• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

It is true even if you disagree with it.  The truth is the truth and it doesn't need your approval to be true.   No one said that one MUST do those things, but facts are facts, and thankfully what you think about it doesn't really matter.

Alright...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, SIC said:

Well I dont quite agree with it. There are may heroes of our faith who did not go down that route and still lived an exemplary life in Christ

Hi Sic,

I do agree with Shiloh very much and he knows what he is talking about as I learned much from him over the years, as A Christian it's wonderful to learn more about the Jewish roots ~~~

The Bible is amazing ~~~~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, SIC said:

Could you explain why exactly that distinction is very important? I am told that the majority who attend Messianic Jewish congregations aren't Jewish. So I am unable to understand why exactly that distinction is very important?

The reason it is called Messianic Jewish is for sharing the gospel. The name is using Jewish terminology from the Jewish culture. Messianic is Jewish terminology which means the same thing as Christian since both Messiah and Christ mean 'anointed one'. Messiah comes from Hebrew. The Apostles knew Hebrew and Greek. For the non-Hebrew speakers, they translated into Greek. So they translated Messiah (Moshiach) into Greek as Christ (Christos). It is the same word, in two different languages. Of course, to reach out to the Jewish community, the Hebrew would be used as the Jewish people do not know Greek. In Judaism, they teach about the Messiah from the OT prophesies. Of course the OT was written in Hebrew. 

There are more Gentiles then Jews who attend Messianic Jewish congregations. In this world, there are a lot more Gentiles then Jews. But, Messianic Jewish is a outreach to the Jewish community to share the gospel. It was developed in the late 1800's by Jewish believers. Gentiles who wanted to see Jewish people accept Jesus joined in. And the Gentile believers are welcomed, but the primary purpose has not changed as an outreach to the Jewish community, so to reach the Jewish community, Jewish terminology is used which will be based on Hebrew. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Christ = Messiah

But these things are also written that you may believe that Yeshua is The Messiah, the Son of God, and when you believe, you shall have eternal life in his name. John 20:31 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Messiah = Christ

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31 (King James Version)

:emot-heartbeat:

Yeshua = Jesus

Yeshua said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me. John 14:6 (Hebrew Names Version)

Jesus = Yeshua

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 (King James Version)

~

A Messianic Jew Is A Follower Of Yeshua

Yeshua said to her, "I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Resurrection and The Life; whoever trusts in me, even if he dies, he shall live." "And everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

A Christian Gentle Is A Follower Of Jesus

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26 (King James Version)

~

Except For The Use Of Hebrew Words (Jews) And Greek Words (Gentles),

Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. John 1:48-49 (King James Version)

Jesus Is Still KING

Natan'el said to him, "How do you know me?" Yeshua answered him, "Before Pilipos called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you." Natan'el answered him, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God! You are King of Yisra'el!" John 1:48-49 (Hebrew Names Version)

As I See It

All of your words are truth. Every one of your righteous ordinances endures forever. Psalms 119:160 (Hebrew Names Version)

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:17 AM, SIC said:
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:17 AM, SIC said:

Well I dont quite agree with it. There are may heroes of our faith who did not go down that route and still lived an exemplary life in Christ

Yes SIC. The book of Hebrews speaks of this. Abraham himself is looking for a kingdom that is not of this world and this life..................It is not earthly worldly Israel we are graffed into. however, Messianic Judaism clarifies the kingdom by the things given to the earthly worldly kingdom. Which kingdom was for a shadow not the reality.

Christ's kingdom is not of this world or this life.

It has always been after DEATH of our mortal bodies..........

13  These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14  For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15  And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16  But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

39  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

But look at Kinzer

In speaking of the 5 sacraments........(which these here call culture)

By God’s gracious decision and action, each of the five bears an intrinsic holiness that sets it apart from other members of its earthly class (i.e., peoples, times, places, words, deeds)

• Group:  Diamond Member

9 minutes ago, Joline said:

Yes SIC. The book of Hebrews speaks of this. Abraham himself is looking for a kingdom that is not of this world and this life..................It is not earthly worldly Israel we are graffed into. however, Messianic Judaism clarifies the kingdom by the things given to the earthly worldly kingdom. Which kingdom was for a shadow not the reality.

Christ's kingdom is not of this world or this life.

It has always been after DEATH of our mortal bodies..........

13  These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14  For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15  And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16  But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

39  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

But look at Kinzer

In speaking of the 5 sacraments........(which these here call culture)

By God’s gracious decision and action, each of the five bears an intrinsic holiness that sets it apart from other members of its earthly class (i.e., peoples, times, places, words, deeds)

So you are saying  God intends to graft us into Israel post the 2nd coming but Messianics intend to do it before the 2nd coming. is that right?

Just now, SIC said:

So you are saying  God intends to graft us into Israel post the 2nd coming but Messianics intend to do it before the 2nd coming. is that right?

I am saying we are not graffed into an earthly worldly kingdom period. His kingdom is from heaven.

We already have our citizenship in it through Christ.

19  Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20  For our conversation #4175 is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Here is the definition of the term conversation in verse 20

4175 πολιτευμα politeuma pol-it’-yoo-mah

from 4176; TDNT-6:516,906; n n

AV-conversation 1; 1

1) the administration of civil affairs or of a commonwealth
2) the constitution of a commonwealth, form of government and the laws by which it is administered
3) a state, commonwealth
3a) the commonwealth of citizens

Some translations say
"our citizenship"

We are not  graffed into the earthly worldly kingdom of priests,
Rather an heavenly one.

• Group:  Diamond Member

4 minutes ago, Joline said:

I am saying we are not graffed into an earthly worldly kingdom period. His kingdom is from heaven.

We already have our citizenship in it through Christ.

19  Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20  For our conversation #4175 is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Here is the definition of the term conversation in verse 20

4175 πολιτευμα politeuma pol-it’-yoo-mah

from 4176; TDNT-6:516,906; n n

AV-conversation 1; 1

1) the administration of civil affairs or of a commonwealth
2) the constitution of a commonwealth, form of government and the laws by which it is administered
3) a state, commonwealth
3a) the commonwealth of citizens

Some translations say
"our citizenship"

We are not  graffed into the earthly worldly kingdom of priests,
Rather an heavenly one.

Ok. thank you :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/31/2016 at 3:03 PM, shiloh357 said:

So what are you saying?  In clear terms?   Stop blaming everyone simply because you can't talk.  Conversation is a two-way street.  You have the responsibility to make yourself clear, not blame everyone else for not completely understanding you.  A mature person can accept that.

I think we need to rein it in a little bit.  Being insulting to one another is not going to help clear anything up.  Can't we just say that these people are believers in Jesus who just happen to be Jewish?