• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, COGTHW said:

I'm not having dialogue with you because you don't even believe that God can save.

First of COGTHW you do not understand what salvation is. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God lest any man should boast. KJV". So first of it is trusting in the saving work of Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross. Baptism does not save. Baptism is a symbol of the believers salvation in front of other believers. It is done in obedience to Christ after salvation. It does not save and you cannot trust in baptism for your salvation. 

You quote basically says that you are not looking for the truth but instead are trying to stir up strife. I can guarantee you COGTHW that if you want to go this route I will play along, not so that we can argue, but that you will know the truth that can set your free from sin.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/23/1995

You are saved by water baptism. The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 1 Peter 3:21

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/09/1985

Acts 16:29-31King James Version (KJV)

29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

When we believe we are saved. 

John 3:16King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Once again, belief in Jesus Christ is what saves us, no?  I belive that the baptism is a statement of faith, that we chose to follow Jesus, but as Shiloh put it, if we die before we are baptized, but yet confesses Christ, Jesus as our saviour, are we still condemned?

Romans 10:9King James Version (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

1 minute ago, COGTHW said:

You are saved by water baptism. The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 1 Peter 3:21

COGTHW first off I think you are misquoting this scripture which I will address. What you have done is taken a scripture out of context and then created a whole doctrine on this one verse. This creates a very dangerous teaching that is in clear contradiction of scripture. Here is where you miss the boat on this passage. It is the word, Figure. The word figure here means a symbol or a picture. Baptism is only a symbol nothing more. 

I would also like to suggest that you read John 3:16, Romans 10:9, Ephesians 2:8-9 and you will find that nowhere in scripture does salvation required baptism. 

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. ; Acts 2:38 then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

13 minutes ago, COGTHW said:

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. Colossians 2:12 bible say baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

It is one big sentence by Paul. You have taken one part of it to impose water baptism. Just before that Paul is talking about being circumcised by Christ. And immediately followed by that, he is talking about baptism. Why would Paul talk about a symbolic truth followed by a literal physical activity? Just few verses back, he destroys the notion you are raising by saying this - "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ"

11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh[b] was put off when you were circumcised by[c] Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Let Us Not Forsake The Old Way. 'And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.' Acts 22:16

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/09/1985

Romans 10:9-11King James Version (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:5

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Just now, Yowm said:

The Old Way same as the New Way...John 14:6 KJVS
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Agreed. I have no idea what this person is trying to discuss. I don't thing there was ever a path to heaven under the old testament. If I'm wrong, please correct me because I am far from a Biblical authority, but Jesus dieing on the cross was the only thing that completes the connection severed by Adam and Eve, so long ago.