wha t u think of this?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Basically  a gay couple sent out an invite to their "wedding" and in return got this invite.  The response is pretty proactive but is something like this Christlike

IMG_20160422_180546.JPG

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

No its not, the reply to the invitation was very spiteful. We are not called to be spiteful just as we are not to be hateful. It is possible to disagree with an action such as a homosexual wedding without lowering oneself to that of an unbeliever. All the respondent had to say was, “I or we decline to attend” and leave it at that. A response such as the one you posted will just cause an unbeliever to move that much further away from the gospel.

And if they were confessing Christians such a reply will push them further into sin because they now have just been attacked and are now resentful. The bible tells us that if another Christian is sinning we are to politely and in a loving manner help them back onto the right road. After having gently and in a loving manner admonished someone; It is then up to them to make a decision in which direction they will go. They have to make the choice themselves, no one else can make it for them or force them into changing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I see not supporting it, I probably wouldn't attend either-and probably would let them know why, but not in that manner, nor would I protest it or encourage others to. There are times and places to protest-at the wedding is not one of them.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Call me a cynic, but it sounds like a hoax to me.  Normally, people who hate homosexuals enough to do something like this [think Westboro Church] use words other than "gay" do describe them.

People of all backgrounds cause internet drama by pretending to be attacked, offended, and/or maligned.  And why would a gay couple send an invitation to their wedding to someone they even suspect has views such as this?

But to answer the OP - if this is legitimate, it is one of the most un-Christlike things I've ever seen.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Sometimes people come into forums like this to incite turmoil... baiting... like Chris Matthews baiting Trump into saying a crime should be punished under the topic banner women who have an abortion...

That's what this topic feels like.

If so... my response is this:

Jesus Christ died to pay for the sins of mankind. ALL of them. All of our sins...

ALL you have to do is believe in Jesus to activate that prepaid forgiveness.

If you disbelieve this and refuse to believe in Jesus... you will have all of eternity to live with such a stupid choice. Coming this close to life eternal and having to do so little to gain that life. Jesus did it all.

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Sex sins of homosexuality... sex sins of heterosexuality... murder... theft... rape... incest... squeezing the Charmin... ALL sins forgiven.

Do you want affirmation in your rebellion against God? Or do you want peace? Joy? Assurance that you will live in eternity with God and will no longer be hell bound.

Forever is a long time.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Is something like this Christlike?  No.

21 minutes ago, Butero said:

Do you believe it really happened?  It sure looks suspicious to me.  There is something else to consider.  I know of a lot of people that are not even claiming to be Christians who hate homosexuals.  I was driving team with a guy in that category for awhile.  He wasn't a Christian but he hated gays, so even if the letter is legitimate, there is no reason to assume it is motivated by someone's religious views.  The person could be a secularist for all anyone knows.  The only thing in the letter that would even make one think the person was Christian was the fact they called the homosexual lifestyle a sin, but even non-Christians know that is the case. 

The question was pertaining to whether it was Christlike or not. Hoax or real does not really change the question. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

There was a recent hoax where a gay pastor tried to claim whole foods gave him a slur on a cake. It was shown via store video that the gay pastor made that up and now whole foods is suing the gay pastor. It wouldnt surprise me if a lot more of these hoaxes pop up in order to defame Christians. 

16 minutes ago, Butero said:

I understand that, but I thought you might have an opinion about whether it was real.

I hate to speculate about such matters.  I have seen and heard much stranger things come from people who claim Christ.  I can't help but wonder why it matters.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

My humble opinion is that it is not Christ like.  He would have merely asked them to follow Me. 

As long as we are picking apart the message . . . . . .  What are the chances that both fellows have last names that are also first names?