• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1993

Hi fellow brothers and sisters,

Sometimes I have a hard time following Jesus' path.
That can be due to my autism, or maybe the lack of knowledge...

What is the best I can do now?
Some of you said in my introduction topic (http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/197670-hello-from-the-netherlands/), to read John's "book" (or how do I write that in English???)

There is no doubt, for me that the Lord and Jesus exists.
So I want to know where I can get the most information about the life of Jesus and his followers, before Jesus died for our sins.
This question because I think that I can do things, like helping someone, much better if I know more about Jesus' life and what he did.
I know that in great lines, but not the fine things...

God's blessings,

Rik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,218
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hey hi rikdegraaff!

Its nice to hear that you want to get to know who Christ Jesus was and what He was trying to impart to us so we can follow by His example to us.

Its really not complicated, if you read the 4 gospel you will get and idea who Christ Jesus is, and what He desires from us through him guiding us, through his examples.

You will find the examples of what Christ desires from us written in the 4 gospels of the new testament.

I would suggest to begin with the book of John.

John was the youngest of the disciples of Christ Jesus, he got to live and be around Christ Jesus through Christ Jesus time on earth.

Also God wants us to have a daily relationship with Him just by talking (praying to Him. with that said, you can ask God to guide you as desire so much to know Him.

God will respond and show you in your heart .

Best wishes;

1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Rik ,do you know what it means to be born again?

• Group:  Members

Hello @1to3,

Thank you for your clear explanation.
I am going to read John's book.
But one question, who are the 4 gospels?
I don't yet have an English bible, that is why I have a struggle with the names.
My native language is Dutch, so my bibles are Dutch too ;).
But an English bible is coming to me.
Then I can read it in English and that should must clear up some things, like the names of the prophets.

And to @angels4u:

I don't know really what you mean with the term "born again".
Do you mean the death of Jesus Christ and his "resurrection"?
Or is it the new kingdom, the paradise on earth and in heaven?
I know that if we die, and then Jesus comes to earth, to divide the "bad" people and the "good" people, we will be made again (if God wants to, of course).

Do you have some more information to let me understand the "born again" term.

Gods blessings,

Rik

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, rikdegraaff said:

Hello @1to3,

Thank you for your clear explanation.
I am going to read John's book.
But one question, who are the 4 gospels?
I don't yet have an English bible, that is why I have a struggle with the names.
My native language is Dutch, so my bibles are Dutch too ;).
But an English bible is coming to me.
Then I can read it in English and that should must clear up some things, like the names of the prophets.

And to @angels4u:

I don't know really what you mean with the term "born again".
Do you mean the death of Jesus Christ and his "resurrection"?
Or is it the new kingdom, the paradise on earth and in heaven?
I know that if we die, and then Jesus comes to earth, to divide the "bad" people and the "good" people, we will be made again (if God wants to, of course).

Do you have some more information to let me understand the "born again" term.

Gods blessings,

Rik

Hi Rik,

I'm so happy you ask what is mean to be born again, to be born again is not to be born in the flesh for the second time but to be born out of the Spirit. Please read again in John where Nicodemus is asking how he can be born again :

1Zo was er een Farizeeër, een lid van de Hoge Raad, die Nikodemus heette2en die op een nacht met Jezus kwam praten. ‘Meester,’ zei hij, ‘wij weten dat God U gezonden heeft om ons te leren. Want niemand kan de wondertekenen doen die U doet, als God niet met hem is.’ 3Jezus antwoordde: ‘Luister goed, wie niet opnieuw geboren wordt, kan het Koninkrijk van God niet ontdekken.4‘Opnieuw geboren?’ vroeg Nikodemus. ‘Hoe kan dat? Iemand kan toch niet voor de tweede keer uit zijn moeders lichaam geboren worden?’ 5Jezus antwoordde: ‘Toch is het zoals Ik zeg. Niemand kan het Koninkrijk van God binnengaan, als hij niet geboren wordt uit water en Geest. 6Uit mensen komt menselijk leven voort, maar uit de Geest van God komt geestelijk leven voort. ( Only the Holy Spirit can convict you of sin and that you need Jesus to forgive you of your sins, so by repenting of your sisns and asking Jesus to forgive you ,you will be born again ,born of God)Het is dus helemaal niet zo vreemd dat Ik zei dat u opnieuw geboren moet worden. 8De wind waait waarheen hij wil. Je hoort hem wel, maar je weet niet waar hij vandaan komt en waar hij heen gaat. Zo is het ook als iemand door de Geest van God nieuw leven krijgt.’ 9Nikodemus vroeg: ‘Hoe gebeurt dat dan?’10Jezus antwoordde: ‘U leert de Joden hoe zij met God en hun medemensen moeten leven. Begrijpt u niet wat Ik zeg? 11Ik weet waarover Ik spreek en vertel wat Ik gezien heb, en toch gelooft u Mij niet. 12Als u niet eens gelooft wat Ik over gewone, aardse dingen zeg, hoe zult u dan geloven wat Ik over de hemelse dingen zeg? 13Er is nog nooit iemand bij God geweest behalve Ik, de Mensenzoon, die bij Hem vandaan komt.
14Zoals Mozes in de woestijn een koperen slang omhoog hield, zo moet ook Ik, de Mensenzoon, omhoog geheven worden, 15opdat ieder die in Mij gelooft, eeuwig leven zal hebben. 16Want God heeft zoveel liefde voor de wereld dat Hij zijn enige Zoon heeft gegeven, zodat ieder die in Hem gelooft, niet verloren gaat maar eeuwig leven heeft.
17God heeft zijn Zoon niet naar de wereld gestuurd om de wereld te veroordelen, maar om haar door Hem van de ondergang te redden. 18Wie zijn vertrouwen op Jezus stelt, wordt niet veroordeeld. Maar wie niet gelooft, is al veroordeeld omdat hij geen vertrouwen heeft gehad in de naam van Gods enige Zoon. 19Het oordeel komt tot stand doordat het licht in de wereld is gekomen, maar de mensen hebben de voorkeur gegeven aan de duisternis. ( they rejected Jesus) Dat komt omdat zij slechte dingen hebben gedaan. 20Want wie zondigt, heeft een hekel aan het licht. Hij ontwijkt het uit angst dat al die slechte dingen aan het licht zullen komen. 21Maar wie Gods wil doet, komt tot het licht, zodat van alles wat hij doet, gezien kan worden dat God het is die daarin werkzaam is.’

As you can read it's all about Jesus,we are all born in sin and deserve death,all through the O.T. you can see this red line pointing to Jesus  for who the people in the O.T. were looking for .
Jesus was born to set us free from sin,it is only because of Him that we have eternal life,He said :
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
The Holy Spirit will convict you that you indeed are a sinner and need Jesus in your life to save you from your sins,when Jesus came to earth , He died for our sins , for the sins of anybody who will come to Him, if you realize the price Jesus paid to save you it will make you very humble . Rik when you ask God  help you to understand by His Holy Spirit what is means to be born again and He will show you everything. Go on your knees and admit you are a sinner and  ask God to forgive you of all your sins,He will come and live inside of you and fill you with the peace nobody can give you and He will fill you with His Holy Spirit who will  help you of how to live pleasing to God. When you realize how much Jesus loves you ,all you want to do is to live for Him,your life will never be the same,Jesus is all what matters in my life because I know how safe I am in His arms.
Like Nicodemus we need to be born again...
Rik ,it was so nice to talk to you in pm an hope we can do this soon again, I will not overload you with more information and if you have any questions please ask :)
(Also note there are many people in Worthy who do not always agree with each other,therefore it is very important to live by what the Bible says and to see what people tell you is indeed Biblical!
Nice t get to know you,enjoy the sunshine and thank Jesus!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,160
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just a note on the born again part Rik:
The Word of God tells us the place where we have began (this world) and even the element of ourselves were born as enemies of God by sin...
So that all from birth will be sinners! But God's Word 'IS' able to penetrate the darkness of ourselves with The Truth of God so that we
can see that this is what we are - and in that instance we see the need to be other than what we are as sinners... this brings
us to what I call the emptiness of being a reality that I have no ability to be other than what I am as a sinner but want/desire
other that I do not know~ for it is not found in the world I am in nor found within myself... but in God's Word which says call out to Me 'Jesus'
The Witness of God's Word:
God has place Himself in The Person of His Son in this world....    read John chapter 1
Having God among us we tortured and hated Him to death because of the sin in us...    read John chapter 19
But God being Love which sin could not alter gave His Life for an exchange for our own (sin cannot be redeemed only put away)

Lk 23:34

34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
KJV

and a very short time later He said

Jn 19:30

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
KJV

That finished forgiveness offered by God is sealed by what happened 3 days later called Easter or Resurrection of Life..  read John chapter 20
All of us who are born of God in the second birth have passed through this door of understanding and called out to Jesus even so
as our brother Paul has said
Ro 10:13
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
KJV

We became new creatures by s/Spiritual birth and God has placed Himself in The Person of The Holy Spirit with The New Me for God's use and glory...
Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,218
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hey hi rikdegraaff;

The four gospel are to be found in the beginning of the new testament.

They are: 1) Matthew, 2) Mark,  )Luke, 4) John

in Dutch

de vier evangeliën Mattheus , Marcus, Lucas , John

and in German

die vier Evangelien Matthäus, Markus, Lukas, Johannes

About being born again in Christ Jesus?

Well, we are ALL born (every human being on earth)  as mortals, prone to sin without Gods plan of Mercy and Grace through Christ Jesus.

Being born again is having truly asked God through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus , to forgive our sins and come make a home in our hearts.

When we do this with sincerity of heart, the Holy Spirit of God comes to make a home in our hearts.

By this we are no longer just like before, but we are now NEW creatures in Christ Jesus. BORN AGAIN

As the Holy Spirit of God  comes to make a home in our hearts, we are no longer the same, we are now born again of the Spirit of the Living God NOW living in us.

When the Holy Spirit of God is truly living in you, you are then born again.

You will notice this by wanting to know more about God,desiring to know more about his WORD wanting more and more to be in relationship with God, you will want to let go more and more of your sins, as the Holy Spirit will be convicting your heart of what they are.

Slowly, step, by step, you will no longer desire the things you used to desire from this world. With the Holy Spirit of God now living inside your heart, you will be guided, and by the Holy Spirit of God, He will will be working and changing you more and more into the child of God you were always meant to be. And that is His new Creation. In Him you are born again. because now you will be born of the Spirit of God living in you, over just being born of the flesh.

Being now born again with the Spirit of God living inside you, you are a New Creation.

2 Corinthians 5:17

16- So from now on we regard no one according to the flesh. Although we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.

17-Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.

The old has passed away.

Behold, the new has come!

18- All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation

Every Christian who truly has given their heart to God, by confession of their sin , asking Christ Jesus to take away their sins and make them whole, by the shed blood of Christ Jesus, that was meant to wash away our sins and cover us with the re-deeming Blood of Christ Jesus, that=the shed blood of Christ for our sins and sicknesses (Isaiah 53) is our shield and covering, making us now clean, acceptable to one day come back to into the presence of God, (check 1 John ch1) once our lives here on earth is no longer.

If we do not have Christ Jesus in us,if we do not have the Holy Spirit of God, living in our hearts, we cannot come back to God. we remain just mortal humans in our sin.

With Christ Jesus as our advocate and our redeemer and the holy Spirit of God living in our hearts, we are now new creations, we are now born again with the Holy Spirit of the Living God now living in our hearts. we are now born of His Holy Spirit living in us..

Best wishes;

1to3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

A good thread- very edifying-- thank you all for the testimony to this dear fellow

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

????? Bog Johan?     Does that help?                       Love,Kwik

• Group:  Members

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

What a beautiful stories.
I am almost crying of happiness, you all have such beautiful replies and beautiful words from God.

I now get the phrase "Born again".

It is a load of information, what is written above here, but I am now getting it.
One little question, is this the right English bible?
If someone can explain me a little bit about the different translations of bibles, I would love to hear that.

Well, I wish everyone a beautiful day.
You're all brothers and sisters of mine.
Thank God that I met you all on this forum.

Love and blessings,

Rik