• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Davida said:

I'll stick with what the Bible says rather then human logic.

Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of ultra-orthodox ideology claiming I'm heterodox here. Implying I'm speaking against the Bible so they can report me or whatever. 

My comments concern scripture and invoke scripture. God is omniscient and omnipresent. Arguments occur where people will get upset because they judge someone not keeping to the word of God. God's remarks from his very own lips as if. 

Then they can't accept those scriptures that must also be seen in that same light, God's actual word, that speak to his having predetermined, predestined, all things by his authority, power, will, and for his own satisfaction , and there are a group of sticklers to the actual literal words of God, not one word can be preached or thought of differently or it's false teaching, that will now argue to blue in the face that that is not in there. The Bible. 

It's been said before and it bears repeating because it is common sense not so commonly displayed. If someone is going to worship anything because it is first found worthy by that one who is faithful to it, then all that it is is. And all that is worthy of worship must concede all that is in that thing worshiped is agreeable to the one bowing to it for all that it is and means to them. 

Too often there are those that are faithful to what some call Bible God and they believe in him except for those parts of his word they say isn't saying what is written. Otherwise, they'll defend repeatedly what they do accept and against anyone that disagrees. 

What is life? 
I've read the Bible more than once. In my view its us walking in footsteps already laid out. One set is God's one set is lord of this world. Which direction do we go in? The one God already set forth according to his word. Either way, we're learning what we were made to be being our genesis is in the master of the eternal first. God self-realizing itself. 

God made the devil. God said he predetermined all things before he created any thing. 

Call it popcorn for all it matters. When God said that people who defend God's actual word have to be OK with it. You're not free will choiceing here. You're walking a script that has lines and a plot and rules to get it right or wrong. Rewarded or punished. We're the only one's that don't know the next step we think we're making by choice. 

Pay attention. It's life. 

Edited by Jewels7

Same to you. :)

Good point. I'll fix it. :P 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 3/6/2017 at 11:46 AM, lance.dunlop said:

This means that He allows all the evil to happen....
but is not Himself the author of the evil....

:emot-heartbeat:

Say

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 2 Peter 3:8-10 (New International Version)

Say

Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the heart of the children of man is fully set to do evil. Ecclesiastes 8:11 (English Standard Version)

What~!

Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. James 1:17 (New Living Translation)

~

On 3/6/2017 at 11:49 AM, Jewels7 said:

That.... part is refuted by Isaiah 45:7 And Psalm 139:1-9....
isn't it....

:emot-heartbeat:

True True

"I form light and create darkness, I make goodness and create disaster. I am the LORD, who does all these things. Isaiah 45:7 (International Standard Version)

That Is So So So True

O LORD, you have examined me, and you know me.
You alone know when I sit down and when I get up. You read my thoughts from far away. You watch me when I travel and when I rest. You are familiar with all my ways.

Even before there is a single word on my tongue, you know all about it, LORD. You are all around me-in front of me and in back of me. You lay your hand on me. Such knowledge is beyond my grasp. It is so high I cannot reach it.

Where can I go to get away from your Spirit? Where can I run to get away from you? If I go up to heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in hell, you are there. If I climb upward on the rays of the morning sun or land on the most distant shore of the sea where the sun sets, even there your hand would guide me and your right hand would hold on to me.

If I say, "Let the darkness hide me and let the light around me turn into night," even the darkness is not too dark for you. Night is as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you.

You alone created my inner being. You knitted me together inside my mother. I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this. My bones were not hidden from you when I was being made in secret, when I was being skillfully woven in an underground workshop. Your eyes saw me when I was only a fetus. Every day of my life was recorded in your book before one of them had taken place.

How precious are your thoughts concerning me, O God! How vast in number they are! If I try to count them, there would be more of them than there are grains of sand. When I wake up, I am still with you.

I wish that you would kill wicked people, O God, and that bloodthirsty people would leave me alone. They say wicked things about you. Your enemies misuse your name. Shouldn't I hate those who hate you, O LORD? Shouldn't I be disgusted with those who attack you? I hate them with all my heart. They have become my enemies.

Examine me, O God, and know my mind. Test me, and know my thoughts. See whether I am on an evil path. Then lead me on the everlasting path. Psalms 139 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

Great post. 

When God is first cause of all that exists anywhere at all even in matters of what we comprehend as time and space, there is nothing , no thing, that cannot be God. 

On 3/8/2017 at 11:43 PM, enoob57 said:

Did God create the lie?

God answers your question in Isaiah 45:7

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Col. 1-15-17

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, Jewels7 said:

Lies are not even mentioned in that verse?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Does it take a lot of your time to look it up ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

7 hours ago, Jewels7 said:

Matthew Henry Commentary
45:5-10 There is no God beside Jehovah. There is nothing done without him. He makes peace, put here for all good; and creates evil, not the evil of sin, but the evil of punishment. He is the Author of all that is true, holy, good, or happy; and evil, error, and misery, came into the world by his permission, through the wilful apostacy of his creatures, but are restrained and overruled to his righteous purpose.