• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.65
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Salty said:

When Gen.6 said "also after that", it's pointing to a second irruption of the angels mating with the daughters of men to produce the giants that were present after the flood. The flood of Noah's day did literally wipe out the first irruption of giants.

There is no scripture evidence of a second wave of angels mating with human females.

13 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

Not referring to Gen. 6:4

No one can prove what language was used by Adam.  Many assume he gave this intel.

Too many articles to list on it and just to be clear, I realize I do not have a quote to back up what I am relaying about Gen 6:2.  

Just saying they are referring to two different events/occasions/circumstances.

Fallen ones (aka nephilim) has different interpretations*.

Genesis is a condensed version of events.

*https://carm.org/what-are-nephilim

""The term [Nephilim, Giants] in Hebrew implies not so much the idea of great stature as of reckless ferocity, impious and daring characters, who spread devastation and carnage far and wide."4"

The Nephilim are also mentioned in the Book of Numbers.

Numbers 13:33
"There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight."

Other scriptures include:

Deuteronomy 2:20,21

(That also was accounted a land of giants: giants dwelled therein …

Deuteronomy 3:11

For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold …

1 Samuel 17:4

And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, …

2 Samuel 21:15-22

Moreover the Philistines had yet war again with Israel; and David …

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

7 hours ago, eileenhat said:

No generational sins.

Just means righteous.

Walked with God....is plainly written.

It doesn't describe him as being genetically manipulated (hybrid).

Nor as a giant (who from what is written about them followed Satan earnestly).

I don't think anybody claimed that Noah was a hybrid. They are actually claiming that he wasn't a hybrid (unlike some others).

5 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

There is no scripture evidence of a second wave of angels mating with human females.

There is a possibility that the second wave of giants came from the corrupted blood of Noah's son's wives.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

15 hours ago, Salty said:

You didn't even bother to look up the Hebrew, which shows what? It tells me you're not interested in what the Scripture actual is teaching, but instead are bent on disagreement.

Don't post to me anymore, or I will report you for harassment.

Salty was banned from the thread for this comment - this is a very good example of getting personal over a disagreement in a thread (i.e. what not to do).

13 hours ago, OakWood said:

There is a possibility that the second wave of giants came from the corrupted blood of Noah's son's wives.

That would contaminate the bloodline to Jesus, at least potentially.  It's unlikely they would have been spared if their blood was tainted with the Nephilim.  What would be the purpose of Noah's Flood?  At least, that's my opinion and I don't see any supporting scriptures to support Noah's son's wives being from a corrupted bloodline.

4 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

That would contaminate the bloodline to Jesus, at least potentially.  It's unlikely they would have been spared if their blood was tainted with the Nephilim.  What would be the purpose of Noah's Flood?  At least, that's my opinion and I don't see any supporting scriptures to support Noah's son's wives being from a corrupted bloodline.

There are no scriptures supporting it which is why I claimed it was a possibility, not a given fact, because no scriptures deny it either.

You see, it's possible that God knew there were traces of the defective hybrid gene left in mankind (from one of the wives) but he allowed this to occur as it was only a very remote chance occurrence that the gene would be passed on and any instances where it did get passed on could be carefully managed so as to make the gene eventually become extinct altogether. This management involved careful 'pruning' which is why occasionally the Hebrews were commanded to kill any nephilim who did reappear.

The only reason I suggest this possibility is because if the fallen angels did keep on mating with human women, they could make this hybrid gene reappear at anytime with every new incident that they had indulged in their forbidden sexual relations. So maybe God did everything that he could to stop the angels from misbehaving again and then later took care of anybody who passed the existing gene on after the flood.

Just a thought. But it's only speculation as I really can't say with any certainty.

As for the re-occurrence of nephilim today, maybe the angels are up to their mischief again.

29 minutes ago, OakWood said:

There are no scriptures supporting it which is why I claimed it was a possibility, not a given fact, because no scriptures deny it either.

You see, it's possible that God knew there were traces of the defective hybrid gene left in mankind (from one of the wives) but he allowed this to occur as it was only a very remote chance occurrence that the gene would be passed on and any instances where it did get passed on could be carefully managed so as to make the gene eventually become extinct altogether. This management involved careful 'pruning' which is why occasionally the Hebrews were commanded to kill any nephilim who did reappear.

The only reason I suggest this possibility is because if the fallen angels did keep on mating with human women, they could make this hybrid gene reappear at anytime with every new incident that they had indulged in their forbidden sexual relations. So maybe God did everything that he could to stop the angels from misbehaving again and then later took care of anybody who passed the existing gene on after the flood.

Just a thought. But it's only speculation as I really can't say with any certainty.

As for the re-occurrence of nephilim today, maybe the angels are up to their mischief again.

That's more speculation than I'm willing to accept and it seems to call into question the texts from Peter and Jude mentioned earlier.  I believe God is sovereign and knew how to deal with the problem.  He is outside of time as He is the Alpha and Omega, seeing the beginning and the end from His vantage point.

26 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

That's more speculation than I'm willing to accept and it seems to call into question the texts from Peter and Jude mentioned earlier.  I believe God is sovereign and knew how to deal with the problem.  He is outside of time as He is the Alpha and Omega, seeing the beginning and the end from His vantage point.

I'm frankly not interested in what you're willing to accept or not accept. I didn't write my post for your approval. I've already claimed it was only speculation. If you don't like speculation then don't get involved with threads where people speculate.

And if God has dealt with the problem then there are no more nephilim and no nephilim occurred after the flood, and there were no giants including Goliath who according to your theory didn't exist!

God after all is the Alpha and the Omega, so everything is fine, has always been fine and always will be fine.

2 hours ago, OakWood said:

God does not take chances or believe in luck.  God is sovereign.  There's a clear-cut, Biblical answer to Genesis 6:1-4, but no one has suggested it yet.  I'll give you several hints: the fallen angels are immortal; their offspring are not; and the angels that have left their natural place were cast down into Tartarus by God; and lastly, Noah's family was genetically unblemished and righteous (Genesis 6:8-9; Hebrews 11:7; 2 Peter 2:5, etc.)