IGNORED

The “sin lists” in the NT condemn all habitual sinners!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, simplejeff said:

.... there is a sin that leads to death - do not pray for this sin. 

.... there is a sin that does not lead to death...  pray concerning this...

In Corinth,  many were sick and died,  because of sin.  (in the assembly of ekklesia) ....

Likewise in the 7 letters to the assemblies or messengers,  many are identified who perish due to SIN....

Sin leading to death has nothing to do with you being sealed until redemption. Eph 4:30.

7 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

John in 1st John says "sin is transgression of God's law".....Rev12 says salvation is for those who have the testimony of Jesus and keep the commandments of God.

Right, it's called the perseverance of the saints.

Guest Judas Machabeus
14 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Obedience doesn't keep you saved, only belief does and the blood of Christ. The work of the cross is finished. Rom 10:9-10. Eph 1:13-14.

Are you saying that you can be disobedient and still be saved? 

I replied and than went back to get the context of what I was being quoted. So I have an addition to my post:

Heb 13:8, What you said in response to what I said goes against scripture. In the very post you quoted me from I showed FROM scripture that Jesus says you have to be obediant as well in order to be saved.  

Matthew 7:21-24

21 "Not every one who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven
22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' 
23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'
24 "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; 

It was even bolded and underlined for you. There is no doubt that faith is vital to salvation. And there is a lot of scripture that supports that. But I go back to my original statement. No where does scripture say that salvation comes from faith alone. 

Edited by Judas Machabeus
Added to my post

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings....

The "BELIEF" that has afforded us that guarantee seal of Redemption...is by our FAITH in Jesus Finished WORK on the cross,the REPENTANT heart Receives Christ at the foot of the cross......Gods Grace is how we are Sealed for the Day of Redemption,Jesus said"IF you LOVE me,you will follow my commandments.....His Commandments are very simple & they are the by product of accessing His Heart & Mind which is LOVE.......If we Love God FIRST &  we love others as we love ourselves then how can we not be obedient simply out of LOVE......?A Christian is FREE indeed,,,obedience not because of obligation or mandate but out of LOVE....

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

18 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Isn't this what almost everyone has been saying all along too ?

As the content of your posts (and theirs) shows repeatedly.

Is it wrong sometimes, all the time, or never ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Sin leading to death has nothing to do with you being sealed until redemption. Eph 4:30.

So ? 

If someone sins the sin that leads to death,  I think, in general, they are not sealed until redemption.  Different persons/ different lives.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Well we are born again by heavenly seed, an eternal seed. If you dont reject understanding of course God has put life (heavenly seed)in us that will grow but he also gave us care and repair instructions.

Very good analogy,Reinitin......and so,if that seed was planted,lets say, in very good soil & yet no one watered it,no sun could get to it because it was in the shade....what would happen to it?                                                                                                              

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Which version says "until" redemption?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

not one piece of scripture says by faith alone. Not one!! So why do you insist on calling it faith alone doctrine when it's not.  

May I half correct you? Faith alone is only found in one place in the entire Bible. In fact, the only faith that is alone in Scripture is a dead faith! James 2:17.

2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

No. 1 John 3:9

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

So ? 

If someone sins the sin that leads to death,  I think, in general, they are not sealed until redemption.  Different persons/ different lives.

They are sealed until redemption brother. The word "believed" in Eph 1:13-14 is past tense. Rom 8:33, 38-39 also says neither death nor life can separate the elect from God.