IGNORED

What should I do if my love for Jesus ended?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi!

What should I do if my love for Jesus cooled down already months ago 2 or 3 weeks ago it ended completely and I have no intention to repent of it? I dont feel any calling from got (to repent or to turn to Him), I have prayed, but nothing. When I sin I dont feel guilt. I have no motivation to go back to God. Sometimes I wish He would be part of my life but then He doesnt answer me. I have experienced so many disappointments that I am not capable of expecting anything good out of Him or prayer answers even if I sometimes want to hope well of Him. I asked 2 people to pray for me with short time interval. They did it fervently. They prayed that God would reveal Him and His love for me and blah blah blah, but after that I was as cold as before. When I go to small group or youth night I get bored because I feel that I have to waste my time on listening lies. Because I have been Christian for years now and I know that God's love and care and prayer answers are only nice theory in Bible but I have never experienced or felt that in any way. I have had one sided love with Jesus - I have loved Him all these years with out getting any love back in return, and that has now ended. What should I do now? Btw there is no point in praying for me because I can tell it from years of experience that God doe not answer these. I have wasted my time and you would waste yours also.

By the way, it it true that those who commit suicide will go to hell or can this sin also be forgiven as any other sin?

Edited by LPTSTR

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

What should I do if my love for Jesus cooled down already months ago 2 or 3 weeks ago it ended completely and I have no intention to repent of it? I dont feel any calling from got (to repent or to turn to Him), I have prayed, but nothing. When I sin I dont feel guilt. I have no motivation to go back to God. Sometimes I wish He would be part of my life but then He doesnt answer me. I have experienced so many disappointments that I am not capable of expecting anything good out of Him or prayer answers even if I sometimes want to hope well of Him. I asked 2 people to pray for me with short time interval. They did it fervently. They prayed that God would reveal Him and His love for me and blah blah blah, but after that I was as cold as before. When I go to small group or youth night I get bored because I feel that I have to waste my time on listening lies. Because I have been Christian for years now and I know that God's love and care and prayer answers are only nice theory in Bible but I have never experienced or felt that in any way. I have had one sided love with God - I have loved him all these years with out getting any love back in return, and that has now ended. What should I do now? Btw there is no point in praying for me because I can tell it from years of experience that God doe not answer these. I have wasted my time and you would waste yours also.

Btw, it it true that those who commit suicide will go to hell or can this sin also be forgiven as any other sin?

Maybe you never did totally give your heart to God in the first place. God loves you. You might want to ask Jesus Christ into your life and ask for forgiveness of your sins. Then you have to give your whole self to Christ. Have a daily relationship with Him, read your Bible everyday. What kind of things are you praying to God? What kind of an answer did you expect? It does not sound like you are very sincere in your walk with God. Everyone has to make a choice in their life. You either spend an eternity in heaven or you spend an eternity in hell.

I felt that the love was one-sided for many years too. I loved God, but I really didn't see much evidence of His love for me.

I was "saved" (well, coerced into it) in 1976, and for a lot of years did not live much of a Godly life. At times I turned my back completely on Him, living only for my selfish pleasure. I did feel guilt in sin though, but I pushed it to the back of my mind, or tried to anyway. Folks prayed with me/for me too. I have spirit filled pastors in my family, and they cried out to God on my behalf for years, to turn back to His ways.

It finally worked. I wasn't even looking for God...well, I guess you could say I was lukewarm in my walk, but I still felt like He was a million miles away with better things to do than answer my prayers. Through a series of odd circumstances, I have been turned back to Him, my faith is renewed, I got called to the ministry and I'm now on a path of helping others.

Believe it or not, I'm even getting prayers answered now, and seeing real life miracles happen! What does it take to get to this point? I don't have a real cut & dry answer for you.

What I do know is that the Word of God is 100% true - His word does not change, and we have to take Him at His word. For me, the "right" people had to cross my path - God used these people, who I had never met, to reach me and turn me around.

I pray that God will soften your heart, as he did mine. I am totally restored spiritually, and I feel more loved and freedom, than I have for years.

God Bless.

Many people who were saved at a young age loose their closeness to GOD and turn their backs on Him for a period of time. But, I will bet that you will be back when you get older.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Did anyone notice the sentence in tiny print at the end? 

By the way, it it true that those who commit suicide will go to hell or can this sin also be forgiven as any other sin?

Are you thinking about suicide?

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

You think your love for God was one sided?  How did you show love for God?  He demonstrated His love for you in that while you were yet a dirty rotten sinner, Christ died for you!   Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.  God did that for you and you aren't even His friend. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Did anyone notice the sentence in tiny print at the end? 

Are you thinking about suicide?

It looks like the person deleted it. Sometimes people who make these threats are no danger at all. They are just calling out for help. It is the ones that you have no clue about that are the dangerous ones.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Maybe you never did totally give your heart to God in the first place. God loves you. You might want to ask Jesus Christ into your life and ask for forgiveness of your sins. Then you have to give your whole self to Christ. Have a daily relationship with Him, read your Bible everyday. What kind of things are you praying to God? What kind of an answer did you expect? It does not sound like you are very sincere in your walk with God. Everyone has to make a choice in their life. You either spend an eternity in heaven or you spend an eternity in hell.

That is what I was thinking.  When we give ourselves to Christ it has to be with everything in us.  

It should frighten you to know that you feel no guilt or any urge to repent.  I would just go before God and totally give myself over to Him.

What missmuffet said should make you think.  You are going to spend eternity somewhere.  Either in Heaven or Hell.  Hell is very real and it is a horrible place.  There is no way out and eternity is a long time in a place the Bible calls outer darkness, and a place of torment.  Think about eternity, never ending, NEVER.  I believe you will be tormented not only by the flames and all the other things that are there but also by your thoughts of all the times you rejected a way out.  Think about it.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It looks like the person deleted it. Sometimes people who make these threats are no danger at all. They are just calling out for help. It is the ones that you have no clue about that are the dangerous ones.

Its still there bo. Highlight the entire post. Its in white font at the very bottom. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Its still there bo. Highlight the entire post. Its in white font at the very bottom. 

So in other words I just answered a thread from someone who is no longer here?  Why do I do that?