Flashbacks and anxiety due to PTSD

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Getting very anxious about things touching my right arm and triggering my flashbacks which are getting clearer. I've been helped by police,  drs,  CPS,  home care team and my family who have hidden all my meds to stop me ODing again. 

Really struggling with this not sure how to deal with it xx

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

7 minutes ago, TJ said:

Getting very anxious about things touching my right arm and triggering my flashbacks which are getting clearer. I've been helped by police,  drs,  CPS,  home care team and my family who have hidden all my meds to stop me ODing again. 

I really think you know what to do Tj. All of us here have shared Jesus with you.  The only way to end all of this is to put your trust in Him.  He is your answer not people.  Put is all in God's hands and let Him deal with it for you.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

Hi TJ,

I'm sorry you are having trouble with flashbacks right now.  I know what that's like.  What I like to do is write them down along with anything I might be feeling at the time about my life, which hasn't always been rosy thoughts.  I write them all down by hand most of the time because writing by hand can be therapeutic and help with left brain right brain connections that are damaged by abuse.  Writing can help the left brain verbalize what the right brain is feeling without that sense of speechlessness that can make me feel like I am going to explode.  

There are even books on Amazon about writing therapy called graphotherapy if you wanted to get more information that I have used before after I got to a place where my mind was able to rest and focus on the techniques.  I use a couple of techniques from books on the subject and I do notice a difference, but I am not a legalist about my journal writing looking perfect.  It still looks very hurried sometimes depending on my mood.  

I also like to journal on the computer sometimes because when I type on a computer, it is very easy to hit the erase button and sometimes I need to know I can do that to feel safe writing down a flashback or whatever else is clouding my mind at the time.  

So, I would suggest trying either one, especially handwriting.  But, if the handwriting part makes you feel unsafe, you can always rip it up when you are done so you will feel safe saying anything you want to say.  

Then, once you have gotten the flashback you are having out, be sure to find something positive to put in like research on the subject of PTSD helps me, or reading testimonies of people who are overcome abuse.  They have a lot of good biographies of people that have encouraged me over the years.  And, of course, the Bible.  Maybe try reading through Psalms or the New Testament after you are done journaling a flashback to give your mind something new to consider other than abuse.  

:)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 hours ago, TJ said:

:emot-heartbeat:

Praying~!

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Isaiah 59:11)-Behold,The Lords hand is not shortened,that it cannot save,nor,His ears heavy that it cannot hear,,,Amen

Blessings,God will help you through this,

7Dove77

• 3 weeks later...

On 4/19/2016 at 3:14 PM, RustyAngeL said:

I really think you know what to do Tj. All of us here have shared Jesus with you.  The only way to end all of this is to put your trust in Him.  He is your answer not people.  Put is all in God's hands and let Him deal with it for you. 

TJ 

As is stated in the last post I left you with, you need to stop speaking about this all the time.  Every time you claim this in your life you give the enemy more and more ground. I learned this from a very dear sister/best friend here.  Instead of talking about it like you own it speak Jesus and claim His healing in your life.  You need to stop saying things like my PTSD or My Stress,  my anxiety, Stop claiming these things.  You have said there are times you want to overdose to do harm to yourself.  This is not what God wants for you.  He wants to set you free from all of this.  He has not given you this spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7  Whether or not you choose to claim it is up to you.  It's here for you, now and so is God.   If you grab a hold of God's promises for you, you will see a changed life.  One that is joyful, full of peace and freedom from your past.  Now the question is, what do you want?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I just had a trigger on Wednesday night from a scene in a movie that brought me back to something traumatic... it was very unsettling. What helped me was to be committed beforehand to stop myself from that downward spiral thinking that brings me back into the moment, prayer, thanking and praising God, evaluating circumstances logically, and talking with a trusted, strong Christian.

On 5/7/2016 at 9:18 PM, seraph said:

I just had a trigger on Wednesday night from a scene in a movie that brought me back to something traumatic... it was very unsettling. What helped me was to be committed beforehand to stop myself from that downward spiral thinking that brings me back into the moment, prayer, thanking and praising God, evaluating circumstances logically, and talking with a trusted, strong Christian.

Amen Seraph.   It's all about that cultivated relationship you have with Jesus.  So when the storms hit you have that faith and trust to fall back on.  It's as the word says, we battle against principalities and powers of the air.  The best way to do that is just what you did. Pray and praise,  remember God inhabits the praises of His people. Good Girl! 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings TJ

You are going to get a lot of "worldly advice",,,,,,,but not from me & if anyone is qualified to give you ' worldly,medical,statistical,academic,scientific,factual,psychological,advise etc,,,,,,,,I would be the one ,,,,we do not use Titles here at Worthy simply because we are all equals & to research one's credentials that would involve publicizing too much personal information,,,,,,,,but I can assure you,I have those credentials,,,,,,,& they MEAN NOTHING!!!!!PLease,listen carefully...................

We are Christians,we can choose to let Jesus be LORD of our lives & SAVIOR    OR     we can choose to be "of the world",we can think "temporal or eternal,we can think above or below,we can listen to the "father of lies" or our Heavenly Father,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,choose

You have been diagnosed as___& __________,whatever that may be,are you going to accept mans 'truth" or Gods "Truth",,,,,,,are you going to speak "life" or "death",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In the world there are medical(physical,mental,emotional,physiological)facts,,,,,,these are the things of the flesh & to accept what someone diagnosis you as "having " or "being" is to claim it for your own,,,,,,,,,to reject it is to 'renew your mind" and to submit to Christ,this is how we become those New Creatures in Christ Jesus we hear about,,,,,,,,,WHO AM I IN CHRIST?,,,,,,,Am I the same old person suffering with this & that ,still in bondage or am I FREE IN CHRIST?   Consider these things

I am not telling you to stop your meds,I am not saying you are not experiencing flashbacks & "feeling things" touching your arm,,,,,,I am telling you that these are strong holds & you can break those chains of bondage,,,,,,,,,

i have ptsd.  the only thing that helped me was God and of course time.  it help to watch yourself.  at the first stages of stress stop and pray. 

That quote is nearly perfect except for one little thing''I have ptsd"......"I am DIAGNOSED as having ptsd" is perfect,,,,,,,ptsd is what is the declaration,the decree,the claim,,,,,,,,,we do not accept hearing ANY evil report,instead we can acknowledge what the world says without claiming it as our own,,,,that is "taking captive every thought" & the beginnings of ' renewing the mind",,,,,,,,,,,I never ever said "I have cancer",no thank you,,,,okay,I was diagnosed with it but I know my God is ABLE to Deliver & I am FREE indeed......................you see?

Do you really "feel" the touch on the arm,if you do or you don't is of no consequence,,,,,,,,what you "speak" with your mouth is,,,,,,,,,,I am a New Creature in Christ Jesus & no matter what you(the enemy)say or do I am Gods Property & covered by the Blood of Jesus,Glory to God i the Highest,my Deliverer,my Redeemer,my Hedge of Protection,,,,,,,,,,why are we told to SPEAK? So the enemy can hear what we BELIEVE & WHO we ARE in Christ,WHO we serve & obey & Trust...........................start to immerse yourself in Gods Word & seek Him,let Him reveal His Truth to you ,show you the Position of Victory that Christ affords you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise the lord out loud when you feel these things,,,,,,resist the devil & he will flee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise Jesus,,,,,,,,,

Are you a Christian TJ?Do you know that Jesus abides IN you,if you are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You must learn WHO you are in Christ & the Authority He has given you in Him                                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest Thallasa
On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:14 PM, RustyAngeL said:

Healing can take a long time as things hidden come to  the surface . Even when Jesus is in our life , it takes time .

If He is patient, perhaps we need to be too , and just realise that TJ  just wants us to hear her; to be able to talk about something she perhaps finds difficulty in expressing to others in the same way . Maybe it is a compliment to the people here, that she thinks  we will be kind and parient with her and give her the good news from the bible like Joe does .:)