• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

me too. everyone has mental issues. serious ones. 
let me explain: 

we can broadly divide mankind into two categories, those who have received Christ and those who haven't. 

first, those who have not believed. 

the Bible has a lot of things to say about their minds; here's just a few:

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
(Romans 1:21-22)

So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed.
(Ephesians 4:17-19)

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see 
the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

(2 Corinthians 4:4) 

The LORD knows the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
(Psalm 94:11) 

To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, 
nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

(Titus 1:15)

here's the scriptural picture of the mental state of all mankind under the influence of the spirit of this age, by the god of this age:

• their minds and consciences are corrupted.
  • their thinking is futile and vain.
  • they are blinded.
  • their hearts are hardened.
  • they are ignorant & have lost all sensitivity.
  • they think they are wise, but are foolish.

folks, that is unhealthy. that is mental issues. people have serious, serious problems in their minds and their way of thinking -- they are all "nuts" in a way that goes far beyond just mild personality quirks. that's how the Bible describes us: all of us.

second, we who have believed. 

when we heard and believed the gospel of Jesus Christ, we were sealed with the Holy Spirit, and that Spirit began on ongoing work in us. first of all, that "belief" is an activity of our mind. that "hearing" involved understanding, a thing that happened in our mind. we can't 'receive' a gospel that we do not comprehend: Christianity is an intellectual belief, not an emotional one. the Bible calls the heart 'deceitfully wicked above all things' but we as having believed - in some of those same verses above - are encouraged not to walk after the same way of thinking that we formerly were in. 

yes, we formerly were in. if we have believed and received the Holy Ghost, then all of us were at one time just as ignorant, corrupted, futile and vain in our thinking. wecould not receive God because we could not have any knowledge of Him until He revealed it to us: our belief and our faith in Him are gifts from God, His calling in us, who set us apart before the beginning of the world, predestining us to become an inheritance for the Son, a love-gift to Him who bought our redemption with His blood.
we could not seek God because we could not know Him, because our minds, too, were seriously ill. 

we were every bit as mentally ill as everyone else in the whole world. 
we commonly talk about this as a 'spiritual problem' but see, the Bible talks about this as a mental problem as well: the spirit is not disconnected from the rest of the man! and all of us by the time we are adults have spent tens of thousands of hours being indoctrinated by the spirit of the age into a corrupt way of thinking, building up in us a mentally unstable, irrational and vain state of mind. 
we have come to know a Great Physician, praise God!!! -- but if this redemption meant our minds were automatically and forever completely healed, then would the scriptures include so much encouragement and teaching that we should be careful not to continue in these corrupt, mentally-ill ways of thinking? if we were already fully "sane" as it were, would it be necessary for the Spirit to say to us this? 

Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. 
(Romans 12:2)

i'm told that the verb tense here for "renewed" indicates an ongoing process. it is not a one-time deal. we still have the residual effects of the corrupt, vain, mentally unstable, irrational mind-sickness in us that we all were redeemed out of. that is why we need to always be 'mindful' to no longer be pressed into the mold of the spirit of the age, and have our minds instead daily renewed, regenerated, and built up in the truth. 
that is the only way we can "discern" the will of God -- and look, again, "discernment" is a thing that goes on in our minds, not in our hearts. it is a cerebral process, not an emotional one! 

we have the mind of Christ, it is true, amen! (1 Corinthians 2:16) -- but this is not saying that we all think as Christ does. no, "
His thoughts are higher than our thoughts" is still true. 
we have the mind of Christ, but we have this through the Spirit that dwells within us, through which God has begun a work of transformation and renewal that is as yet unfinished (Romans 8:23, etc) but will be one day complete, when He returns and reconciles all things. 
meanwhile -- we have two laws within us, and we are of two minds: the old way of thinking, which is corrupt and altogether mentally ill, and the new mind that is of God through His spirit given to us by Jesus Christ. these are at war with each other within our hearts and minds: we are schizo, with two radically different ways of thinking opposing each other inside our heads. the scriptures teach us that we should be clinging to one and despising the other; this is the work of God within us, the renewal that goes on each day -- the "therapy" of our Great Physician, our Great Psychologist. 

but we are by no means out of "therapy" yet -- none of you have "arrived." 

you're mentally ill, still. i am, you are -- all of us are. 
we are far better off, having begun the process of recovery, and we have a sure hope that it will be complete, but if anyone thinks they do not have a problem... 

well you know what they say "
admitting you have a problem is half the battle:laugh:

so have any of you ever inferred by what i have ever said, that i was saying you had mental problems? 

i meant it. 

i meant it out of a sincere heart, with genuine concern and love for you, as siblings having the same Father. not maliciously or spitefully, as the world speaks.
out of love for you as being a human as you are, and the love for others that is generated by the love of God working within the redeemed. 

i meant it in a way completely justified and based in scriptural ans spiritual thinking and understanding. 

if you took it any other way, or complained - you have not comprehended the love i have for you, and that miscomprehension further justifies what i may have said or alluded to.

i am as you are - if you have not believed, i was once as you are now. 
i have every bit of the same mental problems too. 

but praise God! by the tremendous riches of the Fathers grace poured out to us through His Son, we are being redeemed and renewed, transformed by the power of God through the Spirit into a new creature conformed in every way to the likeness of the Son, who is the perfect image of the invisible God. & that not of ourselves, because we are unable, but by submitting to His will - it is the work and power of God !

it is not the well who need a physician, it is the sick. 
and we are all those who stand in need - forever in need of Him. 
the Counselor, the Physician, the Redeemer: our Saviour, the Messiah of the Lord of Hosts.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

You know the title of this topic does not sound very nice. lol Unless you really do know my family.  :whistling:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

4 hours ago, post said:

so have any of you ever inferred by what i have ever said....
that i was saying you had mental problems....
i meant it....

it is not the well who need a physician, it is the sick.... 
and we are all those who stand in need - forever in need of Him.... 
the Counselor, the Physician, the Redeemer: our Saviour....
the Messiah, the LORD of Hosts....

:emot-heartbeat:

I

"God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Matthew 5:11 (New Living Translation)

Am

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and celebrate, because great is your reward in heaven; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you. Matthew 5:11-12 (Berean Study Bible)

Blessed

He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the LORD has spoken. Isaiah 25:8 (English Standard Version)

:emot-heartbeat:

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I do believe I am understanding what it is you are trying to say,the overall message,,,,,however,I could not say that I believe the delivery will convey the message for it to be "Received" with open arms,,,,,,,,,,

The "mind" as well as the "heart" is flesh,we are carnal minded before we are indwelled by the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,before Christ & the Amazing,Loving Grace of God,,,,,,,,,does that mean we "are" sick",unstable,mentally ill,,,,,,no,not at all,it does mean we "were" living in the flesh and "were" in desperate need of our Lord & Savior to begin the process of "renewing our minds"(& hearts) that we can become the New Creatures living lives more abundant by walking in Spirit & in Truth with the Heart & Mind of Jesus,,,,,,,,,are we "mentally ill",,No,we ARE more than conquerors in Christ Jesus,we ARE HEALED by His Stripes

We ARE what we speak,,,,,,we can speak life or death,we speak eternally not temporally ,we are of a sound mind,,,,,,,,,we must declare & decree,believe & Receive & STRIVE towards Perfection,,,,,,not looking behind us,at the flesh we have crucified onto the CRoss with Jesus but ahead,,,,towards the PRIZE,running the good race ,standing on that Position of Victory,,,afforded us by the ONE & ONLY CHRIST JESUS

To God be the Glory                                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, tigger398 said:

You know the title of this topic does not sound very nice. lol Unless you really do know my family.  :whistling:

:P  Mine too, tigger!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

There are those in this world who are toxic people. We all have been exposed to them. There are also those in this world who are unbelievers. Many I afraid :mellow: There are those in this world who have a mental illness. None of this is going to be resolved until Jesus comes back.

4 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

We ARE what we speak

that is not true. 

The Lord says:
"These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

(Isaiah 29:13)

These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.

(Matthew 15:8) 

and the Lord also says, that many will say to Him, "Lord, Lord" -- many that He will tell that He never knew them;
so not all who speak "Lord" are what they sound like they are. 

try doing a search for how many times the Bible mentions a "deceitful tongue" :rolleyes:

and all the prophets who prophesied burdens of death and destruction: were they 'death' ? 
or as they spoke what God commanded them, were they the light of the Truth, which is Life? 

see, even you also are prey to the way of thinking that the spirit of the age teaches: that we can 'speak wellness' into existence. that if we 'say positive things all the time'  it will perfect our lives and always enrich those around us. the 'power of positive thinking.' that so long as we say 'nice things' all the time, we are nice. that sentimentalism that says true goodness and love for one another is to 'never hurt anyone's feelings' -- that is the way of the world, not the way of truth. 

this can be described as "a mental issue" you have too, dear kwik -- a way of wrong thinking, that the Lord will also perfect in you. 
and you are not alone, of course. 

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

however,I could not say that I believe the delivery will convey the message for it to be "Received" with open arms

6 hours ago, tigger398 said:

You know the title of this topic does not sound very nice.

i think the specific wording of the title improves the statistical likelihood that anyone who clicks on this thread will be "awake" ;)
as well as being exactly what i want to communicate. more that that, even, if a person is self-aware and takes the 'post' to heart, they may come to appreciate that a quick temper and a tendency to judge a thing before carefully considering it is also illustrative of what i'm hoping to point out. 

also, it should be help me more easily discern if anyone replies without actually reading the OP, but only the title :laugh: