• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, other one said:

depends on where you live......  in my case it can be a daily task....   and it's aggravated because we are gone so much.

Did not Jesus warn us of this?

Matthew 6:19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal

So if you are going to have valuable things there is a risk. Everyone who comes into your house or garage including repair people or people who are going to move you are very aware of what you have. No one can be trusted. I have had some pretty shady guys moving me. I have moved 5 times in 10 years. A person keeps their doors locked at all times and their windows locked. If they are able a security alarm is a good choice if a person has valuables.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Matthew 6:19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal

So if you are going to have valuable things there is a risk. Everyone who comes into your house or garage including repair people or people who are going to move you are very aware of what you have. No one can be trusted. I have had some pretty shady guys moving me. I have moved 5 times in 10 years. A person keeps their doors locked at all times and their windows locked. If they are able a security alarm is a good choice if a person has valuables.

So what are you living on financially.....   and how do you get on the internet?   do you have a tv?   an air conditioner.      Should I despose of the
RV my parents gave us the money for while we were younger and could take trips with our kids.

We don't have a big treasure, but even Peter had a boat....

I think you are abusing that particular piece of scripture for a Meth head would steal the food off your plate while you were eating if given the chance.

3 minutes ago, other one said:

So what are you living on financially.....   and how do you get on the internet?   do you have a tv?   an air conditioner.      Should I despose of the
RV my parents gave us the money for while we were younger and could take trips with our kids.

We don't have a big treasure, but even Peter had a boat....

I think you are abusing that particular piece of scripture for a Meth head would steal the food off your plate while you were eating if given the chance.

"So what are you living on financially"

I am retired oo on a fixed income.

"and how do you get on the internet?" 

Just like anyone else. I turn on my computer and get on the internet.My computer is ancient.

"do you have a tv?"

No I do not have a television

"an air conditioner"

No

Whatever you have is your choice oo. My prayers are with those Meth heads and may their hearts be opened to Jesus Christ and that they will ask Jesus Christ into their lives. That they will be cured of their addiction.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

What is "valuable"?  Is a computer valuable?  or cell phone?  or dishes?   Seems you are advocating having nothing at all. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Just now, RobertS said:

*Robert holds his hot fudge sundae closely*

Sharesies.

2 minutes ago, RobertS said:

I thought you were the sharing type!  :P

11 minutes ago, RobertS said:

:24:

18 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

What is "valuable"?  Is a computer valuable?  or cell phone?  or dishes?   Seems you are advocating having nothing at all. 

What is really valuable is a matter of perspective. I may not have any material valuable possessions but my son and I pray daily for all of the Blessings that the Lord has given us. :)

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

What is really valuable is a matter of perspective. I may not have any material valuable possessions but my son and I pray daily for all of the Blessings that the Lord has given us. :)

Very true, it is all a matter of perspective.  God has blessed me and my family more than I could have ever imagined and my wife and I also pray daily to thank Him for his blessings.