• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Yes, the guilt can be an immense weight, I wonder if God wants us to continually feel this guilt, or understand His love?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/16/1990

That's all it could possibly be...

I'm sorry, what is all it could possibly be?  Guilt or God's love?

I'm still thinking on what you asked, when you said what are some ways you all have gotten a better grasp, and a recent reading in Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest came to mind that I had been mulling over:  "The modern view of the death of Jesus is that He died for our sins out of sympathy for us. Yet the New Testament view is that He took our sin on Himself not because of sympathy, but because of His identification with us. He was “made…to be sin….” Our sins are removed because of the death of Jesus, and the only explanation for His death is His obedience to His Father, not His sympathy for us. We are acceptable to God not because we have obeyed, nor because we have promised to give up things, but because of the death of Christ, and for no other reason. We say that Jesus Christ came to reveal the fatherhood and the lovingkindness of God, but the New Testament says that He came to take “away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29). And the revealing of the fatherhood of God is only to those to whom Jesus has been introduced as Savior."

Oswald is saying Jesus died not out of sympathy, but out of obedience to His Father.  Phil 2:7-8  

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

I guess to me, this all points to how great our Father's love for us is.  Unimaginable!  Unfathomable!  And undeserved, yet He still loves us!  Who are you Amanda?  You are loved by the One True Creator!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

There is a number of chalenging things in my reading from Mark - chapter 2 and 3: Forgivenes did not mach with – what scibs thought.

Preparing a feast for Matthew – His diciple … he joined with all those that had bad reputation. Again scribes argued against him.

A widow was helped – by resurecting her only son – my reading in Luke 7. Than a storie follows with an example to Simon: „How do you think has shown more love?“ (See Luke 7. 42) where it says: they had nothing to pay (in return). That may – transform to willingly love.

But than – let me find a new line of thought: HE sat down – in heaven. Jesus had actually done the job. He – as sitting there - is the verry sign that makes us shure that the holy Spirit is send upon us. It is also for this second part- that I learn to look for.

A Working in us – than letting us together learn – that HE is actually starting to use us more and more.

White garments for a purpose. So he can bring in his Thruth, the Word, forgiveness – He create love within us.

Let us look up and lift the head high – lifted and joined for good things. SEE that he starts doing more and more the things – that bible teaches He will do. In us and through us also.