• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings again Ezra,

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

Since God spoke to Ezekiel during those *visions* it should be evident that these were the real cherubim accompanying the LORD, and the apostle John also saw the real cherubim surrounding God's throne in Heaven.

Yes I agree that God spoke to Ezekiel, but I also believe that an Angel represented God and spoke on His behalf as on many other occasions. The picture supplied above is interesting as it gives a realistic assessment of one being, but having the heads of four different beings, a lion, an ox, an eagle and a man. In Ezekiel 1 there is an overall picture though, and it seems to indicate that there are four of these composite Cherubim, each with their wings outstretched and touching each other’s wings. There are also accompanying rings or wheels, and there is above, in the centre, a likeness of a throne and the likeness of a man upon the throne, and his appearance was associated with fire. The Cherubim are also active, as if going on a mission and returning. They are living creatures, and the overall vision was like a stormy wind or whirlwind at first sight. 

Later on in the prophecy the Cherubim become active in judging the city of Jerusalem and accompany the glory or the Shekinah Glory out of the Most Holy Place because of the apostasy of Judah. I suggest that all this is symbolic, revealed to Ezekiel, but outworked in the destruction of the Temple by Nebuchadnezzar.

Kind regards
Trevor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,530
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting observations TrevorL.

Most symbolism can be interpreted in the Bible by comparing scripture to scripture, or somewhere else in the Bible. This seems to be especially true, the New Testament explains the Old Testament. 

The symbolism in Revelation can be interpreted elsewhere in Revelation, or other places in the Bible such as Daniel, and vice versa. But I can find no place in the Bible that explains if the four heads of the Cherubim are representations, symbolic or figurative? The rule of thumb is, the Bible is not taken literally enough.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Wouldn't it have been nice if God had allowed the Prophets to draw pictures of what they saw and witnessed?  I know there is a very good reason why not, I'm thinking it might not be possible for man to capture the glory of these beings in picture form? Or it's not for our purpose to know at this time, but someday.

Edited by Dennis1209

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/7/2016 at 10:47 AM, Yowm said:

I can't but I put no credence in natural explanations of supernatural entities. I remember a while back some where saying the locusts in Revelation were possibly some type of Huey Copters...really now?

And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
(Rev 9:3-10)

Problem is, these come out of the same bottomless pit as the destroyer Apollyon...so go figure.

And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
(Rev 9:2)
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
(Rev 9:11)

Yes I have a friend who believes the locus are helicopters. I find it amazing how anyone can believe such things, since the Bible is clear they have tails that will sting and put people in torment for five months.  How on earth do helicopters do that?

All they have to do is read, It's very clear.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

This is how I look at it. In this vision that John saw in the Book of Revelation of course he did not know what a helicopter looked like. He might look at a Locus and from what he knew in his time this is the only realization he could come up with for what is the future. That is just my speculation.

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

This is how I look at it. In this vision that John saw in the Book of Revelation of course he did not know what a helicopter looked like. He might look at a Locus and from what he knew in his time this is the only realization he could come up with for what is the future. That is just my speculation.

The word of God says LOCUS and that is what they are.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,150
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

I hear many many people interpret these passages as being Johns explanation & description o f what he saw in his Vision.....so then it is being interpreted at "literal" & not symbolic,,,,,,so if we are to believe that what is Written is the Inspired God Breathed Word,,,why then would God describe such things this way,surely God knows w4hat a helicopter is?

I too,once though that way because it made sense to me,it seemed a very logical explanation for things  that sounded outrageous & not of this world,unlike anything John could compare therm to,,,,,I suppose one day I simply relinquished all of me & then I simply,very SIMPLY started to see things very differently     

DUPLICATE

Edited by Dennis1209
duplicate

4 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Yes I have a friend who believes the locus are helicopters. I find it amazing how anyone can believe such things, since the Bible is clear they have tails that will sting and put people in torment for five months.  How on earth do helicopters do that?

All they have to do is read, It's very clear.

I use to do that... LOL

UH-1C Huey Gunship.jpg

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,150
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

On the bottom......."options",click on that & "voila"    

I love the dove on it.  It would tend to make you want to have peace to see that thing screaming down on you!!!