• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  279
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1965

For many years in school, story books from story tellers the earth is referred to as mother earth. I don't think that there was any ill reference when it was mentioned this way. God gave us the earth as a place to live and receive our physical sustenance. We should take care of it, not destroy it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Speaking of earth.. I thought i remembered reading in the bible somewhere that, "the earth shall heal all wounds". I tried looking up that passage in an online bible and i did'nt find it. Anyone else ever heard that??? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Speaking of earth..  I thought i remembered reading in the bible somewhere that, "the earth shall heal all wounds".  I tried looking up that passage in an online bible and i did'nt find it.  Anyone else ever heard that??? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try a wiccan bible, you'll find it there according to some wiccans I have heard on late night radio programs that do interviews with book authors.

On second thought you most likely will find a lot of other confusion there so it might not be a good place to be looking around.

se

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Start by refraining from calling it "Mother".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was a little trite, doncha' think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quot

Yeah I agree.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

it was just a general term, im not a new age believer, im a christian, even if i do offer differant opinions to that of a more steryotypical christian, i dont mean to offend anyone by that statement, as i didnt by saying "mother earth" its just ive been reading a lot about global warming and stuff, and wondered waht the bible had to say on the issue that was all

love paul

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 Peter 3:10-13

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

KJV

2 Peter 3:9-13

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. 11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

NASB

At this point in history, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Looks like we are just going to trash it and start all over again. It is a real shame that it has come down to this..... it really didn't have to.

se

Guest Thomas I believe
The Lord gave us all things on the earth to use, to care for, not to misuse. But man, being the sinful creature that he is, has chosen to abuse it. Im a born again Christian and an environmentalist. This is not incompatible.

Earth is not mother. Earth is a creation of God, nothing more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen !!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Mother earth, brother sun, sister moon, are nothing more than figure's of speech. St. Francis of Assisi used them.

It is from a deep love for God, which inspired such words. Seeing God in everything created and knowing that we creatures are part of that creation, is what Francis understood. It is said that he once picked up a handful of dirt in his hand and stated, " I can feel the pulse of God, in this."

Being united to God, unite's us to everything that God is and God is love.

I guess it's much the same as when your child gives you a drawing that they've done. When you look at the drawing, you feel the love of the and love for the child.

So, when you look at God's creation, you feel the love of God and love for God.

For those who love God, I don't see how you could miss such a thing?

God can not be grasped, except through love.