ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,780
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  58

This is pretty bad. Veterans get crushed by debt the feds now claim is owed them. 

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-national-guard-bonus-20161020-snap-story.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.98
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Unreal. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.74
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The Gov't needs to go after CA, not the Vets.  The State of CA needs to pay back the money.

I agree they do, but legally they are not allowed to. I have seen incidents this before, though not on this scale.  I believe it would take congress changing the law for someone else to be able to pay it back for them.

Guest shiloh357
19 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I agree they do, but legally they are not allowed to. I have seen incidents this before, though not on this scale.  I believe it would take congress changing the law for someone else to be able to pay it back for them.

What gets me is that it is Pentagon making this demand.  I could understand some civilian Bureaucrat doing this.   But you would think that the Pentagon, more than any other government agency, would be sympathetic to these enlisted men, who are not rich, who took those bonuses in good faith, fulfilled their end of the deal and probably were injured in the process if they saw any action,  or probably used the money to pay the bills for the birth of a child, or put the money down on a house for their family, or some other important needs.  That money is spent.   You would think the Pentagon would say, "let's just eat this and not do this to our guys who served."

The law needs to be changed. This is just disgraceful.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

What gets me is that it is Pentagon making this demand.  I could understand some civilian Bureaucrat doing this.   But you would think that the Pentagon, more than any other government agency, would be sympathetic to these enlisted men, who are not rich, who took those bonuses in good faith, fulfilled their end of the deal and probably were injured in the process if they saw any action,  or probably used the money to pay the bills for the birth of a child, or put the money down on a house for their family, or some other important needs.  That money is spent.   You would think the Pentagon would say, "let's just eat this and not do this to our guys who served."

The law needs to be changed. This is just disgraceful.

I agree the laws need to be changed, but I am not even sure that the pentagon can just say "well, forget about it".  Maybe now with all the publicity something will change.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

they should take the military to court to make up the income they would have been able to earn if they had not stayed in the military....    the military is guilty of fraud in getting them to re enlist.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,780
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Let us hope the two parties can put aside partisan differences long enough to fix this.