IGNORED

YOUR Church has put a DRESS CODE in place!

kwikphilly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Butero said:

A church should have rules for how members come dressed to church.

I won't be attending your church.

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

It doesn't cost more for a woman to buy a modest dress than to purchase something immodest or that makes her look like a man,

I don't know. I just don't get it I guess how you can mistake a women in a pair of women's jeans for a man. I wear jeans and no one has ever mistaken me for a man. But whatever I guess, to each their own.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

The original post wasn't about women wearing pants or revealing clothing. The original post was about church's suddenly requiring folks to come to church dressed as if they were going to an outrageously priced restaurant. In which one would be expected to be dressed luxuriantly. Big difference between one wearing casual dress that is clean and neatly pressed and one being required to dress as if they were swimming in luxury.

Would I continue to attend if a dress code was suddenly put in place. No, I will be looking to attend elsewhere. To tell people they have to be dressed luxuriantly is to say that they aren't good enough to know Christ unless they have your approval in the choice of clothing.

I'll say it again, the original post isn't about pants on women or scantly clad clothing. Its about looking as if your swimming in luxury. Being neat, clean and modestly dressed isn't good enough in some folks eyes. People must come to church according to them as if they were swimming in luxury. The is legalism and pride at the core of the requirement. Above all else, it has no affect on keeping people from temptations and weakness's. Since a person is required to do more than just shower and wear clean modest clothing; this has more to do with personal pride than our walk with Christ. And as it has already been said. This leads down to the road of legalism and pride.

1 minute ago, Butero said:

based on how they were dressed and the fact they had short hair. 

The thing is is that not all women who have short hair wear it short in order to look like a man. Most women wear it short cause they think they look nice. I think it is about  the intention behind it. And not every women in pants and short hair looks like Pat from Saturday Night Live. :o

It's just ridicules to think that if church does not have a dress code, that men are going to show up wearing dresses. My church has never had a dress code and no man has ever shown up wearing a dress. And you know what? Even if they did show up wearing a dress. They are to be welcomed just like all the rest of us sinners. Just like Jesus welcomed us while we were still sinners. (Let God take care of the rest)

9 hours ago, Butero said:

If you are going to say it is ok for women to wear jeans to church, then I don't want to hear the same women who wear jeans complain if a man wears a dress to church.  If they do, to me, they are hypocrites

I have said this before and feel it is pointless to say it again because I am clearly not getting through. But I'm not one to give up so here goes: Women jeans are cut and made differently then men jeans.  They are sold in the "women's department" of the store. Men jeans are sold in the "men's department" of the store. If they were the same type clothing they would not be in separate departments of the store. Therefor, If myself or any other women is wearing "women jeans" bought from the "women's department " of a store. We are wearing clothing that is pertaining to a women. As the Old Testament Law states. (that you believe we should still be following)  Women jeans are not made for a man. Women have curves that men do not have. Therefor they are cut and made differently. As I am sure that the robes that wear worn back in Bible days were cut and made differently for the sexes. :th_frusty:

Now with that said. Anyone is free to think or believe whatever they want. Even after the facts of show  them. But I don't like being called a "hypocrite" for doing nothing more then wearing a pair of "women jeans" (bought from the women's department by they way)

And if you have an issue with the "Concerned Women For America" who raised a fuss about a book that was written, you need to take it up with them. Cause I am not part of the "Concerned Women For America" nor do I want to be. Yet for some reason you must think that all women belong to this group as you seem to have lump us all together calling us all hypocrites. :beehive:

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

15 hours ago, Butero said:

I will say it again that the Bible says women are not to wear that which pertains to a man, and it is a shame for a woman to have short hair.  That is what the Bible says, and that is what I will continue to stand up for, even if it is not popular. 

"Pertains to a man", you are misunderstanding the verse.

Listen, think back to the timeperiod, what were they wearing?

What sort of cloak defined a man and a woman? Do you even know? The problem with religion is that it relies on never moving forward with thinking.

Listen again, the clothing that defines a majority of the population is then considered male or female oriented.

But listen again, what if a woman must wear jeans for safety and comfort in order to satisfy job requirements?

How really are you against such things?

Soo she should not work in a place like that?

Are you saying that jobs are gender specific?

Hmmmm?

You see,  people think they know something, but they dont know, they dont know.

This is a matter of perception.

Are you saying you think everyone believes everything just like you do?

Noooo, far from it!

Christian jungle dwellers wear local attire, whatever that may entail, leaves, a leather groin cover, no top, doesnt matter, its how they perceive their reality.

The scripture reference is for the major differences in male attire, you can tell it's a man, and female attire, you can tell it's a woman.

This isnt about dress up, this is about deception!!

This is aimed at Cross Dressers.

You think you are talking with a man or a woman, and speak as you would to either, maybe the greeting is different, 2 kisses, a hug, touching a man or if it was a woman, no contact, very respectful, courteous from a man.

For women, they can touch, hug, giggle, with eachother, whatever greeting the two have. But they dont touch men they just meet.

You see by deception you may sin, to you or to God.

You see you must be flexible in your judgements of what the local customs are.

Not everyone has ever dressed like you in the last 2000 or more years in this area, yet you or I has the gall to tell a local population to that they dont dress right?

Maybe in their reality you dress backwards from them and you are wrong?

Covering the body once their eyes were opened (thats a whole nether post) was about covering up what was taught about and told about and revered.

Now they see with their eyes and it was scary to see everything.

Now they must cover up, what before was veiled.

Most do not understand what it was like before sin. Its very very sad to see what happened, it gives God great sorrow to see what lucifer did.

Do you want to know why God did this, why he has stretched out time?

This a reality we live in is time slowed down, we are in an anomaly due to sin.

You see time started when she ate of the fruit.

Eternity stopped, time started.

But victory was assured before sin ever happened due to how God Is or Works.

You see this reality is already finished, done, over with, completed, the next reality is already happened.

God has won, lucifer lost, we win, its already happened.

The speed it happens is based on your death.

For believers death is eternal life. 

For the unbelievers eternal separation.

That's why we are here, to save the world!!!

Your whole purpose once you come to know God is to save others, your silly life is of little consequence, it just to futher your experience, and help make life bearable as you do Gods Will, which is spreading THE WORD OF ETERNAL LIFE.

anyway, gotta go, love ya.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Butero.....

Your message will always be misunderstood because nobody "listens".those gals that wear slacks can't help but think it is womens wear because society accepted it long ago & they even started tailoring pants specifically "for women"....remember the rage Jean Harlow caused by wearing her famous "pants",& indeed,a very feminine creature was she but everyone said"She dresses like a man",as did the diva Marlena Dietrich.....

I get your drift Brother,who was it? Notradamus that predicted you wouldn't be able to tell the ladies from the men?I only mention it because my father was talking about it when I was a little girl in the early 60's & the Beatles were popular,my father said they looked like a girl group with their 'long hair" and then lo & behold,the 70's came along,my dad nearly had a stroke!!! If it's any consolation,I see what you are saying with the double standard,,,,,I actually see everyone's point.......personally,I like feminine clothing for myself

• Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

17 hours ago, Butero said:

Motives have nothing to do with it.  The Bible just says not to do those things.  It doesn't say not to do them unless your motives are pure.  Not all men with long hair do so to look like a woman, but it is still called a shame. 

Not all women in pants with short hair are like Pat on Saturday Night Live, but some are.  I have witnessed it for myself.  But again, motives aren't mentioned in scripture.  If I see a man come into church wearing a dress, but he has a masculine face and hairy legs, he is still dressed like a woman, and in most churches, the women would object.  There is a clear double standard, and I have shown that with Concerned Women For America and their campaign to ban a book from public schools about a little boy wearing a skirt made for him by his Mother. 

Wow I"m so glad I"m living under grace, and that  God looks at my heart. End of discussion for me.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

11 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Butero.....

Your message will always be misunderstood because nobody "listens".those gals that wear slacks can't help but think it is womens wear because society accepted it long ago & they even started tailoring pants specifically "for women"....remember the rage Jean Harlow caused by wearing her famous "pants",& indeed,a very feminine creature was she but everyone said"She dresses like a man",as did the diva Marlena Dietrich.....

I get your drift Brother,who was it? Notradamus that predicted you wouldn't be able to tell the ladies from the men?I only mention it because my father was talking about it when I was a little girl in the early 60's & the Beatles were popular,my father said they looked like a girl group with their 'long hair" and then lo & behold,the 70's came along,my dad nearly had a stroke!!! If it's any consolation,I see what you are saying with the double standard,,,,,I actually see everyone's point.......personally,I like feminine clothing for myself

Just for the record, no one has ever mistaken me for a man.