be any confusion.....it can be difficult for someone to enter into a discussion that has 31 pages of replies......in consideration of him,I summed it up,I am well aware of what everyone has said (over & over  & over again) so,I considered having it locked & then opted to try & get it back on Topic for our new friends & Family Members......

Paul addresses appearance(attire),behavior & learning (specifically women)

Likewise, I want women [gune] to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments; 10 but rather by means of good works, as befits women [gune] making a claim to godliness. 11 Let a woman [gune] quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow a woman [gune] to teach or exercise authority over a man, [andros] but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman [gune] being quite deceived, fell into transgression. 15 But she will be saved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint." (1 Tim. 2:9-15).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Likewise, I want women [gune] to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments;

So Paul. Wanted us to dress modestly and discreetly. But not so much in costly things or fancy things. Just as long as we are dressed modestly then that should be alright. Jeans and a nice shirt seem modest to me. So I think they should be okay. I'm good with that.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So Paul. Wanted us to dress modestly and discreetly. But not so much in costly things or fancy things. Just as long as we are dressed modestly then that should be alright. Jeans and a nice shirt seem modest to me. So I think they should be okay. I'm good with that.

This post highlights the problem of trying to impose "biblical" standards of dress on people.  I have been to churches where a woman in jeans would have been shunned by the other ladies.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I have been to churches where a woman in jeans would have been shunned by the other ladies.  

Let them shun me. I don't need people like that in my life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brothers & Sisters......

My question may not be for everyone,,,,,,,this Topic has been discussed many times before ,some people hold fast to the customary,traditional mindset that ladies wear dresses to church & men wear suits,these folks probably have a separate wardrobe reserved as "Church Clothes" & they are not the best candidates for this imaginary situation,,,,,,,,There a group of individuals that believe that God does not look at outward appearance & He sees a persons heart,they feel their apparel is irrelevant & some of them will be sure to wear a clean shirt & neat jeans while the rest will throw anything on,,,,,,my question is for them........

Okay,so you don't believe in "dressing up" for church and you go to a church were the Pastor wears jeans & a T-shirt,,,,,people dress however they want and you are happy as a clam because you love God,you love your Pastor,you love your Church and you love the service,,,,,,wouldn't change a thing,,,,,,,,,every Sunday you leave church filled with the Word of God,,,,,,,,,,,Now the Pastor announces,,,,,We have put a "dress code" in place,,,,,,,,,men must wear suits & ladies must wear dresses! If you cannot afford it we will give you a gift certificate to help........What would you do? Would you leave or stay?.............Just curious.............

The reason I ask is because as I see the "dress code" at church has slipped away into oblivion I do believe I see more people in attendance that may not have been there if they had to "dress up",,,,,,I wonder if being "uncomfortable" for an hour or two would prevent some people from going to the Church they say they love everything about? Well,let's see what the majority is and who has the best answer........

With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,,,,,,,,,I don't know that I am supposed to answer,,,,,,,I am one of those people that do "dress up" for church no matter where I go and no matter what anyone else does,,,,,,,,,keep in mind,the question really is not about what you prefer but "What would you do?"...........

Men and women should dress decently and appropriately for church, even to the women covering their heads as scripture states.

1 Corinthians 11:5   But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

1 Corinthians 11:10   For this cause ought the woman to have power on [her] head because of the angels.

But it is perfectly acceptable for women to wear pants as there is nothing at all in scripture that says women must always wear skirts.

People take such passages as Deuteronomy 22:5   The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God. as meaning that there are specific modes of dress for men and women but that is just NOT so.

Remember that men and women in ancient Israel dressed pretty much alike with both men and women wearing a sort of long shirt dress and robe overtop.

This passage in particular is really saying that men should not wear women's veils, or colors (which were usually the domain of women). And women should not put on men's battle armour or signet rings.

There are still cultures today where men and women dress pretty closely alike. Is God going to judge the women for not wearing skirts? NO.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Matrix

Okay,so what would you do?

6 minutes ago, Butero said:

As I was thinking about some of the comments that have been made to justify women wearing jeans to church,  a commercial for Snickers Candy Bars came to mind.  The argument made by Lady Kay is that if the garment is made to fit a woman, it is a woman's garment.  In the commercial, you have a man wearing a Marilyn Monroe style dress like she wore in one of her movies.  It is supposed to be her before she had a bite of the candy.  After she eats the candy, she looks herself again.  The dress the guy is wearing is clearly not her dress, and it was tailor made to fit him, therefore, using her logic, that is a man's dress.  If he wants to, he is dressed to go out on the town, or perhaps to Lady Kay's Church. 

The issue is masculine verses feminine style clothing.  You can make that dress fit a man perfect, but he will still look effeminate in it.  The same goes for jeans.  You can make it fit a woman, but she will still look masculine in them.  You may be able to tell it is a woman, just as I recognized the man in a dress, but she is still wearing masculine style clothes.  That is the problem, and nearly all of society will jump on a man wearing feminine clothes, but they overlook women wearing masculine clothes.  A woman can have her hair style anything from long to bald, but society still looks down on men with long hair.  Men can't have long hair where I work, but I have seen women with long or short hair.  A woman can wear anything from a dress to jeans and society is fine with it, but if a man wears a dress, most people, including women, will condemn him.  That is because of the feminzation of society.  This is a sin issue, and that is why the church must take a stand against women wearing pant, especially to church, or they are compromising. 

I dont know what kind of jeans the women in your area wear, but the women around here wear jeans that are clearly not masculine and they do not look one tiny bit masculine in them.   Also, who says that jeans are masculine?  Who made up this rule?  

5 minutes ago, Butero said:

I have seen many women wearing their husband's jeans.  This is so common, there was a question on "Family Feud" that had the husband saying to his wife, "If you are going to wear my jeans, I am going to wear your blank."  How do I know jeans are masculine, or at the least, far more masculine than a dress?  Men look masculine in jeans and feminine in a dress.  If they were the same, men would look equally masculine in an evening gown as in jeans.  Everybody is quick to accuse a man of dressing like a woman in a dress, but who does that if he is wearing jeans?  Nobody.  Concerned Women For America was outraged over a book about a little boy wearing a skirt made for him by his Mother.  Why?  They said it taught little boys to dress like a girl.  Who made up the rule wearing a flowery dress that whirls and twirls was for girls?  Who decided it was feminine?  The largest women's group in America. 

There are certain clothings items that are purely feminine and certain clothing items that are purely masculine and then there are those in the middle.  A dress is feminine and a double breasted suit is masculine. Jeans fall into the neutral category. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I just think it's so sad for someone to condemn people on what they wear.  I"m still a born again Christian in a pair of jeans, I still serve Jesus, I still witness about my faith and I can do it in a pair of jeans and short hair.  If I wasn't a believer and someone came up to me and condemned me I not sure I would ever want to be a part of that church.  I want people to see my heart, not what I have on.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

7 minutes ago, Butero said:

Pants are masculine and pertain to a man.  Ever notice the universal symbol on the bathrooms?  The pants pertain to the man and the dress to the woman.  They old question, "Who wears the pants in this family," is based on the idea the husband is the head of the home and wears the pants.  The scripture says the woman is not to wear that which pertaineth to a man.  By the way, who came up with your rule of thumb?  Why is a dress feminine and a double breasted suit masculine?  The moment you posted that, you became guilty of making your own judgments about clothes, the very thing I get criticized for doing.  I can about guarantee you that if a woman wore a double breasted suit, the same people defending women in jeans would defend it.  The bottom line is that women can wear anything they want and have their hair any way they want and people are dared to criticize it, but that is not the case with men.  Everyone knows it whether they want to admit it or not. 

My rule of thumb is based on our current society, which is who always dictates such things, which is why they are constantly changing.  God knew this was the case thus He worded this bible in such away that people would not be able to make such things as unchanging dress codes.  But man always finds a way