• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

i dont know if this helps but its kind of like this i think...lets say the usa was only 2 states...Maryland and Georgia...let say Maryland had 9 million people and stood for 9 electoral votes and lets say Georgia had 8 million people and stood for 8 electorial vote...    ok lets say 5 million voted for trump in maryland and 4 million for hillary.....and in Georgia 7 million voted for hillary and 1 million for trump...trump would win because he won more votes in maryland and got the 9 electoral votes to her 8 by winning georgia...but she would win popular vote because the TOTAL vote count would be 11million for hillary and only 6 million for trump...

12 hours ago, full goespel said:

I think satan is working agaisnt you not your size. This is simple stuff really basic man come on.

While Satan is behind the scenes, the problem is that Scripture also tells us that the "old man" or "the flesh" is what gives us a large part of our problems. its all too easy to blame it on the devil and not admit that we humans really are our own worst enemy. Just as Satan didn't force Adam or Eve to take the fruit from the tree in the Garden, he also doesn't have to do all that much to get people to do what he wants.

I think you're severely underestimating human wickedness and evil here, and that is a bad mistake. As we see in the Millennial Kingdom in Scripture, the last rebellion against God isn't because Satan caused them to turn on the Lord; the seeds were already in their hearts. And that is where the problem in all Dispensations has been, including this one.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

34 minutes ago, Robert said:

While Satan is behind the scenes, the problem is that Scripture also tells us that the "old man" or "the flesh" is what gives us a large part of our problems. its all too easy to blame it on the devil and not admit that we humans really are our own worst enemy. Just as Satan didn't force Adam or Eve to take the fruit from the tree in the Garden, he also doesn't have to do all that much to get people to do what he wants.

I think you're severely underestimating human wickedness and evil here, and that is a bad mistake. As we see in the Millennial Kingdom in Scripture, the last rebellion against God isn't because Satan caused them to turn on the Lord; the seeds were already in their hearts. And that is where the problem in all Dispensations has been, including this one.

Totally agree. I know the depth of man wickedness. satan can only work with what we give him to work with. and Christians also work with him. for lack of dying to self and laying down there own life

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

47 minutes ago, full goespel said:

Christians also work with him. for lack of dying to self and laying down there own life

Keep The Faith

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/9/2016 at 5:55 AM, OneLight said:

It is very close to 7 am and the media had already called a victory for Trump.  Here is why I am confused.

Percentages: Trump and Hillary bother have 47.6% - a tie

Popular Vote: Hillary has 58,879,610 votes and Trump has 58,844,022 votes - Hillary wins

Electoral: Hillary has 218 and Trump has 279 - where my confusion is.

Can someone help me figure out how this actually works, in detail.  I know the basics, but this still does not add up to me.

So everything is clear, I voted for Trump.  Yet, the above figures don't add up to me.  Does our vote actually count?  Hillary won the popular vote, meaning more voted for her than Trump, yet she lost the election.  This also happened with the Bush Gore election. 

Please, the voting is over so let's not bash anyone in this thread.  I am sure there are many others who are pleased with the called results, but still do not understand how it was done.

... I am editing this to add that as more results come in, Hillary is gaining more ground in both the percentage and popular vote ...

First off it is very very unlikely that hrc won the popular vote once one subtracts from her total 3 million or so 'votes' cast by non-citizens and another 2 million or acts of vote fraud in various forms by the DNC and the clinton campaign. Popular vote nation wide does not mattwr in any case. What matters is a majority of popular vote state by state sufficient to win 270 electoral votes.EVEN THERE a faithless elector could defy the popular majority in a state and cast their ballot for someone else even a someone else who was not a general election candidate. This very day the clinton thugs are using threats of murder to scare electors away from their Duty to vote Trump.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

18 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

15134644_1666263373399258_6467325041885280075_n.jpgThis illustrates what it would look like without the Electoral College.

A cartoon?

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:55 AM, OneLight said:

It is very close to 7 am and the media had already called a victory for Trump.  Here is why I am confused.

Percentages: Trump and Hillary bother have 47.6% - a tie

Popular Vote: Hillary has 58,879,610 votes and Trump has 58,844,022 votes - Hillary wins

Electoral: Hillary has 218 and Trump has 279 - where my confusion is.

Can someone help me figure out how this actually works, in detail.  I know the basics, but this still does not add up to me.

So everything is clear, I voted for Trump.  Yet, the above figures don't add up to me.  Does our vote actually count?  Hillary won the popular vote, meaning more voted for her than Trump, yet she lost the election.  This also happened with the Bush Gore election. 

Please, the voting is over so let's not bash anyone in this thread.  I am sure there are many others who are pleased with the called results, but still do not understand how it was done.

... I am editing this to add that as more results come in, Hillary is gaining more ground in both the percentage and popular vote ...

It's interesting to note that 46.9% of voters didn't vote. So "winning" the popular vote is a relative term don't you think? The election was decided by the 53.1% who did. Of those, about 25.6% votes for Clinton and 25.5% voted for Trump (those numbers are from right after the election. Clinton actually got a little more now that she's ahead by about 2 million votes.)

God bless,
GE

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:23 AM, OneLight said:
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:05 PM, shiloh357 said:

15134644_1666263373399258_6467325041885280075_n.jpgThis illustrates what it would look like without the Electoral College.

A cartoon?

The point of this is without the EC only California, Texas, New York, and Florida would matter much.

God bless,
GE

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Just now, GoldenEagle said:

The point of this is without the EC only California, Texas, New York, and Florida would matter much.

God bless,
GE

Yes, and not much would change, would it? 

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yes, and not much would change, would it? 

Not sure about that. Currently with the EC only Florida matters. Everyone knows California and New York will go blue. Everyone knows Texas will go red.

The current system favors swing states.

God bless,

GE