woundeddog

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Did you not know WHO the Author is? He is the Author & Finisher of our Faith,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

28 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

All mean all , no exceptions, 

What does the wrighter of the above scriptures was addressing, snd what did he try to bring to light.

Hope that you don't suggest for a moment that he use this scripture to call himself names, or to call names his contemporaries, or those who live before him, or those who will come after him.

I hope not.

The writter is not Paul, so the prophet who wrote this, he is trying to tell us something, that God is looking for someone to carry on a very special mission, and no matter how long he may have to wait he will never find the one that could be qualified for this mission.

The prophet is telling us that the Lord has a problem to solve, and how can he can solve his problem when he can not find no one to be qualified for this mission from among his people.

Did the Lord reveal to the writer how he is going to solve his problem. 

Jesus tell us that he did, the other prophets later on gave enough to reveal that he did and how he is going to do it.

All the answers are known to you and are familiar scriptures to you, so I will just leave it for you to find out, at least for awhile, and if you ask for my input, I will be oblige. 

Hope to hear from you. 

24 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Did you not know WHO the Author is? He is the Author & Finisher of our Faith,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Who is the prophet? 

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I may be unique, that was the opinion of the people in my 1st church. When I started reading the Bible I didn't believe He was real. I considered Him a myth. I decided to read the Bible to prove to myself it was a book of fairy tales. I have to laugh at myself because 1. God had other plans for me reading it, 2. "God's Word doesn't go out and return void. Of course, I had never heard that yet. The next 3 years of my life were tumultuous and at the same time, good ones, educational, eye opening, and life changing. During those 3 yrs I became Born Again. I had been Baptized as a baby in a Catholic church but that was all so far. I had not prayed the sinners pray and told anyone yet. But I felt God within me and no one I knew even understood what I meant. Finally, out of sheer exasperation to be around others who I hoped would be like me I joined a church an old HS buddy went to. They considered me unsaved. I was not. I did the full water Baptism because I was delighted to do it. I prayed the sinners pray with my buddy to make him happy. Now I often repeat it on the 700 Club.

Since there's nothing we can do to save ourselves IMO we become Born Again when we let God into our heart, soul, spirit, mind, and life. A person can experience this on a deserted island if God wants that person.    

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 6/28/2016 at 1:47 PM, woundeddog said:

Okay- I am not making any doctrinal statement here....
but this is something I have been trying to puzzle out for awhile....
Do you think that the modern "sinners prayer" or verbally accepting Christ....
has taken the place of the young Churches practice of baptism....

I'm wondering if we now count the start of our Christian life with a prayer rather than the action of being baptized....
I know that we are admonished to be baptized but....
it's not necessary for salvation....

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~!

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

And

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

Amen~!

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

:emot-heartbeat:

It's A Word Of Faith (WOF) Action And A New Born's Heart Condition

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Romans 10:8-10

And It's By The Power Of The Holy Spirit

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

And Water's Good

I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. Mark 1:8

But

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Matthew 2:11

Only Jesus Saves

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.
Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Blessings Friendnt,,,,,,

The writter is not Paul, so the prophet who wrote this, he is trying to tell us something, that God is looking for someone to carry on a very special mission, and no matter how long he may have to wait he will never find the one that could be qualified for this mission.

The writer of what,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have no idea what verses of Scripture you are referring to by saying "the above" as in your least reply to me,,,,prior to that I quoted 3 verses ,2 from the Book of Romans & 1 from Psalms,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I;'m not good at guessing and I'm not one to assume,,,,,,,,  so I don't have a clue ,except for the Romans verses which was written by the Apostle Paul to the Romans as he himself was in Corinth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  still,the Written Word is God Breathed

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Friendnt,,,,,,

The writer of what,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have no idea what verses of Scripture you are referring to by saying "the above" as in your least reply to me,,,,prior to that I quoted 3 verses ,2 from the Book of Romans & 1 from Psalms,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I;'m not good at guessing and I'm not one to assume,,,,,,,,  so I don't have a clue ,except for the Romans verses which was written by the Apostle Paul to the Romans as he himself was in Corinth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  still,the Written Word is God Breathed

Blessings Kwikphilly.......

From what is known to us:

First we have Abel, 

Then Enoch, 

Noah ? 

Abraham, 

Isaak???

Joseph, 

Samuel, 

JONH the Baptist,

WAS JESUS BAPTIZE by 

a SINNER ?

Some people to start with: 

Which one of them died in his Sins? 

You may say, what and why? 

Blessings to you,friendnt

Enoch didn't even "die",Jesus was Baptized by the Holy Spirit and what do any of the people in your reply have to do with my asking for the verses of Scripture you were referring to? Perhaps you were not referring to any? I have no idea why you answer every question with a question,,,,if you could just reply with the Scripture it would be very helpful,thanks                                                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

On 6/29/2016 at 9:19 PM, kwikphilly said:

Here is your Scriptures Friendnt,,,,,,,,ALL means ALL,,,,,no exceptions,,,,,,,,,,,                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

Abraham believed in the PROMISE if the SEED to come,that is JESUS

Romans 3:10-12King James Version (KJV)

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is 

King James Bible   Psalm 14:3
They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not on

Romans 3:23King James Version (KJV)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Here is your Scriptures Friendnt,,,,,,,,ALL means ALL,,,,,no exceptions,,,,,,,,,,,                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Kwikphilly.......(All??).

From what is known to us:

First we have Abel, 

Then Enoch, 

Noah ? 

Abraham, 

Isaak???

Joseph, 

Samuel, 

JONH the Baptist,

WAS JESUS BAPTIZE by 

a SINNER ?

Some people to start with: 

Which one of them died in his Sins? 

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings to you,friendnt

Enoch didn't even "die",Jesus was Baptized by the Holy Spirit and what do any of the people in your reply have to do with my asking for the verses of Scripture you were referring to? Perhaps you were not referring to any? I have no idea why you answer every question with a question,,,,if you could just reply with the Scripture it would be very helpful,thanks                                                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

Enoch an uuncircumcised man who lived before the flood.

The only facts we have about Enoch is that " he walk with the Lord", and "he was no more", 

There is no witnesses to tell us what happen to him, as it is with Elias, and Jesus. 

I can not tell how the Lord took him to heaven, just like Elias or not, and to this day nothing has been revealed about him. 

Why the Lord may have taken him in heavens and what was his reasons, this another subject.

Jesus was baptize with water in the Jordan river by Jonh the Baptist in front of many witnesses and you can not denied that. 

I never heard that statement, that Jesus was baptize by the Holy Spirit at the Jordan river, and it is wrong for many reasons to say that.

First we have the scriptures that tells that, Myriam is the one who went to visit Elizabeth when she was pregnant with Jesus. 

There we see that Jonh was happy to be visited by Jesus, and were both in their mothers wombs.

The same thing happen when Jesus went to see Jonh.

jonh was very happy to see him.

It is not that Jonh went about the country looking for Jesus, but that Jesus went about looking for him.

The Baptist of the Holy Spirit it was for those who were under the blood of Jesus the Christ.

A wittness that they are not separated from God, that they have received of his Spirit, that they are one with him in Spirit. And if God can be with them while they are still here on earth, the more they are together with him, all the time, nothing can separate them from him, no even death. 

This is the good news of the Gospel, that we are one with God All the TIME. Dead or alive. 

Jesus said the same thing,

I am the life, the one who believes in me has also the life and he can not die, he will live forever, you see that Jesus made something very clear, that it is not just about sins, it is about the life of God in his name. Not on our own name, it is about him been righteous, not us.

I know that he call us to grow in his righteousness, and ask us to repent for our sins, in his name, and not according to our cultural ways, and that meant for the Jews believers of that time not to go to the Temple and required the services of the priest. 

Because they were Holy in his name, and what do they have to do seeking Holiness and forgiveness in the Temple. 

ALL they need is Jesus. 

We need anything, we should say the first word, JESUS if Jesus is our LORD. 

Two people standing in the waters of Jordan, Jonh is the first one (he was suppose to die first, and Jesus had to follow him latter, Jonh had to go before him to proclaim his coming. 

Two people were standing by the way of the Jordan river, both without sins, but the Holy Spirit of God search and found the one with the life of God, the one who was one with God, the Heavenly one, the one who had come from above, and manifested in the body through his birth by a woman. 

The best news of the Gospel is that we are in the life of God and we will never be separated from him, nothing can separate us from him, not even sin. 

I never heard that statement, that Jesus was baptize by the Holy Spirit at the Jordan river, and it is wrong for many reasons to say that.

Hmmmmm?

King James Bible
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:                                                    Matthew 3:16

10As soon as Jesus came up out of the water, he saw the heavensbreaking open and the Spirit descending on Him like a dove. 11And a voice came from heaven: “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”…      Mark 1:10

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.           1 Cor 1:10-17

Perhaps the Apostle Paul explains better,it does not matter who anyone is baptised "through",,,,,,it matters "by" WHO

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

There is one way to be saved. From the beginning of the Old Testament and up until today. It has never changed. 

The way it is done has changed in different eras. But the principle has never changed. 

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered:

The reason the bible says that Baptism remits sins is because it was the cultural way to "Call on the Name of the LORD".

Peter's message in Acts 2 was: "Whosoever shall call on the Name of the LORD shall be saved" (Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. ) This was Peter text that he preached from.

Next Peter taught that JESUS was LORD!  When people asked what to do Peter explained to them to be baptized in JESUS name. This way how they called on the name of the LORD!

Acts 22:16 confirms that Baptism was "Calling on the name of the LORD and would wash away sins.  Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

PAUL also confirmed this in Romans 10:9-13 

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The thief on the Cross confessed JESUS as LORD and was saved.

I believe God does not care as much about how we confess Him as LORD but that it comes from the heart!

The sinners prayer will accomplish the same thing as Baptism in JESUS name if it is the Spirit moving and the confession is from the heart!