• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, bopeep1909 said:

I agree that the mother should have had better control of the boy. Maybe the mothers negligence should be investigated.

I thought it would have been better to tranquilize the Gorilla but the Zoo authorities said it would have taken 5 to 10 minutes for it to take affect. By that time the boy could have been dead.

The crowd were screaming. They are wondering if that scared the gorilla.

Im sure the screaming didnt help.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

you know, as much as everyone wants to play arm chair judge, let us remember that we are all human, and we all make mistakes. Did that mother make a mistake? and not pay as close attention that she should have? absolutly. She made a mistake. But so did the zoo, the zoo assumed that since no one had been able to climb that enclosure in 36 years, that no one could. They made the mistake of complacency. There was mistakes on both ends, that led to a tragic accident. The mother is going to have to live with not only the guilt of letting her child be put in harms way for her entire life-but also the scorn and humiliation of a nation of would be high rollers on their desk chairs of righteousness, all judging her, for the rest of her life. I say right now the best thing that can be done is ban the family from the zoo, and improve the enclosure, which the zoo is indeed doing. Common sense says learn from the mistakes so they dont happen again. Throwing around blame, and going after people at this point wont fix anything. That mother knows what she did wrong-and is going to have to suffer for it. Im not one to add to it.

Oh, please. Next you will be lamenting the fact that a parent is arrested for leaving their kid in their car "just for a couple of minutes while I ran into the store" with the engine running, key in the ignition, and someone steals the car with the kid in it. After all, it is the car thief's fault because he stole the car.

53 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

Oh, please. Next you will be lamenting the fact that a parent is arrested for leaving their kid in their car "just for a couple of minutes while I ran into the store" with the engine running, key in the ignition, and someone steals the car with the kid in it. After all, it is the car thief's fault because he stole the car.

that isnt what I said, and you know it. I had this discussion on facebook, If you cant take the time to actually bother to read through and understand the post I make, then don't bother replying.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

you know, as much as everyone wants to play arm chair judge, let us remember that we are all human, and we all make mistakes. Did that mother make a mistake? and not pay as close attention that she should have? absolutly. She made a mistake. But so did the zoo, the zoo assumed that since no one had been able to climb that enclosure in 36 years, that no one could. They made the mistake of complacency. There was mistakes on both ends, that led to a tragic accident. The mother is going to have to live with not only the guilt of letting her child be put in harms way for her entire life-but also the scorn and humiliation of a nation of would be high rollers on their desk chairs of righteousness, all judging her, for the rest of her life. I say right now the best thing that can be done is ban the family from the zoo, and improve the enclosure, which the zoo is indeed doing. Common sense says learn from the mistakes so they dont happen again. Throwing around blame, and going after people at this point wont fix anything. That mother knows what she did wrong-and is going to have to suffer for it. Im not one to add to it.

amen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

This was a tragedy; the poor gorilla died because of the mistakes made by humans.  That being said, while I hate that the animal was killed, human lives take precedence over an animal.  I would hope the zoo makes it impossible for ANYONE to slip through the enclosure now.  This has happened before in other places.  As the mother of three children I can attest that the little ones can slip away and into mischief faster than a mom can think. 

21 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

that isnt what I said, and you know it. I had this discussion on facebook, If you cant take the time to actually bother to read through and understand the post I make, then don't bother replying.

I read it. You clearly are trying to spread the blame for this incident to the Zoo. That is absurd; The zoo had apparently taken sufficient precautions to keep people out of the enclosure, including, I'm sure, posting signs to not climb on the barrier. We can't expect the zoos to parent.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

Why are so many people freaked out by one gorilla getting killed but every single day thousands of babies are being murdered. I get that an innocent creature was killed....but where is the outrage for all those innocent babies.

As for the parent being negligent...How would you know that? It's only takes a second for a little one to slip away. Even good parents have their kids out of their immediate control, they were just lucky there wasn't a gorilla pit for him to fall into.

Just now, Rick_Parker said:

I read it. You clearly are trying to spread the blame for this incident to the Zoo. That is absurd; The zoo had apparently taken sufficient precautions to keep people out of the enclosure, including, I'm sure, posting signs to not climb on the barrier. We can't expect the zoos to parent.

no they hadnt, they had grown complacent. Gorillas are listed as a class 1 mammal-alongside tigers and lions.A lot of zoos, are improving upon their enclosures, putting up mess wiring, and such to make it physically impossible for even jackie chan to get on, not alone a 4 year old. Complaceny leads to mistakes. Was it the zoos fault? no, but thats not to say that there wasnt something they could to to have prevented it. All they would have had to do was follow suit with many of the other zoos across the country. Now, they are. They learned from it. And im sure the mom has learned from her mistake. But anyone with kids knows all it takes is a half a second of innatention-and the kids gone. Instead of harshly judging her over her mistake, perhaps we should be praying for her.