IGNORED

Who's first answering the Bible question?

angels4u

Guest Butero
9 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Thank you angels 4u,

The New Testament does not command men to keep any particular Sabbath. What Scripture's, or even one will do, there are in fact "three,"  teaches us that we can choose which day if any that he wants to keep unto the Lord?

I don't know of any scripture that teaches we can choose any calendar day we want and make it a Sabbath unto the Lord.  I do know that in Hebrews chapter 4, it speaks of the rest we enter into when we place our trust in Christ.  It actually speaks of this rest in chapter 4:1-11.  I will just post verses 9-11, but it would be helpful to read the entire passage.

9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.  10  For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.  11  Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

We are required to keep the Sabbath.  If we don't enter into that rest spoken of in Hebrews, we will be cast away because of our unbelief, as many of the children of Israel fell in the wilderness and couldn't enter into Canaan because of unbelief.  It is not a calendar day at all.  It is a rest all Christians enter into when they cease from their own labors of sin and cast their burdens on the Lord.  "Pilgrim's Progress" comes to mind, as Christian was going around with that heavy burden on his back until he placed his trust in Jesus. 

You did ask if we wanted a hint.  If you have something else in mind, I would very much like a hint, because I can't think of any scripture that leads me to believe I can choose which day I desire to keep it as the Sabbath.  Under the Old Testament, the Sabbath was clearly the seventh day, and it can never be anything but the seventh day which is Saturday. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angels,,,,,

I logged off after you said it was my turn & Rusty posed a question,,,,????? So now what do I do,I guess I lost my turn? I thought you had to answer a question,get it correctly & THEN pose the next question for others????? Is this how to play?????It does not seem like I know what I am doing..............................                                                              Love,Kwik

Guest Butero
7 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Angels,,,,,

I logged off after you said it was my turn & Rusty posed a question,,,,????? So now what do I do,I guess I lost my turn? I thought you had to answer a question,get it correctly & THEN pose the next question for others????? Is this how to play?????It does not seem like I know what I am doing..............................                                                              Love,Kwik

You were supposed to get the next question, and they bypassed you.  I noticed that myself.  Hazard hasn't said if I got the answer to his question right, but if I did, you are welcome to ask the next question.  It should have been your turn all along.  Maybe you know what Hazard is asking?  I wasn't sure if I understood him right, so maybe you can take a stab at it? 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Butero said:

I don't know of any scripture that teaches we can choose any calendar day we want and make it a Sabbath unto the Lord.  I do know that in Hebrews chapter 4, it speaks of the rest we enter into when we place our trust in Christ.  It actually speaks of this rest in chapter 4:1-11.  I will just post verses 9-11, but it would be helpful to read the entire passage.

9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.  10  For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.  11  Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

We are required to keep the Sabbath.  If we don't enter into that rest spoken of in Hebrews, we will be cast away because of our unbelief, as many of the children of Israel fell in the wilderness and couldn't enter into Canaan because of unbelief.  It is not a calendar day at all.  It is a rest all Christians enter into when they cease from their own labors of sin and cast their burdens on the Lord.  "Pilgrim's Progress" comes to mind, as Christian was going around with that heavy burden on his back until he placed his trust in Jesus. 

You did ask if we wanted a hint.  If you have something else in mind, I would very much like a hint, because I can't think of any scripture that leads me to believe I can choose which day I desire to keep it as the Sabbath.  Under the Old Testament, the Sabbath was clearly the seventh day, and it can never be anything but the seventh day which is Saturday. 

lol I don't understand the question either, I would say I have Sabbath everyday because my rest is in Jesus~~

You could have asked the next question Butero, we don't have to wait until the answer is checked,can we not check each other questions, I might not be able to check all the time and that way we can just keep asking questions.

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Angels,,,,,

lol,I don't think it's too important to wait for correction ,I believe anybody  can check the answer and move on to the nex, .otherwise we might be stuck in the game if we don't see the person asking the question returning to this board?

Ask a question girl (curious what you will be asking ) lol

Okay,,,here is my question.....

Somebody took somebody to a field,,,,,,he built 7 altars & offered a bull & a ram on each altar,,,,,,,,,who was that?

It would be great to get fast replies as I did in the beginning so as not to "google",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you just don't know who is at the computer or who is just logging on/logging off/reading another thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,easy to cheat                       Love,Kwik

In Regards to HAZARD'squestion ,I thought of this Scripture verse...........

Romans 14:5-6King James Version (KJV)

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

14 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Thank you angels 4u,

The New Testament does not command men to keep any particular Sabbath. What Scripture's, or even one will do, there are in fact "three,"  teaches us that we can choose which day if any that he wants to keep unto the Lord?

Well I don't know if this is one that tells us can choose but I found Colossians 3:14-17

"Having wiped out the handwriting  of requirements that was against us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the Cross.  

Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of triumphing over them in it.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink or regarding a festival, or a new moon or Sabbaths.

Which are a shadow of thing to come but the substance is of Christ."   Your up next angels!

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Okay,,,here is my question.....

Somebody took somebody to a field,,,,,,he built 7 altars & offered a bull & a ram on each altar,,,,,,,,,who was that?

It would be great to get fast replies as I did in the beginning so as not to "google",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you just don't know who is at the computer or who is just logging on/logging off/reading another thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,easy to cheat                       Love,Kwik

googling is allowed!  why not? Otherwise some people might never ba able to answer a question!

Kwik your questions was good,I did have to google it~~:(

(I just didn't read the story for awhile )

Amen to our mighty God!

Balaam's First Oracle
1Then Balaam said to Balak, "Build sevenaltars for me here, and prepare seven bullsand seven rams for me here." 2Balak did just as Balaam had spoken, and Balak and Balaam offered up a bull and a ram on each altar.…

Who said:

Who alone stretches out the heavens And tramples down the waves of the sea; ?