• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

7 hours ago, tleichs said:

yes, I totally agree. And our days now depends on sun. So the days are not the same! And the first 7 days were evening and morning, not day and night, there were no nights in the first seven days..... More one reason to believe that the days on the creation are not exactaly the same nowadays....

Shalom, tleichs.

No, you were to get out of these verses that the days ARE the same! The reason why each section ends with "and the evening and the morning were the first day," etc., were because Jewish time keeping starts each new day at SUNDOWN ("evening") with the sighting of the first three stars. Our weekly holy day, the Shabbat, starts at sundown on Friday night and goes through Saturday at sundown. That's why you'll find some Jewish synagogues (including Messianic synagogues) hold their Shabbat service on Friday night while others will have their service on Saturday morning. The period known as "day" (as opposed to "night") STARTS with the sun overpowering the stars!

"No nights in the first seven days"? Have you forgotten already?

Genesis 1:5
5 And God called the light "Day," and the darkness he called "Night." And the evening and the morning were the first day.
KJV

These days are the same 24-hour periods that we have today. There's no difference. I believe that God could create all the species of birds and fish in one 24-hour period. I also believe that God could create all the species of land animals and mankind in another 24-hour period. In fact, I believe it would be MORE unbelievable to think that God would wait around for millions of years to get something done!

He didn't create this world like a kid watching a "Hatchimal" break out of its shell! "Will it break out this time around?" "Maybe the next time around...."

No, God knew exactly what He would make; He DECLARED the end from the beginning!