IGNORED

Who would have thought ? The apostle Peter was a back slider.

HAZARD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Jesus has conquered the grave.  no grave can hold you, if you be in Christ.

Mat 27:50  Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
Mat 27:51  And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Mat 27:52  And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53  And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Thank you Cletus. I do believe this is metaphorical language describing te power of the death/burial/resurrection. The Greek word for spirit is wind and breath. I think that Paul was referring to how we need our bodies in order for our spirit and soul to live.

I believe that being naked in the grave is referring to death. Rapture and resurrection is when we are finally clothed with immortality. The truth is so easy, if do our study. I speak in love.

Job 1:21 and said: “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.”

Ecc 5:15 Everyone comes naked from their mother's womb, and as everyone comes, so they depart. They take nothing from their toil that they can carry in their hands.

2Co 5:3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.

1 Cor 15:53-54 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

2 Cor 5:4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Butero said:

You are not understanding me.  They never died.  Enoch was taken to be with God while still alive and so was Elijah.  Where are they in your mind?  You say Hades is the grave?  Do you believe in hell as a place of eternal torment and judgement?  Do you believe that those thrown in the lake of fire are burned up or do they live on forever being judged?  

Hades is the grave where believers and non believers rest in death until resurrection day (the Bema and the Great White Throne). Hell on the other hand is another word for the lake of fire where final judgment occurs.

I agree with LuftWaffle... https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/215025-annihilationism-vs-traditionalism/

Enoch and Elijah are the rare item, the story without all the answers.

Always remember, where there is a contradiction there is no truth. One might ask themselves why Job, Solomon and Paul contradicts Enoch and Elijah's story. The contradiction especially would be with Paul. Did Paul lie when he said we are not clothed in immortality until rapture and first resurrection (1 Cor 15, 1 Thess 4).

The Bible is infallible, so whatever the reason God had for Enoch and Elijah He had it done specifically to them and not the rest of humanity. Maybe God wanted the OT saints to know there is indeed life after death, in order to increase their faith (a lesson in faith).

Gen 5:24 Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

Heb 11:5-6 By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.” For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. 6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

When the Bible is silent on certain matters, the next thing to look towards are contradictions. If you can't find the truth in contradictions then you pray about it, give it to the Father in prayer.