IGNORED

An Open Letter to Christians: You’re Hurting Gay People and That Ain’t Right

gerbilwoman

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, TehMill said:

But some have indicated that a homosexual who is saved is a homosexual Christian...no such thing

I do agree with you about that.  :thumpsup:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/14/2016 at 1:10 PM, gerbilgirl said:

I know other Christians who support my view that homosexuality is acceptable.  

Homosexuality will be acceptable just as soon as 2 homosexuals, together,  can reproduce the species.

Till then they are bible reprobates,  unnatural, immoral, and unjustifiable, regarding what is deeded "normal" human behavior = according to God.

Homosexuals do not reproduce, they RECRUIT.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On 23/08/2016 at 5:49 PM, TehMill said:

But some have indicated that a homosexual who is saved is a homosexual Christian...no such thing

Yes there is, but not an unrepentant practicing one.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/23/2016 at 5:07 PM, Behold said:

Homosexuality will be acceptable just as soon as 2 homosexuals, together,  can reproduce the species.

Till then they are bible reprobates,  unnatural, immoral, and unjustifiable, regarding what is deeded "normal" human behavior = according to God.

Homosexuals do not reproduce, they RECRUIT.

What do you mean by recruit?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Hi Gerbilgirl:  I agree with most who say that the Bible does name homosexuality is a sin.   I can't argue with that.   As a compassionate human being, however, I would like to be able to overlook the practice and pretend that it's okay.  I would even like to be able to say that it's ok and to tell gay people "it's ok, God is ok with what you are doing!"  However, who am I to say I know better than God?  And that God's laws no longer matter and aren't applicable today?  I can't!   I'm a mere human and God knew what he was doing when he created the earth and gave us the rules of life. 

I know some gay people will say they have no choice and that they are 'born' that way.... this is the very argument that makes a person feel compassionate and want to just accept the lifestyle.  After all, if they have no choice in the matter, how can we NOT accept them?   Or how could a loving God not accept them?  But the argument is simply not true.  There is NO proof that gay people are born that way.  There is evidence that sometimes gets manipulated and broadcasted in the media as fact, but no real proof.  Here is a paragraph from the American Psychological Institute that actually tells the truth on the subject. 

"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation. " 

Here is the link it came from if you want to look it up. https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/orientation.aspx

So why are some people gay?  Why are some bi?  Transsexual?  Well, as a Christian, I believe that Satan is going to work on our minds where he can find a weak point.  And often it does being in childhood.  And he will be relentless in his attacks.   Although to the one being attacked, it doesn't feel that way at all... It feels natural, like a natural tendency or temptation towards one thing or another.  It doesn't matter what our issue is, we are all driven to sin in some particular fashion.  Sometime Christians are driven to judge... they judge harshly all of the time... They judge the way people dress, the way they smell, the cars they drive, the way they talk, etc, etc, etc.  It's a normal thought pattern that doesn't even feel like sin to them.   They don't even realize they are doing it.   They just  continuously judge and they don't love.  Even though we are supposed to do the very opposite, love and don't judge.   The two never go hand in hand.  If you are loving someone the way Christ wants us to, we simply don't see anything to judge people on. 

About satan working on people's minds toward their harm, here are some extreme examples.  Google "body integrity disorder", where some people are driven to actually cut off their limbs.  They feel that they hate their leg or arm or hand or whatever and want it gone.  Once the limb is gone, they feel better about themselves, but then want to have another body part amputated.  Or check out TLC's My Strange Addiction.   You'll see a grown woman who dresses up like a pony and prances around, or a woman that likes to eat mattresses, another who likes to eat bricks.  Are these strange?  yes, they are, but it just goes to show you that a human can be tempted into believing that something very harmful is actually good for them and very, very desirable to them.   I think it's the same way with gay people...  They've been dwelling on incorrect thinking for such a long time, that it no longer feels like some kind of choice to them.  A great example is a gay Catholic man who wrote an article and talked about how he wasn't sinning because he was celibate.  Well then what makes him gay at all then if he is celibate?  His thoughts!  Why does he keep dwelling on gay thoughts?  We have control over our thoughts.  The Bible says "Take every thought captive that is against the will of God"

Anyway, at the end of the day, although I do my best to love gay people, I could also say to them that God loves them, but I could not say to them "God is ok with what you are doing"..  Overlooking a behavior that is destructive to one's soul and calling it good?  That is not love.  However, no gay person has asked me my opinion on that yet but if they did, I would have to be honest and do it in a very gentle, non judgemental way.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

18 hours ago, Davida said:

Wow artslady - those are some frightening Famous last words you have their in your tag line!  ....should give everyone pause to read them. So sad for them....but Thank you!

Yes, they are.  I used to spend a lot of time talking to the atheists here so I wanted these kinds of words to sink in.  One may fight his or her entire life against God, but when you're on the brink of eternity you may see things different.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, artsylady said:

Yes, they are.  I used to spend a lot of time talking to the atheists here so I wanted these kinds of words to sink in.  One may fight his or her entire life against God, but when you're on the brink of eternity you may see things different.

The noted French atheist, Voltaire, died a frightening death.  When Voltaire felt the stroke that he realized must terminate in death, he was overpowered with remorse. He at once sent for the priest, and wanted to be ‘reconciled with the church.’ His infidel flatterers hastened to his chamber to prevent his recantation; but it was only to witness his ignominy and their own. He cursed them to their faces; and, as his distress was increased by their presence, he repeatedly and loudly exclaimed, ‘Begone! It is you that have brought me to my present condition. Leave me, I say; begone! What a wretched glory is this which you have produced to me!’

Hoping to allay his anguish by a written recantation, he had it prepared, signed it, and saw it witnessed. But it was all unavailing. For two months he was tortured with such an agony as led him at times to gnash his teeth in impotent rage against God and man. At other times in plaintive accents, he would plead, ‘O, Christ! O, Lord Jesus!’ Then, turning his face, he would cry out, ‘I must die-abandoned of God and of men!’

As his end drew near, his condition became so frightful that his infidel associates were afraid to approach his beside. Still they guarded the door, that others might not know how awfully an infidel was compelled to die.

Even his nurse repeatedly said, ‘For all the wealth of Europe I would never see another infidel die.’ It was a scene of horror that lies beyond all exaggeration. Such is the well-attested end of the one who had a natural sovereignty of intellect, excellent education, great wealth, and much earthly honor.

"What did you do to our daughter?" asked a Moslem woman, whose child had died at 16 years of age. "We did nothing," answered the missionary. "Oh, yes, you did," persisted the mother. "She died smiling. Our people do not die like that. " The girl had found Christ and believed on Him a few months before. Fear of death had gone. Hope and joy had taken its place.

"Never did I hear anyone state, "I was undone and an outcast, but I read Thomas Paine's 'Age of Reason' and now I have been saved from the power of sin."

Never did I hear of one who declared, 'I was in darkness and despair and knew not where to turn, until I read Ingersoll's Lectures, and then found peace of heart and solutions to my problems.' 

"Never did I hear an atheist telling that his atheism had been the means by which he had been set free from the bondage of liquor. Never did I learn of anyone who conquered hard drugs by renouncing faith in God. 

"But I have heard many testify that, when as hopeless and helpless sinners, they had turned in their great need to the Son of God and cast themselves upon Him for forgiveness and enabling power to overcome sin—they were given peace of heart and victory over enslaving sin!" Then, turning to the atheist, he said: 

"Who starts the orphanages, the city missions, and the work among the poor? It is the Christians. Who owns and operates the taverns, and manufactures the liquor sold in them? It is the atheists. Who risk their lives to help poor people in mission fields all over the world? It is the Christians. Who runs the abortion mills and the houses of prostitution? It is the atheists. Who are the most solid, kindly, industrious people in the nation? It is the Christians. Who operates the gambling halls and the crime syndicates? It is the atheists.

"Who are the swindlers, bank robbers, and embezzlers? It is the atheists. Who helps men put away their sins, live to bless others, and prepares men for death and eternity? It is the Christians. 

“Yes, professed Christians sometimes do bad things. But it is infrequent enough to be newsworthy. If an atheist does a criminal act, it is to be expected. But if a church leader does it, it will make the headlines, because it is such a rare event. 

"What leads men to throwaway the bottle and stop beating their wives? It is Christianity, not atheism. What saves the wayward girls, the teenage boys, and the rest of us out of lives of sin? It is Christianity, not atheism. 

"Christianity offers eternal happiness that begins now. Atheism can only offer doubt, skepticism, a miserable end, and eternal death." 

Anton LaVey's Last Words – Death Bed Confession.

Howard Stanton Levey (born April 11, 1930, died October 29, 1997), better known as Anton Szandor LaVey was the founder and High Priest of the Church of Satan and author of the Satanic Bible.

Anton LaVey in the end revealed that most of what he claimed in his life was not true. Anton LaVey's last words and deathbed confession quotes are something like: “I was wrong with what I did in this life“. He founded the church of the devil and was a big part of preaching to live in the dark side of life, but in the end, few moments before he died he told in front of the camera that he was fooled by the devil all his life and now he is going to hell.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

You realize some of these never happened? I checked on these quotes long ago.