• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I refuse to blindly obey and follow a pastor just because he is a pastor.

What you are really saying is "I refuse to obey the Word of God". Which is becoming more and more prevalent among Christians today.

Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. (Hebrews 13:17).

Guest Thallasa
On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:27 PM, Out of the Shadows said:

I would never do anything just because my pastor told me to, this is one of the reasons I no longer have a pastor.   Too many pastors misunderstand their role. 

No Wonder dictators can come to power so easily .

Guest Thallasa
14 minutes ago, Ezra said:

What you are really saying is "I refuse to obey the Word of God". Which is becoming more and more prevalent among Christians today.

Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. (Hebrews 13:17).

Who, I Wonder wrote Hebews ?

Guest Thallasa
11 hours ago, Reformed Baptist said:

I am sure such an answer seems quite pious and spiritual, but how far short of the realty of the life God calls us to it falls!

God tells us to submit to many people.

He tells you to submit to your eldership: Hebrews 13:17 Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.

He tells you to submit to your husband (if your married): Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 

He tells you to submit to your parents: Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.

He tells you to submit to your government: Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 

So, if truly one is submitting to God in spiritual matters (or rather all matters) as one should, then one would be in submission to one's eldership (among many others), and rather then publicly complaining about their teaching, if one is uncomfortable with that teaching, one would be approaching them in private to discuss the matter further with them in an attitude of willing submission - that is submitting to God on spiritual matters!  

Well ,  that puts all the souls of Protestants in danger ,as they not only would not submit , but completely tried to destroy the "eldership of  the earlier Church ;went to war on it ,stole the churches etc . 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Who, I Wonder wrote Hebews ?

Probably Paul although there has been some debate over that.

Guest Thallasa
10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Probably Paul although there has been some debate over that.

That was a rhetorical question, as it has been established that Paul did not write it , and personally I do not like Hebrews  - for me it does not ring entirely true .

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.65
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

No Wonder dictators can come to power so easily .

I do not understand what you are trying to say.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

That was a rhetorical question, as it has been established that Paul did not write it , and personally I do not like Hebrews  - for me it does not ring entirely true .

All of the Words of Scripture are true. A person can not take Words or Books of the Bible and be selective and not like it because it is not true. Every single Word of the Bible is God's Word. There has been some question that Timothy wrote it but that is not certain.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, Ezra said:

My pastor is not God.  And the verse you are quoting applies to our laws of government. My pastor is not my ruler. That kind of thinking is the reason why the members of that church the show up at funerals with protest signs. ( why is that every time I post something on here my Christianity ends up being judge) 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/25/1942

On 8/1/2016 at 2:10 PM, LadyKay said:

This  has come up many times over the years in Sunday sermons. Every so often there will be a popular tv show or a new movie ; and it maybe one that the pastor does not approve of. So the pastor brings it up in their sermon that we should not be watching said tv show or said movie. Sometimes they may even give the reason why. Sometimes they just say it is sinful so don't watch it. Now for those of you on here who do watch tv and may go to the movies once in a while; what if the pastor condemned one of your favorite shows or movies? Even though you do not feel it is wrong to watch this show or movie. Would you stop watching it just because your pastor tells you that you shouldn't watch it?

Mixed bag.  If a "pastor" just tells you NOT to watch something just because HE doesn't like it, then he's being a dominating  "Control Freak", and  you probably have no reason to take him seriously.  You might want to ask yourself why you'd even want to be in a church like that.  Shepherds don't "DRIVE" their sheep - they lead 'em.

On the other hand, if the Pastor goes into biblical detail about the show, and fills out WHY he believes it to be NOT edifying, or possibly dangerous spiritually, then maybe what he says should be considered seriously.

Of Course a Christian with a couple of years under their "spiritual Belt" SHOULD HAVE THE SENSE TO KNOW what's "GOOD" to put into our eyes, and ears,  and what's evil, demonic, damagingly sensual, and just plain WRONG.

In MY Experience, there are some shows that "get in your spirit", and are DEEPLY hurtful (Ear worms that won't go away), and damaging to your spiritual wellbeing. 

Rom 14:23

And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Is a good foundational principle.  If you HAVE TO ASK is something is O.K.,  then since you can't do it in FAITH, you already have your answer.

Edited by Bob Carabbio