• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1968

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 2:51 AM, post said:

but i don't see how that has anything to do with half-lives. 

The speed of light does not only apply only to light, it applies to all forms of radiation. If all radiation were "moving" faster then it is natural to assume that the process of radioactive decay (unstable atom losing energy and assuming a lower energy state) would also "move" faster, since all of the subatomic movement is happening at a faster rate. Radioactive decay happens a few different ways but to the best of my knowledge, each way would be affected by accelerated movement of subatomic particles. The original article I posted mentions this but only briefly.

https://www.icr.org/article/200/ This article (see II, D) suggests that changes in speed of light are connected with the permittivity of free space. It is a different twist with regards to cause and effect because it suggests an outside cause rather than an internal "winding down" of radioactive energy (my first assumption when I read Barry Setterfield's analysis). I have not thought about whether this cause would have the same effect on half-lives but at first glance it seems that the net result would be the same - more subatomic movement/cycles would mean the unstable atom would release energy and reach its lower energy state more quickly.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

The great and terrible day of the Lord has not come to pass, so Malachi 4:5 is still future.

Malachi 4:5 is no different than acts says of Joel. the terrible day of the Lord and it events said to occur before, has nothing to do with it.

Guest shiloh357
54 minutes ago, Joline said:

Malachi 4:5 is no different than acts says of Joel. the terrible day of the Lord and it events said to occur before, has nothing to do with it.

Sorry, but that is just sloppy exegesis.  You can believe what you want;  I'll stick with what the Bible says and competent exegesis. 

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Sorry, but that is just sloppy exegesis.  You can believe what you want;  I'll stick with what the Bible says and competent exegesis. 

Acts is sloppy exegesis? Poor luke can't even get it right huh?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,690
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is to a humbled spirit where God teaches His Word thru s/Spirit... Love, Steven 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

It is to a humbled spirit where God teaches His Word thru s/Spirit... Love, Steven 

Amen

58 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Really, even the gospel writers cannot get it right with some???????????????????

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,690
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 minutes ago, Joline said:

Really, even the gospel writers cannot get it right with some???????????????????

That is heretical garbage... the Biblical authority is without error! Period....
Verbal plenary inspiration is what this site is all about! Or else I wouldn't
be here.   Love, Steven

8 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

That is heretical garbage... the Biblical authority is without error! Period....
Verbal plenary inspiration is what this site is all about! Or else I wouldn't
be here.   Love, Steven

I agree,, I was commenting on shilohs comments on exegesis.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:31 AM, post said:

i know you say this to honor God. but i don't believe it is something you can be dogmatic about. 

a "yom" is not always 24 hours in scripture. the same word or a variation of it is not even translated as "day" many times, because context makes it obvious that that's not what is meant. any dictionary, even Strong's concordance, will tell you that it may mean a day, it may mean a period of sunlight, it may mean a year, it may mean a completely indeterminate "age" or other length of time. 
there's not even a sun in the sky to mark the times for the first couple "yoms" in Genesis 1 -- how can it mean from sunrise to sunrise if there is no such thing as sunrise yet? 

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
(Genesis 2:17) 

24 hours here? of course not. 

And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD
(Genesis 4:3) 

here? probably at least a whole growing season, possible much longer, right? 

And the time that Solomon reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel was forty years.
(1 Kings 11:42) 

here "yom" obviously means 40 years

Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever
(Isaiah 30:8) 

here "yom" means "for ever and ever" -- how many hours is that? 

and this is recorded in Greek, but have a look - 

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
(John 8:56) 

does Jesus Himself use the word "day" to refer to a 24 hour period? or figuratively? 
this is written in Greek, but He most likely actually said it in Hebrew, and would have spoken the word "yom" here -- using it in a way that did not at all mean 24 hours! 

. . so a "day" is not always a 24 hour "day" -- even the Lord Christ does not always use this word that way. 
just like in this verse "father" does not mean the direct sire; so the 6,000 year figure calculated from genealogies could very well have hundreds of missing generations or more. 

Israel was given a weekly sabbath to mimic the order of creation. but for the same reason they were given a sabbath year. some people speak of a sabbath of centuries or millinea. in every case, it's a 7th part. so that's not a dogmatic reason to see the Genesis account as 24 hour "yoms" either. 

i say this to honor God too. 

because He is not a God who has made the universe in order to deceive us any more than He is a God who would author a lie to be written for us as a record of His creation. He doesn't write lies in His book and He doesn't write lies in His created cosmos.
but when God stepped down to live among men, He taught in parables - not plain speech - so that those to whom it was given to understand, would gain, and those to whom it was not, would lose even what little they had. to depend on Him, rather than our own understanding - to humble us before Him.
If He spoke figuratively when He walked among men, why is it hard to believe He spoke figuratively in Genesis? it's no less true; it just means the ultimate meaning is hidden behind symbols. the character of the first chapter is not like the literal history that follows: i'm not saying there was no man 'Adam' and no woman 'Eve' but that 'waters' might be more than H2O and 'day' may be more than 24 hours. 

i don't know how many hours He spent creating the universe. i wasn't there. i know how many "yoms" it took -- because that's what He told me, and i believe Him. 

Post ,I wonder ,do you have anything to say about Genesis 2 : 17 and what it means . Is this how Lucifer sinned I wonder ?