IGNORED

Someone said, The Bible says that God has no form, no image.

HAZARD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Maybe I am all wet here, however I do believe we can know him through the Holy Spirit.

John 17:2-4
He may give eternal life. 3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent. 4
NASB

As we progress throughout life it is my thinking that we get to know and understand the entire Godhead as we go.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

As we progress throughout life it is my thinking that we get to know and understand the entire Godhead as we go.        posted by other one

I agree,,,,,,,,,,,,as we go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D                            Praise Jesus!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/7/2016 at 8:48 PM, other one said:

Maybe I am all wet here, however I do believe we can know him through the Holy Spirit.

John 17:2-4
He may give eternal life. 3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent. 4
NASB

As we progress throughout life it is my thinking that we get to know and understand the entire Godhead as we go.

Well even the wicked understood the Godhead, so why not believers? Romans 1:20, 21.

The understanding of God is about purity in relating, or honesty and genuine love, as this chapter shows, mentioning things like ordinary affection going way off the rails.

Kind and thoughtful affection is one of the most basic attentions of God, and the wicked despise this gift and become cold and lifeless - into image rather than respect and friendship...

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

As was said, I believe somewhere in this thread.  God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

As was said, I believe somewhere in this thread.  God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit.

"AND IN THRUTH," . . . John 4:24, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." No good telling lies about Him? :thumbsup:

On 6/13/2016 at 10:15 AM, RustyAngeL said:

I assume that your concept of "spirit" is like Casper the ghost, or something like that. 

In common thinking, including the disciples, this is about as far as it goes, but someone once said to me, that they believed that God is more physical than the universe.

It hit me. Today we hear from science that the universe is probably just a hologram compared to the physical substances in the universe which our material fails to have an obvious interaction with.

That is a reverse of what is commonly thought, so here God is real and we are the Caspers.

It is interesting that the Bible says we are in His image, and not the other way around. He is the real, we are the holograms - the image.

You can put your hand through an image made of light. Imagine if an image of yourself said that it can't see you, so that you must be a ghost? You'd probably laugh and switch the thing off.

We are made of mainly space. Our atoms are mostly a field of invisible energy.

God says that man is like the grass, it comes up in the morning and withers in the afternoon. He says that the earth is less than nothing. That's pretty insignificant.

Did you know that God can switch the universe off? Here today - gone tomorrow.

The term spirit in the Bible is used to describe what we can know of the unknown - that is, characteristics but not the substance. And so spirit is used to define mind, mindset, breath, demeanor, etc but it is not used in the sense to define the physical, as so many Christians think, and as the disciples thought, when they saw Jesus walking on the water at night, and thought they saw "a spirit" or ghost.

On another occasion, when Jesus explained to the disciples that they had not seen a ghost, He said, "doth a spirit have flesh and bones" He was referring to their concept of "spirit," it did not mean that He believed in such nonsense.

Again, Jesus used the illustration of the people's concept about hell, and told a story about Lazarus and the nasty master. He did not believe in such nonsense, but used their pagan ideas to bring home the lesson of accountability and compassion. but the ignorant man will grab this parable and turn it into a foundational doctrine which contradicts the rest of scripture.

58 minutes ago, Kan said:

I assume that your concept of "spirit" is like Casper the ghost, or something like that. 

In common thinking, including the disciples, this is about as far as it goes, but someone once said to me, that they believed that God is more physical than the universe.

It hit me. Today we hear from science that the universe is probably just a hologram compared to the physical substances in the universe which our material fails to have an obvious interaction with.

That is a reverse of what is commonly thought, so here God is real and we are the Caspers.

It is interesting that the Bible says we are in His image, and not the other way around. He is the real, we are the holograms - the image.

You can put your hand through an image made of light. Imagine if an image of yourself said that it can't see you, so that you must be a ghost? You'd probably laugh and switch the thing off.

We are made of mainly space. Our atoms are mostly a field of invisible energy.

God says that man is like the grass, it comes up in the morning and withers in the afternoon. He says that the earth is less than nothing. That's pretty insignificant.

Did you know that God can switch the universe off? Here today - gone tomorrow.

The term spirit in the Bible is used to describe what we can know of the unknown - that is, characteristics but not the substance. And so spirit is used to define mind, mindset, breath, demeanor, etc but it is not used in the sense to define the physical, as so many Christians think, and as the disciples thought, when they saw Jesus walking on the water at night, and thought they saw "a spirit" or ghost.

On another occasion, when Jesus explained to the disciples that they had not seen a ghost, He said, "doth a spirit have flesh and bones" He was referring to their concept of "spirit," it did not mean that He believed in such nonsense.

Again, Jesus used the illustration of the people's concept about hell, and told a story about Lazarus and the nasty master. He did not believe in such nonsense, but used their pagan ideas to bring home the lesson of accountability and compassion. but the ignorant man will grab this parable and turn it into a foundational doctrine which contradicts the rest of scripture.

Well said Kan.

The Word, John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." A Spirit being who had a spirit body as the Father has, divested Himself of His spirit body so He could die, something He could not do with a spirit body for spirit is an eternal substance and cannot die.

Now Jesus Christ, John 1: 14, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. has a flesh and bone body, andsince His death and resurrection,  He now sits on a throne at His Father right hand in Heaven,  Jesus Himself said it;

Luke 22:69, "Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God."

And,

Mark 16:19, So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Acts 2:32, This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

V, 33, Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

He now has a glorified flesh and bone body,

The Father still has His Spirit body, the only difference between His Spirit body, which He retained, and a flesh and bone body is substance. Jesus, now glorified, can pass through walls, appear visible and invisible and do all things He could do before He became man.

And throughout eternity Jesus will carry the scares as taught in Zechariah 13:6;

"And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends."

12 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Well said Kan.

The Word, John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." A Spirit being who had a spirit body as the Father has, divested Himself of His spirit body so He could die, something He could not do with a spirit body for spirit is an eternal substance and cannot die.

Now Jesus Christ, John 1: 14, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. has a flesh and bone body, andsince His death and resurrection,  He now sits on a throne at His Father right hand in Heaven,  Jesus Himself said it;

Luke 22:69, "Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God."

And,

Mark 16:19, So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Acts 2:32, This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

V, 33, Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

He now has a glorified flesh and bone body,

The Father still has His Spirit body, the only difference between His Spirit body, which He retained, and a flesh and bone body is substance. Jesus, now glorified, can pass through walls, appear visible and invisible and do all things He could do before He became man.

And throughout eternity Jesus will carry the scares as taught in Zechariah 13:6;

"And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends."

I am reluctant to use the word spirit because of its perverted Disney meaning.

37 minutes ago, Kan said:

I am reluctant to use the word spirit because of its perverted Disney meaning.

The word Spirit is mentioned 505 times in the Bible :D, I can poste every Scripture if you like and see for yourself.

11 hours ago, HAZARD said:

The word Spirit is mentioned 505 times in the Bible :D, I can poste every Scripture if you like and see for yourself.

No thanks, I am familiar with it, and I don't mind what it means, it's just that the word outside of the Bible, has been spiritualized away by false doctrines in religion.