• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

8 hours ago, artsylady said:

Actually when I talked with atheists here years ago, my list of quotes was larger.  I pared it down way back then due to being unable to prove some of the quotes. 

Well, the reason I mentioned this, is that I have tracked down the Paine quote in the past, and it seemed not to have verifiable or credible sources. Sort of like the bogus "Darwin recanted" story and "Madeline Murray O'Hare wants to shut down Christian TV" rumor. As Christians, we should be all about truth, spreading false information, intentionally or mistakenly, does the cause of Christ more harm than good I think.

In any case, even if it were true that Paine and others said such things, what does that accomplish? Do we suppose that if some famous infidel has a change of heart, that unbelievers will suddenly believe the Gospel? I doubt that will be the case, and would rather that they get the gospel, than see us propagating falsehoods, deceptions, unsubstantiated stories etc.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

To the participants of this thread, if you cannot stay on topic, the thread will be locked from further comments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, the reason I mentioned this, is that I have tracked down the Paine quote in the past, and it seemed not to have verifiable or credible sources. Sort of like the bogus "Darwin recanted" story and "Madeline Murray O'Hare wants to shut down Christian TV" rumor. As Christians, we should be all about truth, spreading false information, intentionally or mistakenly, does the cause of Christ more harm than good I think.

In any case, even if it were true that Paine and others said such things, what does that accomplish? Do we suppose that if some famous infidel has a change of heart, that unbelievers will suddenly believe the Gospel? I doubt that will be the case, and would rather that they get the gospel, than see us propagating falsehoods, deceptions, unsubstantiated stories etc.

It is hard to prove quotes, especially from that far back. I do think that on the brink of death, people DO come to Christ. I've certainly heard of this from friends and family that I know personally.   But, maybe you are right.  I'll just delete.  If I can figure out how. :o Been a long time.  :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Also, if you are concerned with causes like the mistreatment of others, consider making that a prayer request in the prayer area of this forum.

Done!  I just wanted Christians to know what was going on because the media isn't really covering it.   People can decide to be concerned and pray or to turn a blind eye and ignore it. Love to all and God's blessing to all.  :emot-heartbeat: