IGNORED

Someone said, The Bible says that God has no form, no image.

HAZARD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Jer 23:23  "Am I a God near at hand," says the LORD, "And not a God afar off?

Jer 23:24  Can anyone hide himself in secret places, So I shall not see him?" says the LORD; "Do I not fill heaven and earth?" says the LORD.

God is omnipresent--everywhere at once.  He cannot do that if He is confined to a body.  That is why Jesus said that it is better that He go away and send back the Holy Spirit Who can be with each one of us and dwell in us.  Jesus can't do that physically but can dwell in us by His Holy Spirit.  

Remember the the the Father is in Jesus and Jesus is in the Father, and Jesus is in the Holy Spirit--they are a part of each other and yet separate Beings.  One God. ,

Green's LITV. 1 TIM 6: 14v-16  until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 who in His own time will reveal the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 the only One having immortality, living in light that cannot be approached, whom no one of men saw, nor can see; to whom be honor and everlasting might. Amen.  

John 1:18  No-one has seen God at any time.  

Exo 33:20  But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live."

1Jn 1:5  This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

God the Father is incomprehensible to mankind.  That is why He sent Jesus to demonstrate the Father to us.  All He said and did was of His Father.  

To me it is demeaning to reduce our Father God to the form of humanity.  He is present everywhere, all knowing, all powerful designer of the universe.  He is light.

I know that this runs contrary to the opinions of the OP and other posters here, but it is Scripture.  Please don't reply with another page of scripture and arguments.  I have read them all but don't agree.  

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Interesting, but he had to go to Sodom and Gomorrah to see for himself what they were doing....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

There are plenty of scriptures, as found by the readers which show that God is invisible, and yet He has the form of a man. Both are true, as well as His presence and omnipresence. 

For now, we cannot see God, but one day the saints will see Him. You may hold God's hand, and touch His face, and you are actually touching God and not an image or illusion of Him. How that can be, is not for us to worry about.

The relationship that God has with us now, is closer and more real than our partners. He knows us very well, and has the dearest intentions and thoughts for us.

Jesus prayed that we might know Him as intimately as He knows us, fully accepting and believing His love for us. We are able to connect more closely to God while on earth. Enoch walked with God, unlike the rest of the world at the time. Everyone has that opportunity today, but generally don't take it. Many Christians are not told how to, by the false ministers. Others walk with God in their imagination and in their claims, but not in reality. 

Does God give us any contact that we may feel? Generally not, because it is unfair, where He can touch us while we can't respond or know where it was coming from. He has reserved that time for when we see Him, and can approach Him and relate naturally. It is worth the wait.

12 hours ago, Kan said:

There are plenty of scriptures, as found by the readers which show that God is invisible, and yet He has the form of a man. Both are true, as well as His presence and omnipresence.

When you say that God is invisible, do you mean the Father, Jesus or the Spirit.

The Father is invisible to us because we can't get to where he is. Our bodies are incapable of going there.  Humans have seen Jesus's body when he was in the form of god in the days of Abraham and Moses, and when he was in flesh and blood form, and even after his resurrection.

But I say that if we are made in our image as Genesis says that he would have a body shaped similar to ours, but who knows what it is made of and how it would work.....   it's the mid of the Father that really is my great wonder.....    exactly how he knows the things he knows......    but then again, I'm not sure we even seriously understand how our own minds work, much less his....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, other one said:

When you say that God is invisible, do you mean the Father, Jesus or the Spirit.

The Father is invisible to us because we can't get to where he is. Our bodies are incapable of going there.  Humans have seen Jesus's body when he was in the form of god in the days of Abraham and Moses, and when he was in flesh and blood form, and even after his resurrection.

But I say that if we are made in our image as Genesis says that he would have a body shaped similar to ours, but who knows what it is made of and how it would work.....   it's the mid of the Father that really is my great wonder.....    exactly how he knows the things he knows......    but then again, I'm not sure we even seriously understand how our own minds work, much less his....

I agree, all three are invisible, God has hidden Himself from our view, because we are not ready to see Him. But ofcourse we can see Jesus without any danger, He is God made flesh. Nothing of God in the physical sense can fit into our comprehension and thinking. We cannot know God any more than a clock can understand its maker, and it never will. To preserve our sanity, we are forbidden to attempt to think about the physical nature of God. To respect the name of God we focus on the character of God, which we are invited to know, and know more of throughout eternity.

Nevertheless, before Jesus became a man, He as God talked with Adam and Eve face to face. Our parents came up to His chest in height, and Adam was about 7 or 8 cubits tall, or about 4 meters. The angels are slightly taller than the original man. While God is not confined to our plane of existence, we meet in those proportions, and there is nothing pretentious or false about it on God's behalf, but it is "God with us," as fully as God may be to creation.

The meeting of God in Christ is another step down, where God is able to be with sinners who cannot see His face and live. When Jesus became flesh, it was and is truly God in the flesh. All of these condescentions on our behalf, I accept by faith, I know it is true, but my mind has never been able to grasp it in the slightest degree.

Meeting God may be my heart's longing and desire at times, but I cannot see myself surviving it, I am happy in a sense that He has hidden Himself. "The great and dreadful God" as Daniel names Him, full of pure and honest love, the thought of meeting Him is not something I entertain. I think it is a real priviledge to be able to communicate with Him while on earth, far away as it seems, the Spirit giving us His gentle protection and discipline. 

from my point of view, our physical bodies can not go where the Father is....   call it the spiritual realm or higher dimensions or whatever.....  but when we get our resurrected bodies, we will have access to the same places that Jesus has access to and he says he went to the Father, and I think we will also.

And don't forget that we are told that we can approach the throne boldly.....    on a knee, but go there boldly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎4‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:28 AM, Willa said:

Jer 23:23  "Am I a God near at hand," says the LORD, "And not a God afar off?

Jer 23:24  Can anyone hide himself in secret places, So I shall not see him?" says the LORD; "Do I not fill heaven and earth?" says the LORD.

God is omnipresent--everywhere at once.  He cannot do that if He is confined to a body.  That is why Jesus said that it is better that He go away and send back the Holy Spirit Who can be with each one of us and dwell in us.  Jesus can't do that physically but can dwell in us by His Holy Spirit.  

Remember the the the Father is in Jesus and Jesus is in the Father, and Jesus is in the Holy Spirit--they are a part of each other and yet separate Beings.  One God. ,

Green's LITV. 1 TIM 6: 14v-16  until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 who in His own time will reveal the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 the only One having immortality, living in light that cannot be approached, whom no one of men saw, nor can see; to whom be honor and everlasting might. Amen.  

John 1:18  No-one has seen God at any time.  

Exo 33:20  But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live."

1Jn 1:5  This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

God the Father is incomprehensible to mankind.  That is why He sent Jesus to demonstrate the Father to us.  All He said and did was of His Father.  

To me it is demeaning to reduce our Father God to the form of humanity.  He is present everywhere, all knowing, all powerful designer of the universe.  He is light.

I know that this runs contrary to the opinions of the OP and other posters here, but it is Scripture.  Please don't reply with another page of scripture and arguments.  I have read them all but don't agree.  

Rom 1:20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Col 2:9, For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead BODILY.

What does this Scripture teach?

1 John 5:8, And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1. The Holy Spirit descending upon Jesus at His water baptism. Jesus standing in the water, the Holy Spirit, a separate and distinct being descending upon Jesus in the form of a dove. (Matt.3:13-17).

2. Water baptism symbolizing His own death, burial, and resurrection (Matt. 3:13-17). Water of the Word bearing witness to the incarnation (Isa. 7:14; 9:6-7; Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:34-35). Water and blood at the crucifiction testifying of His humanity (John 19:34).

3. The blood testifying not only the humanity and sonship of Jesus Christ, but guaranteeing redemption from sin (Matt. 26:28; Acts 20:28; Eph. 1:14; Col. 1:20-22; Heb. 9:14-26; 10:1-23; 1 John 1:7).

What is meant by the Godhead is that there are three separate and distinct persons in the Godhead, each one having His own personal spirit body, personal soul, and personal spirit in the same sense each human being, angel, or other beings has his own body, soul, and spirit. We mean by body, whether a spirit body or a flesh and bone body, the house for the indwelling of the personal soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows.

The doctrine of the Godhead can be seen being understood by the visible things that are made, even to His eternal power and Godhead (Romans 1:20).

What on this earth was created in the image and likeness of God?

Man, (Gen. 1:26-28). Do God's image and likeness consist only of moral and spiritual powers? If so, it can be concluded  that man is only a moral and spiritual being.

Is God bodiless? If so we can conclude that man is also bodiless.

Is God only one being made up of several persons or beings in the one being? If so, we can conclude that man is one person or being made up of many.

Does God need a flesh and bone body in order to have any kind of body?

No! there are such things as spirit and heavenly bodies, see 1 Cor. 15:35-38. From these passages we learn that all things in creation, grain, fish, birds, beasts, man, angels, and even planets have bodies, sizes, shapes, and forms.

The Bible declares that God has a body, shape, image, likeness, bodily parts, a personal soul and spirit, andall other things  that constitute a being or a person with a body, soul, and a spirit.

Angels, cherubim, seraphim, and all other spirit beings have spirit bodies and personal souls and spirits. They have been see with the natural eyes of men (Eg. Heb. 13:2), over 100 times in Scripture. If all other spirit beings have spirit bodies, could not members of the Godhead also have spirit bodies?

The 284 passages on Spirits in Scripture prove that spirit bodies are just a real and capable of operation in the natural worlds  as are flesh and bone beings. There is no such thing as a world of creations made up of invisible substance. The so called spirit world must be understood simply as spirit beings inhabiting material worlds created by God. Heaven itself is a material creation, created by God, (Gen. 1;1; Heb. 11:10-16)., having cities, mansions, furniture, inhabitants, living conditions etc.

God has bee seen bodily by human eyes many times, (Gen. 18:1-33; 19:24; 32:24-30; Ex. 24:11; 33:11-33; Josh. 5:13-15; Judges 6:11-23; 13:3-25; Chr. 21:16-17; Job. 42:5; Isa. 6: Ez. 1:26-28; 10:1, 20; 40:3;  Dan. 7:9-14; 10:5-10; Acts 7:56-59; Rev. 4:2-5; 5:1, 5-7, 14:6:16; 7:9-17; 19:4; 21:3-5; 22:4).

In over 20,000 references about God in Scripture we get to know all we need to know about the subject. If we will take the Bible literally as to what I says abput Him, aw we do with other things the subject will bw very clear; but if we make God a mystery, ignore the plain statements  of Scripture about Him, and refuse to believe the many descriptions of God given by those who have seen one, two, and three separate persons called "God," then we will remain in ignorance.

It is true, there are a few figurative statements about God in Scripture, as there are about man and other things, but shall we do away with the reality of man because of these few figures of speech?

Let us make man mere salt and lights (Matt. 5:13-14,  "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. V. 14, Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."), if we are going to do away with God because of a few figures of speech.

The word "ONE" means one in unity as well as one in number. It means "Unity" in John 5:7, as it does in John 17:11; 21-23, and yet these three persons, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, are spoken of as one each in number and individuality in Scripture. There is One God the Father, One Lord Jesus Christ, and One Holy Ghost (1 Cor. 8:6; Eph. 4:3-6). Thus there are three separate persons in divine individuality and divine plurality. The Father is called God (1 Cor. 8:6), the Son is called God (Isa. 9:6-7; Heb. 1:8; John 1:1-2; 20:28), and the Holy Spirit is called God (Acts 5:3-4). As individual persons each can be called God and collectively they can be spoken of as one God because of their perfect unity. The word God is used either as a singular or plural word, like SHEEP>

Everything that could be spoken of God collectively applies equally to each member of the Godhead as an individual but there are some things that are said of each person of the Deity as to position, office, and work that could be spoken as of the other members of the Godhead. The Father is the head of Christ (1 Cor. 11:3); the Son is the only begotten of the Father (2 John 3), and the Holy Ghost proceeds from both the Father and the Son (John 14:16, 26; 15:26; 16:7-15; Acts 2:34).

God is not everywhere at once. No where is Scripture does it say He is everywhere at the same time?

God does not personally take care of every detail of His vast business in all the kingdoms throughout the universe. His angels help Him and they are found in every part of the universe on missions for God. Certain angels are responsible to God for carrying out His will in almost infinite detail concerning the billions of suns, moons, planets and all free moral agents on them. God does not personally do everything that is done in all acts and events, nor has He known, elected, chosen, or predestinated all acts and events from all eternity past. Several times God, Himself said of certain events that they did not come into His mind (Jer. 19:5; 32:35; 44:21)

God sends messengers throughout the whole of His vast creations to find out for Him what He wants to know, the same as any head of any other business  would be likely to do, so that plans may be made and actions taken accordingly. Examples of such agency constantly reporting to God can be found in (Gen. 18:21-22; Dan. 10:13-21; 11:1; 12;1; Zech. 1:7-11; 6:1-8; Matt. 18:10-11; Heb. 1:14; 2:2; Rev. 1:1; 7:13; 8:2-13; 9:1; 14:6-20; 15:1-8; 16:1-21; 18:21; 22:6. 8-9, 16).

God is not a universal nothingness floating around in nowhere.  He is not impersonal, immaterial, intangible, an unreal being. God is not a universal mind as some suggest, soul, spirit, conscience. goodness, principle, an abstract power or force filling the whole of space and solid matter, as false cults teach. God is not Omni-body; that is, His body is not everywhere at all places at the same time. He is just as visible, tangible, and material as the bodies of all other spirit beings. Even resurrected bodies of flesh and bone saints are called "spiritual" (1 Cor. 15:44), so spiritual bodies are of materialised, spiritualized substance, something we know nothing about, as far as experience is concerned, at the present time. Further more, the soul and spirit or the inner man is just as spiritual as God and His angels. The inner man out of His body, which is the outer man, is a spiritual body itself and has been seen with bodily parts corresponding with those of the outer man. The inner man or spiritual part of one person, after leaving the physical body, has been seen by another such spiritual part, as being fully conscious, capable of wearing cloths, and being carried by other spirits beings into material places of either rest and comfort or torments (Luke 16:19-31; Eph. 4:8; Heb. 12:22-23; Rev. 6:9-11).

Each member of the Godhead has His own personal spirit body, His own soul with all the soul feelings of other beings, His own personal spirit with all the spirit attributes and powers that other spirits of persons have. This is proved by the bodily presence of God to men.  Angels and all other kinds of spirits have also been seen with the natural eyes of men. The only difference between men and spirits is that men have earthly, "flesh and bone" bodies whereas spirit being have spirit bodies which are not mortal and fleshy like the bodies of men.

Spirit beings, including God Himself, cannot be omnipresent in body, for their bodies are of ordinary size and must be at one place at a time, in the same way that bodies of men are always localized, being in one place at a time. God, angels, and other spirit beings go from place to place bodily as men do; but their presence can be any place in the universe, wherever there are other persons who also have the sense of presence enough to feel the presence of others regardless of bodily distance between them. Christ is a true example of what we mean by omnipresence. He said, "Where two or three are gathered  together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" (Matt. 18:20).

In what sense is He in the midst of so many daily gatherings world wide? This could not mean that He is bodily present, for His body is in Heaven seated at the right hand of God as Scriptures declare (Psa. 110:1, 5; mark 16:19; Col. 3;1; Heb. 1;3: etc.)

God personally dwells in Heaven, not everywhere. Jesus addressed His Father and referred to Him as being in Heaven, EIGHTEEN TIMES Jesus said, Father which is in Heaven" (Matt. 5:16, 45, 48; 6:1-9; 7:11, 21, etc.). Shall we conclude that Jesus did not know what He was talking about? Not one time does one Scripture refer to God as being bodily everywhere. God is Omni-present but not Omni-body, that is He presence can be felt by moral agents who are everywhere, but His body cannot be seen by them everyplace at the same time. God has a body and goes from place to place like anybody else.

Presence is governed by relationship, not by bodily sight. When the body of anyone is not literally present, one cannot say that it is present. The presence of two persons may be felt though thousands of miles may separate them bodily. I such a case presence consists of union, relationship, memory, acquaintance, and association to the same end in life. The closer tow persons are to each other in any relationship, the more they feel each others presence in the thought life. So it is with God. God dwells in Heaven and persons on Earth that know Him and are in union with Him is spirit can feel His presence in their lives regardless of where they are on the Earth. This is what is meant by statements men use to prove that God personally fills the whole of space and matter. In Ps. 139:7 the paslmist said ,"whither shall I go from the spirit? Or whither shall I fell from they presence?" God said to Jeremiah, "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" (Jer. 23:23-24). Paul said, "In Him we live, and move, and have our being" (Acts 17:27-28).

We must understand all like passages, as teaching the omnipresence of God, but not omnibody of God. While I write I feel the presence of my wife and children who are many mile away at this time. They are alwaysin my thoughts, my plans, my life, and all that I do. I do nothing without them, yet they are far away. I am designing a new home for them to move into. I plan for them. I see them in their new home. I experience the thrill of having them with me. They are here with me in spirit and presence, planning with me, and we are working together to the same end in life. This presence is constant, though distance separates bodily at times. I don't feel the presence of other families I have never met and to which there is no union what so ever.

Man has the same faculty that God has to make his presence felt by others, only it is on a finite scale. God's attributes of presence is infinite, but it works literally on the same principle as that of man. It is governed by relationship and knowledge as well as bodily sight. men who do not know God seldom if ever feel His presence. Men can worship God at any time and place and their union with God in spirit will make the presence of God real. The greater the knowledge of God and the consecration to Him, the greater His presence is felt. In this sense Jesus Himself, who has a flesh and bone body and who is local in body - one place at a time, is with all men everywhere even to the end of the age (Matt. 28:19-20). In this same sense Paul was with the Corinthians in spirit when they delivered the fornicator to Satan for the destruction of the flesh (1 Cor. 5:1-8). In this sense Paul and other believers dwelled in each other regardless of bodily distance from each other (2 Cor. 7:3; Phil. 1:7). We know that the personal bodyof Christ, or those of believers, arenot omnipresent when they are in the lives of others in spirit presence, so the same thing is true of the Father and the Holy Spirit.

"God is omnipresent--everywhere at once.  He cannot do that if He is confined to a body.  That is why Jesus said that it is better that He go away and send back the Holy Spirit Who can be with each one of us and dwell in us.  Jesus can't do that physically but can dwell in us by His Holy Spirit."

No God is not. God is in Heaven sitting on His throne, with Jesus sitting beside Him.

What was Jesus saying and asking the Father when He prayed to the Father this prayer? Was He asking the father to jam all Jesus's disciples into one body as you seem to believe Jesus and the Father are?

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, AS WE ARE" (John 17:11).

And, "That they MAY BE ONE; as thou, Father art IN ME, and I IN THEE, that they MAY BE ONE IN US: that the world may believe that thou has sent me" (John 17:21).

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, even AS WE ARE ONE: I in them, and thou IN ME, that they may be made perfect IN ONE; and that the world may know etc., (John 17:22-23). "And I have declared unto them thy name, and I will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, AND I IN THEM" (John 17:26).

Jesus prayed to the Father to keep His disciples and all His followers "one in unity" as He and the Father were. He never asked the Father to allow all the followers and disciples all to get inside one of them and form "one body" as fundamental Christianity wrongly teaches Jesus and the Father are.

The Word became flesh so He could die for us. As God He could not die as a man He could. The father remained in Heaven the whole time Jesus was on the Earth. It was the Father in Heaven who raised Jesus from the dead. Both the Father and Jesus, 2 beings, sent the Holy Spirit another being to the Earth when Jesus went to Heaven. That's three separate divine being who are nothing more than "one" I unity. They are not omnibody?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/3/2016 at 10:01 PM, Kan said:

Amen.  That this should even be disputed indicates that some are unwilling to accept the fact that ultimately God is beyond human reasoning.  But the things of the Spirit are only understood by the spirit and taught by the Spirit.

Someone posted this on these boards. Has anyone found any Scripture regarding my Op question at all?

"I would like for someone to show me where God the Father says, anywhere in Scripture, "I AM WITHOUT FORM,"  OR "I AM WITHOUT IMAGE." . . . . . . . In other words, disregarding all Scripture which teach otherwise, I am a spiritual incomprehnsible invisible, mysterious, being without a head, brain, a mind, arms, legs, heart, mouth tongue, ears, eyes, fingers, loins, cannot and donot go from place to place, as I am everywhere at the same time, and I do not eat food, ride horses, ride in chariots, appear visible and invisible, and in every one of the hundreds of Scriptures where it is mentioned that I do in fact have a body with bodily parts, and do all the things I say I do. We must just ignore all of them for they are nothing more than symbols, because I have no form or image, I am just a spiritual puff of nothingness? like a mist or a fog, floating around in nothingness, and I only say the things mentioned in all the hundreds of Scriptures clearly and fully describing me in the hope you can understand who and what I am, and what I can do and cannot do, . . . . . . . . . . . .