• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

33 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that.    The Bible says that we are live in obedience to God.   We are not his partners.   We are not his equals in the relationship.    We do  work with God.  We work for Him.   He is Father and we are children.   He is the master; we are His servants.  He is the head of the body.

We need to get the nature of our relationship straight from the outset.

I agree fully.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

We need to get the nature of our relationship straight from the outset.

:sherlock:

The

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

Nature

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23

Of Our Family

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

And, The Head Of Our Table

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:4-7

As I See

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. John 15:15

It

He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. Song Of Solomon 2:4

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, SIC said:

But scripture seems to talk about a permanent falling away

Most of the dire warnings to believers are "seems to be" warnings ...

for the simple reason that God does NOT wish to freak out the babes in Christ

before they have fair chance of being established in the faith.

Basically, ALL spiritual Truth comes via spiritual revelation!

You know, those who are being led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Edited by ZacharyB

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, ZacharyB said:

There are no warnings for genuine followers of Jesus falling away into apostasy and losing salvation.

21 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hmm,do I detect a northeast interpretation of capito? better translated as "got it?"

The parable of the sower is very interesting & thought provoking,

That is why Jesus explains(above) that those who are truly Saved can not be snatched away by the wicked one,,,,,,,the one's who do indeed fall way did not really Receive Gods Word in the first place,they received the seed by the way side & not into their hearts,,,,,,,,,

I tink I learned it in TO (maybe the Kwikster, a NE gal, knows what TO means).

Lotsa Italianos in TO.

Those above are the tares who will be separated out and thrown into da fire!

And I presume the one's are the ones.

No presuming here: most Americans don't have the foist clue about

possessive vs. plural ... and ... singular vs. plural ... etc.

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

13 minutes ago, ZacharyB said:

So are you saying it is possible for a genuine believer to permanently fall away?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

41 minutes ago, SIC said:

So are you saying it is possible for a genuine believer to permanently fall away?

Hi Sic, this is a good question what would happen if you temporarily fall away?

Would Jesus need to be crucified again if you realize when you need God?

How often can we bring Him to the cross?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

We don't play a part in salvation at all.  You either trust in yourself or you trust in God.  Your interpretation is false.  Salvation is Jesus + 0.  That is the only biblical way too look at it.   We have free will to accept him and we have free will to obey.    But we have no part to play getting saved or staying saved.  How could we?  It would require us and God being equal partners and we are NOT His equals.                                       posted by Shiloh

I like that summarization,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,JESUS plus ZERO!!! Amen!

Yes Zacho,gotcha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm not sure anyone is really understanding what you & SIC are asking or saying,I'm pretty sure I do and it is not about anything we do or don't do,if you are Saved you are Saved,,,by no merit of our own,it is undeserved,unearned & irrevocable simply because "IF" you know WHO Jesus is & by your FAITH you have Received Him as Lord & Savior then through Him.are reconciled to our Father & He GIVES us ,,,,,His Grace,a full pardon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,done,finished

Now what everyone is saying(all of us ),,,,,is that "IF" you LOVE HIM,,,,,,you will never be the same,I don't see how you could? He abides IN US,we are indwelled by His Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,can a truly Saved person continue in sin without conviction? I don't believe so,it deeply grieves me to sin,to do anything that prompts my spirit (because of His Spirit)to be less than pleasing & acceptable,,,,,it is that plain ole struggle between flesh & spirit,,,,,,,

Woundeddog commented to me,,,,this

Dear Sister-- I don't think we could choose to serve Satan after accepting the Lord-- the book says Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world--- so I am thinking the Lord would not allow a true believer to chose to serve Satan. I think by the grace of God we would be protected from such a choice by the Holy Spirit

I'm not so sure about that,,,honestly,,,     I can only speak for me & I know that"Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world"   & me & my house"We serve the Lord",,,,,,    But I cannot speak for anyone else,I do not know their heart,so I cannot sit here & sincerely say,without a doubt,that someone in this world will or will not make a willful decision to "fall away",,,,,,I don't know if temptation cannot lure a Saved man into apostasy,reprobate........

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
                                                                                                              Phil 2:12

And that would be what would "grieve" the Holy Spirit ,wouldn't it? And Christ dies ONCE for our sins,,,,Would that not be the unpardonable sin?I think it would,,,,,IF one were truly Saved in the First Place,seems impossible to us who are so in love with Jesus,doesn't it? But I think,"No,it is possible"

In the very last letter that Paul wrote he told Timothy that “the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths” (2 Tim 4:3-4).

the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared” (1 Tim 4:1-2)

So,the controversy here(imo) is that many say"They were never really Saved,OSAS",,,,,,& others say''They have "fallen away",,,,,,,,,I think  they could not "fall away"or lose their Salvation like you lose your car keys,as I said"BY CHOICE"they made a decision,,,,,,,God always knew they would from the get go,,,,,,could we know? No,we cannot                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

4 hours ago, SIC said:

I would have to say Yes!

I have ignored possibly the 3 most damning NT passages.

They are just way too heavy-duty to even contemplate.

IMO, having the indwelling Holy Spirit does NOT guarantee eternal life.

What? The one who is born-again can and may NOT walk away from salvation?

What ever happened to our free-will?

Is it not possible for one to choose his/her preference, i.e. to habitually sin?

However, yes, the Holy Spirit will do everything He is allowed to do

(by the Father) ... to bring the born-again believer back to the faith!

Meanwhile, da Quikster has not told us what "TO" means.

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

17 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

What sort of a God would leave us hanging never knowing for sure till we stood in front of him after our death?

Amen-- I want a God that saves-- not one who makes us jump through hoops!