Marilyn C

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

[8] And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

This verse (Alone) tells that (Jerusalem) was spiritually (Moved) to another location and built as a (New city on her base) --- Jerusalem was (Divorced) by God..  He had her-- the (Woman of wickedness) stuffed into a basket and had 2 women angels with stork wings to deliver her to a new land for a new birth.. given to the gentiles it becomes the (Great city)  This is the mystery.  The 2 witnesses will walk it (the Holy city) underfoot for 1260 days soon and give all man their last chance for redemption..  After that the continual sacrifice will cease.. Many will try and glorify God in that day but will (Not) be heard. The door will be shut..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On July 13, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Ezra said:

I have said this all along.  While we do not know how everything will lead to that, we should not transpose things in the Bible and go off on flights of fancy.

Would you agree back in the first century when people often said Babylon, they meant Rome?  If you would agree to that, why can't MODERN day Babylon be NYC?

Can you Honestly read Rev 17/18 and tell me you city a literal desolate Babylon in the desert more than you can see NYC?  It doesn't fit in 100 ways. Just because it has the same name,  I have already proven Babylon doesn't always mean Babylon. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Would you agree back in the first century when people often said Babylon, they meant Rome?  If you would agree to that, why can't MODERN day Babylon be NYC?

Can you Honestly read Rev 17/18 and tell me you city a literal desolate Babylon in the desert more than you can see NYC?  It doesn't fit in 100 ways. Just because it has the same name,  I have already proven Babylon doesn't always mean Babylon. 

Hi Spock,

Just a few of my thoughts here before Ezra replies.

1. The bottom line is who God says Babylon is.

2. The current day city of Babylon is being rebuilt by the USA & the UN. So we need to keep tuned.

3. I don`t see how you have proven Babylon doesn`t always mean Babylon.

regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

22 hours ago, Eoreris said:

This verse (Alone) tells that (Jerusalem) was spiritually (Moved) to another location and built as a (New city on her base)

What this verse tells us that the wickedness and idolatry of Jerusalem under the Antichrist will be so great that spiritually it can be regarded as both Sodom (wickedness) and Egypt (idolatry and worldliness).  Jerusalem will be the seat of the Antichrist and Satan for 3 1/2 years.  And this is the period of time discussed in Revelation 11.

Babylon was the cradle of paganism and idolatry from the time of Nimrod and Babel. Babylon was also one of the most advanced ancient cities commercially.

The known history of Babylon, then, begins with its most famous king: Hammurabi (1792-1750 BCE). This obscure Amorite prince ascended to the throne upon the abdication of his father, King Sin-Muballit, and fairly quickly transformed the city into one of the most powerful and influential in all of Mesopotamia. Hammurabi’s law codes are well known but are only one example of the policies he implemented to maintain peace and encourage prosperity. He enlarged and heightened the walls of the city, engaged in great public works which included opulent temples and canals, and made diplomacy an integral part of his administration. So successful was he in both diplomacy and war that, by 1755 BCE, he had united all of Mesopotamia under the rule of Babylon which, at this time, was the largest city in the world, and named his realm Babylonia.

http://www.ancient.eu/babylon

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Revelation tells us that this great city will be divided into 3 part chunks by the final earthquake.  Number one- this means it must be an Island city surrounded by water because how can an inland city surrounded by land break up into 3 parts..  A study of Manhattan fault lines- there are 2.. 125th street fault directly under midtown and a lower fault near the financial district.. If they blow at (full) possibilities - a 10.0 plus Manhattan,s bedrock Island would break up into 3 huge bedrock chunks.. The search narrows..  

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 7/13/2016 at 1:38 PM, Spock said:

“What is it?”

He replied, “It is a basket.” And he added, “This is the iniquityb of the people throughout the land.”

7Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! 8He said, “This is wickedness,” and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed its lead cover down on it.

9Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.

10“Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me.

11He replied, “To the country of Babyloniac to build a house for it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.”

spock:. Marilyn, I'm not so sure this is talking about Babylon the city.  It says "the COUNTRY of Babylonia. To build a house for it... When the house is ready..."

I'm not sure why you seem to think this country and house has to be in the city of Babylon, Iraq. It seems like these two women had to wait for the house and or country to be built. America wasn't America as we know it back when these words were spoken.  Babylon was. What needed to be built?  

Maybe this is my imagination running wild, but could this be the Statue of Liberty - a WOMAN waiting to be placed on her pedestal?  That woman used to symbolize our freedom after all comes from idols. 

I believe the nearest town to the Statue of Liberty is Babylon, NY. I know I read somewhere there was some connection between Babylon and the Statute.  I may have to find it again.

spock

An ephah is a measurement ( Scale of Judgment). The woman stands for wickedness (She is on the Scale), shinar stands for Babylon and it shall be established and set there on her own base....This implies that this wickedness had a base, or is the Mother of Harlots so to speak.  (Babylon is Judged) This is speaking figuratively about the very first kingdom Daniel spoke of also being the last beast system. Except at the end the whole world comes under this last beast system, that conquers Israel. Thus Babylon is the last Beast System. It is not a city, nor one country, but the whole world gets destroyed by fire. 

On 7/14/2016 at 6:01 AM, Last Daze said:

In Rev 17 Babylon the city is described as:

• "The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.”  Revelation 17:18

To me, NYC qualifies both because the UN headquarters is there and it fits the Rev 18 description.  Things can change but if the 10 leaders act anytime soon, the likely target is NYC.

Morning Daze, It actually says that woman which thou SAWEST is that Great City which reigns over the Kings of the Earth. But we know this Woman, the Harlot, was destroyed in Rev. 17:16. So what gives ? John is being shown the Harlots judgment (Rev.17:1) She is destroyed 17:16, but the Angel tells John in Rev. 17:18, That woman you SAWEST (Past Tense) is Rome ( the clue is she rules over the Kings of the earth at Johns time). So she was a Woman/Harlot or False Religion, and she was destroyed in verse 17:16, but the Angel comes back around and tells John, this Harlot that was destroyed in verse 16, the one YOU SAW (Past Tense) in your vision, is Rome now, for Rome is the current headquarters of False Religion. (At John's time)

Sure, she originated in Babylon, thus she is the mother of the Harlot. But it is the Harlot that is judged in Rev. 17, not Babylon. Babylon was just used as a descriptor of the Harlot, as was Mystery, Mother of Harlots and Abomination of the earth. The Harlot is what was Judged. Rev. 17:1...... Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Babylon in chapter 18 is the world being judged by God, the last beast system being destroyed by God. The Harlot is destroyed in Rev. 17:16 and is no more. (False Religion) The City is Rome in verse 18.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 7/14/2016 at 9:51 PM, Spock said:

You are correct, Babylon is not always Babylon, for instance, it stands for the very last Beast System in Rev. 18. God/Jesus could not name the actual country, so He had to use a metaphor, if he named the actual country everyone would know ahead of time. But here is why it can't be America or NYC, at least imho. All of the Kings in Rev. 17 that have ruled and Fallen have one thing in common. This is why the British Empire that ruled 3/4 of the world, nor Chinese Dynasties, nor America count as Beast Systems............None of them enslaved or ruled Israel, while Israel/Jewish peoples were in Israel, the Brits ruled Palestine, but the Jews were scattered all over the world as per the Ezekiel prophecy of Dry Bones. 

So these 7 Kingdoms were (you know 5 have fallen, one is and one is yet to come ) Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome ( and Revived Rome is coming ) All of these BEASTS have this one thing in common, they will have enslaved or conquered Israel. This is why, along with Daniel 7, that I think the Last Beast System will arise out of the European continent. There is just no way I see America ever conquering Israel. We will fall, imho.

This Last Beast System will control all the world, and thus God will destroy the Last Beast System (metaphorically Babylon, the very first Beast in Daniel) And we know God brings Judgments to the whole world at the end, not just one country. All the Earth is Judged, 1/3 of the trees and grasses are burned, etc. etc. Babylon is the World being Judged.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The spiritual Babylon is the system upon which man designed, unbeknownst to him, by Lucifer upon which lie is
first in the foundation of thought... we see it literally first mentioned at Babel. It's foundational lie is that here
is life and one must be consumed upon intense effort to maintain it's keeping till death overcomes. We understand
this as self preservation and considerate it a healthy and rightful place in the design of God... although natural in
everyone~ I believe it to be unhealthy for it elevates the creature instead of The Creator... in the most subtle and
deceitful manner it draws away from life into the death! 

Mt 10:39

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
KJV

Love, Steven

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

12 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

You are correct, Babylon is not always Babylon, for instance, it stands for the very last Beast System in Rev. 18. God/Jesus could not name the actual country, so He had to use a metaphor, if he named the actual country everyone would know ahead of time. But here is why it can't be America or NYC, at least imho. All of the Kings in Rev. 17 that have ruled and Fallen have one thing in common. This is why the British Empire that ruled 3/4 of the world, nor Chinese Dynasties, nor America count as Beast Systems............None of them enslaved or ruled Israel, while Israel/Jewish peoples were in Israel, the Brits ruled Palestine, but the Jews were scattered all over the world as per the Ezekiel prophecy of Dry Bones. 

So these 7 Kingdoms were (you know 5 have fallen, one is and one is yet to come ) Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome ( and Revived Rome is coming ) All of these BEASTS have this one thing in common, they will have enslaved or conquered Israel. This is why, along with Daniel 7, that I think the Last Beast System will arise out of the European continent. There is just no way I see America ever conquering Israel. We will fall, imho.

This Last Beast System will control all the world, and thus God will destroy the Last Beast System (metaphorically Babylon, the very first Beast in Daniel) And we know God brings Judgments to the whole world at the end, not just one country. All the Earth is Judged, 1/3 of the trees and grasses are burned, etc. etc. Babylon is the World being Judged.

No no no, Babylon is not the 8th beast, but rather the prostitute who sits on the beast. 

One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. 2With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Spock said:

No no no, Babylon is not the 8th beast, but rather the prostitute who sits on the beast. 

One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. 2With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”

Hi Spock,

Yes, I agree with you that the prostitute (false religion) is Babylon, as well as the commercial aspect of the global government - merchants of the earth, (Rev. 18: 11) which I believe will all be housed in the city of Babylon.

BTW I am getting some notes together regards the world`s economic system, its infrastructure, (institutions etc) & will include something on NYC.

Have a good day, Marilyn.