• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, B3L13v3R said:

The cultic "Christadelphianians" are another heretical group that support the error of "soul sleep."

I thought that there may be a couple others but I did not know who they were :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

22 minutes ago, StanJ said:

Paul does not say that read it again.

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." KJV-- I didnt say we would be in heaven eternally- I know the plan is to return to the new earth

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

54 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." KJV-- I didnt say we would be in heaven eternally- I know the plan is to return to the new earth

This is another typical understanding of trying to interpret 400 year old English with her understanding of modern-day vernacular. What Paul says in modern-day English vernacular in 2 Corinthians 5:8 is;

Thus we are full of courage and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Paul's preference or desire does not teach a fact, it is his preference that he would rather be with the Lord, but that doesn't mean when he dies he will be with the Lord, unless the Lord is in Paradise at that time. 

Edited by StanJ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

27 minutes ago, StanJ said:

What Paul says in modern-day English vernacular

never mind Stan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

1 hour ago, StanJ said:

Deirdre, the Bible doesn't say we go to heaven but it does say on numerous occasions that we are given eternal life if we confess Jesus as their savior an eternal life his life just as we know it except it's eternal and we spend it with God. Revelation 21 shows a cell to my destination and Jesus gave hints to where we would be until he returns. Read Luke 16 and Luke 23.

Okay, thank you. What about this passage though -  21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ (From Matthew)

So confessing isn't enough, by itself...we must live like followers of Christ too.

2 hours ago, woundeddog said:

never mind Stan

No problem. :)

2 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

Okay, thank you. What about this passage though -  21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ (From Matthew)

So confessing isn't enough, by itself...we must live like followers of Christ too.

The kingdom of heaven and Heaven are two different places/things. Heaven is where God is but the Kingdom of Heaven is where True Believers here on earth allow God to rule in their lives. The Book of Matthew is the only New Testament book that uses the term 'Kingdom of Heaven'and it is used 31 times.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

2 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

Matthew: "Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, Lord' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven (compare Kingdom of God in Mark; "they" are identical) but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in Heaven." Where is this Kingdom of Heaven/God? When does this occur? Who is the one? What is the will of the Father in this context?

22 "Many will say to me on that day 'Lord, Lord' did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?" What day is that? And who are the "we" revealed here? 

23 "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' Identify "them". Why are they evil? How is it that God never knew them?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 9/18/2016 at 5:38 PM, *Deidre* said:

Okay, thank you. What about this passage though -  “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ Matthew 25:21-23

:emot-heartbeat:

How Do

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

You Treat His Brothers

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:43-45

The Hated Nation Of Israel And His Beloved, The Jews....

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Luke 22:29-30

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 9/14/2016 at 8:44 PM, Sister said:

We are not aware of time ticking when we are dead, we know nothing....
 When we are awoken, I guess it will just seem as if we took a nap, or blinked an eye....

We will recall our last moments clearly as if it was a second ago....
maybe we won't even know we've been dead....

:sherlock:

Here Is The View Of The Living Toward The Dead

For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten. Ecclesiastes 9:5 (New American Standard Bible)

And God's Take On The Dead

then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7 (New American Standard Bible)

In Christ

we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8 (New American Standard Bible)

~

So, No Rest For The Wicked

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24 (New American Standard Bible)

And No Shame For The

Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves. And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. Matthew 17:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)

Dead In Christ

Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, I will make three tabernacles here, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified. And Jesus came to them and touched them and said, “Get up, and do not be afraid.” And lifting up their eyes, they saw no one except Jesus Himself alone. Matthew 17:4-8 (New American Standard Bible)

~

What~! Does God Fumble....

“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. “I and the Father are one.” John 10:27-30 (New American Standard Bible)

Not A Chance

For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.

It is a trustworthy statement:
            For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him;

If we endure,
            we will also reign with Him;            

If we deny Him, 
            He also will deny us;

If we are faithless,
            He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself
. 2 Timothy 2:10-13 (New American Standard Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament