• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Gerbilgirl

You've gotten some really good replies,so tell us how you are doing.....any better? You do sound like you are in a much better place dear one......Love ,Kwik

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

4 hours ago, gerbilgirl said:

So since basically everyone sins you think everyone but a few people are going to hell?

You'd have to define "few," but I would say yes. The Bible is pretty clear about it.

Romans 3:23 -  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Matthew 7:13-14 -  "Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a]that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Matthew 7:21-23 - “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

So yes, everyone sins and most people are going to hell. That last passage should be especially chilling and sobering; there are plenty of people who think they are going to heaven, people who look like they're Christians, talk like it, go to church every week, volunteer, people who "do mighty works in (His) name"...... but they will be cast into hell at the time of judgement. God will call them "workers of lawlessness."

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Gerbilgirl

You've gotten some really good replies,so tell us how you are doing.....any better? You do sound like you are in a much better place dear one......Love ,Kwik

Always in a better place when you rest in the Father!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

God is endlessly patient and loves all of His creations.  Think about it; if He was quick to  anger, mankind would have been toast a long time ago!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you everyone!  I'm still a bit confused with my faith kwik.  Thanks for checking up on me.  

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Dear one.....Of course I'm gonna check up on you!!!!!!I think of you often & you remain in my prayers,,,,we have to get you onto, solid ground,in Jesus Name.....

gerbilgirl,I really am asking you to read the Book of John,read it over & over ,asking Jesus to walk you through His Love letter to YOU.....you see,if you become secure in the Knowledge,the Understanding ,His Blessed Assurance of just HOW MUCH HE really Loves YOU......well,that is the hear of the matter....& everything starts to sink in

So happy to see you                                                                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 10/23/2016 at 2:31 PM, gerbilgirl said:

I took a Christian-based medieval times religion class in college and seem to be stuck on some of the beliefs that God gets angry easily and hates me and that I must be going to hell for some little sin I committed.  This isn't true, is it?

Dear sister Gerbilgirl,

Grace and mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

First of all, I perceive that you are misunderstanding the God’s justice. If this serves of solace, you aren’t the first. Many God’s servants also questioned this (for example: Job 23.2-7; Psalms 73; Isaiah 49.4; Jeremiah 15.15-18; Habakkuk 1.2-4,12-17), as well as the people of Israel (Ezekiel 18.25,29; Malachi 3.13-15). I intend to post an article that I wrote about this. As it is very big (twelve pages), I will have that divide it in various posts.

When it is ready, I will notify you (if you to wish, I can send a copy for e-mail, for thus you will can read it integrally, in the wholeness).

By now, answering your question, I say you: if God get angry easily, we wouldn’t be here to talk about this. The world wouldn’t exist more.

It there are moments that I wonder: “It will be that the Noah’s days were worse than our days? With so much injustice, oppression, violence, drugs, etc., I’m amazed at the greatness of the grace, mercy and goodness of the Eternal.

In relation to going to the hell, this wasn’t related with the sin itself. By way of explanation, it doesn’t the sin that lead us to the hell; instead of this, it is the fact of someone to be separated of Jesus (and, thereby, condemned to the hell – see Romans 8.5-9) that lead us to sin.

In other words, the question isn’t to grapple against the sin (MUCH LESS IGNORE IT, AS IF TO SIN WAS SOMETHING NORMAL. IT’S NOT!!! SEE 1John 3.5-9; 5.18).

What we ought to do is “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4.16 - ESV). Only in this intimacy with Jesus His goodness and mercy will may follow us forever (Psalms 23.6) and able us to eat our true food in the presence of our enemies (Psalms 23.5).

Thus, no matter how many have been your sins, neither how grievous they are, where sin abounded, grace did much more abound (Romans 5.20). The love covereth all sins (Proverbs 10.12). The love is stronger than the death (join Song 8.6 with Hebrews 2.14,15 and 1John 4.8,16).

·         “So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where [ is ] thy sting? O grave, where [ is ] thy victory. The sting of death [ is ] sin; and the strength of sin [ is ] the law. But thanks [ be ] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1Corinthians 15.54-57).

Note that Jesus “give us” (present, and not “will give us”, future) the victory. To be more exact: no matter how low we had already sunk. Even though we have gotten down to hell, still there Jesus will be with us and will can take us away if we to allow:

·         “And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, [ and ] thou heardest my voice.” (Jonah 2.2)

·         “Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.” (Psalms 130.1).

·         “I ascend up into heaven, thou [ art ] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [ art there ]. [ If ] I take the wings of the morning, [ and ] dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.” (Psalms 139.8-10).

Don’t matter how many times you erred. If we cry to Jesus and accept His called to our lives (instead of following our own ways, which, according to the Sacred Scripture, only there is wasting and destruction – Isaiah 59.7,8; Romans 3.16-17), we can live free of the sin and its curses.

Finally, with all good things in the world, why do we have to fix our eyes in a few bad things that come to us? See:

·         “He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.” (Psalms 33.5).

·         “Many, O LORD my God, [ are ] thy wonderful works [ which ] thou hast done, and thy thoughts [ which are ] to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: [ if ] I would declare and speak [ of them ], they are more than can be numbered.” (Psalms 40.5).

·         “Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, [ bless ] his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:” (Psalms 103.1,2).

Thus, let’s buy of Jesus eye salve to anoint our eyes so that we may see all His wonders in our lives (Revelation 3.18).

May Jesus solace you in His truth and love (2Corinthians 1.3-6).

·         “[ I had fainted ], unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” (Psalms 27.13,14).

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Does God get angry easily?

~

No

And I said, "My strength and my hope has perished from the LORD."

Remember my affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.

My soul considers them, and is depressed. Lamentations 3:18-20  (New Heart English Bible)

Way

But this I call to my mind; therefore I have hope:

The LORD's faithful love does not cease; his compassion does not fail.

They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." Lamentations 3:21:24  (New Heart English Bible)

But The Way

Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14:6 (New Living Translation)

Of The Messiah

Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. John 16:24 (English Standard Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/24/2016 at 9:30 PM, MorningGlory said:

God is endlessly patient and loves all of His creations.  Think about it; if He was quick to  anger, mankind would have been toast a long time ago!

LOL amen MG some of us faster then others!:24: :73_73: