• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, post said:

ah, thanks 

then maybe it's enoob i don't comprehend, because he is saying that 'where the Word is silent, we should remain silent' but he's saying my "assessment or thought process violates this" - though what i am saying is that the Bible is actually silent about both the rainbow pre-flood, and the phenomena of rain, post creation of man and prior to the flood.
if he's not opposing the idea that the rainbow may pre-exist the recession of the waters, then he's not being awfully cryptic, and i don't comprehend why he should say i "violate" that where the Bible does not specifically state a thing, we ought not assume it is the case -- since that's exactly what i've been saying. perhaps it is enoob who does not comprehend me. 

ha! and yet i receive so much flak here for observing, with full scriptural justification, that all of us have issues with our minds. 

The process of thought for the rain is the same. The earth was not watered by rain, there was a different and more effective system God had established for the entire earth, for every plant. This is spoken about in just two chapters (of basically genealogy), before Noah and the rain is introduced. 

No doubt Noah knew what rain was, but it just did not occur from the sky in general, let alone to cause a flood. There would have been places on earth where you could experience rain, in a canyon with waterfalls, from a heavy mist etc. But it is obvious that the earth did not depend on rain, and therefore the conditions from the sky were practically dry, or at least too dry for plants to survive, had not God made a more efficient and safe way of watering the earth.

• Group:  Diamond Member

17 minutes ago, post said:

"set" - in past tense

Strong's Hebrew 5414

also "to give" or "appoint" or "put / place" or possibly "dedicate" -- it is not the word "create" 

check out how this word is variously used in scripture 
here

it is the same word in Genesis 1:17 - He 'set' the sun and the moon in the sky to give light to the earth, and to mark days, after He 'created' them in verse 16. 

same word in Leviticus 10:17 - 

Why have you not eaten the sin offering in the place of the sanctuary, since it is a thing most holy and has been given to you that you may bear the iniquity of the congregation, to make atonement for them before the LORD?

here, translated "has been given" -- meaning 'was assigned' -- and not meaning 'was created' at that time that it is here mentioned. 

the construction and the words used in this scripture, Genesis 9:13, are not sufficient to conclusively say from the text that this was the creation of the rainbow. it was for sure the designation of this as a sign - but beyond that, the scripture itself is silent. 

The plain English does not define "Set" as past tense at all, if there is any tense, the context is present tense. It is not a statement about "when" but "what." We are splitting hairs here, it's time for me to go to another topic.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

13 minutes ago, Kan said:

The process of thought for the rain is the same. The earth was not watered by rain, there was a different and more effective system God had established for the entire earth, for every plant. This is spoken about in just two chapters (of basically genealogy), before Noah and the rain is introduced. 

No doubt Noah knew what rain was, but it just did not occur from the sky in general, let alone to cause a flood. There would have been places on earth where you could experience rain, in a canyon with waterfalls, from a heavy mist etc. But it is obvious that the earth did not depend on rain, and therefore the conditions from the sky were practically dry, or at least too dry for plants to survive, had not God made a more efficient and safe way of watering the earth.

man's knowledge and understanding via science may be catching up to this period pre-man, without rain -- ((all we know from scripture is for some period before man, there was no rain)) -- that is not a truth that stands in opposition to science. did you know that it's thought in completely secular circles, that during the time the dinosaurs lived, the atmosphere may have been as thick as water? 
if it were not, things like diplodocus may not have been able to stand, and things like pterosaurs would have been too heavy to fly. 

link -- 
thick atmosphere

5 minutes ago, post said:

man's knowledge and understanding via science may be catching up to this period pre-man, without rain -- ((all we know from scripture is for some period before man, there was no rain)) -- that is not a truth that stands in opposition to science. did you know that it's thought in completely secular circles, that during the time the dinosaurs lived, the atmosphere may have been as thick as water? 
if it were not, many species could not have stood, and things like pterosaurs would have been too heavy to fly. 

link -- 
thick atmosphere

Interesting. Others say the air pressure was greater. I was a bit young at the time.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

Just now, Kan said:

Others say the air pressure was greater. I was a bit young at the time.

yes, owing to the density. but uniform, so it would not be crushing everything. so it's perfectly feasible - without need for miracles - that on the early earth, there was no such thing as "rain" and a mist rose up from the ground, and watered the earth, just as Genesis describes :)

i think that's pretty neat! 

and i don't mean to split hairs over verb tense in re: rainbows -- just to point out to Joe, who seems very set in his interpretation, that the Hebrew does not mean "create" in Genesis 9:13. i hope he takes that to heart. 

On 6/19/2016 at 0:50 PM, post said:

yes, owing to the density. but uniform, so it would not be crushing everything. so it's perfectly feasible - without need for miracles - that on the early earth, there was no such thing as "rain" and a mist rose up from the ground, and watered the earth, just as Genesis describes :)

i think that's pretty neat! 

and i don't mean to split hairs over verb tense in re: rainbows -- just to point out to Joe, who seems very set in his interpretation, that the Hebrew does not mean "create" in Genesis 9:13. i hope he takes that to heart. 

Let's just say we covered the full spectrum :rain: of opinions here.:rain:

• 5 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 6/14/2016 at 1:39 PM, Warrior of Jesus said:

We all know rainbow is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets in the sky. According to the bible, rainbow was created, after the flood, as the sign of the covenant. There was light before the flood and it would have rained many times before the flood. Was the rainbow not there before the flood?

I believe that the first rain occurred in the deluge.

On 8/22/2021 at 2:05 PM, Leonardo Von said:

I believe that the first rain occurred in the deluge.

Source: Noahide Covenant

(Genesis 9:12)  And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations:
(Genesis 9:13)  I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.  [ESV]