• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

48 minutes ago, JohnD said:

God is on his throne and Trump is soon to be in the white house.

So how do the two connect?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

So how do the two connect?

Proverbs 16:9

Jeremiah 10:23

Proverbs 25:2

etc.

You mean we don't have any "Thanksgiving Is Evil" comments?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,255
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

I'm  thankful that I'm  a Canadian 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

1) We had 2nd baby girl and she is one year old now. When she was 1 day old, the Pediatrician checked her and said the heart rhythm is not as expected. We had to go for ECG/EKG. Imagine seeing 1 day old baby going through that. It took like an hour to get the test done. The Cardiologist just confirmed and said it is not looking normal. Since she had been out to the world only for a day, they thought it was too early to check more or take any actions. They asked us to come back after 2 weeks. We had this baby after 2 miscarriages. We left home broken hearted, but with faith. When we went to see gyno for the first visit, they did not see a heart beat. They were worried it might be another miscarriage. They asked us to come back after a week. And there she was. A tiny blip on the screen! We knew it was God who gave her life then. The same God is able to raise her up. We went after 2 weeks, and everything was perfect. They felt she was just too young and things were stabilizing. I am so thankful to Lord that He would continue to touch her heart and give her life. Now she is so healthy running all over. I am so thankful to the Lord that through His grace and mercy He saw it fit to give this precious little girl in our hands.

2) We always wanted to put our first daughter in Christian school. I did not earn much. I went through some difficult time at work last year. Sleepless nights for 4 straight months. People were worried I would get seriously sick. I would work 7 days and get probably 3 to 4 hours sleep everyday. And work for remaining 20 hours. Everything came to an end and executives were impressed. It eventually reflected in my pay check. God provided exactly enough this year and I was able to put my daughter in Christian school. She is still going there

3) God provided me an opportunity to take Bible study at my Church. It is such an honor to teach God's Word. I did Book of Jonah and loved it. So much learning for me. Everyone liked it and they want me to do more in the coming months. It is a blessing and honor

4) thankful for my wife. She is definitely my better half! No question. And thankful for my daughters. 2 little princesses!

Just telling a few things. I can keep saying so many other things also. But few things which stand out this year.

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, ravindran said:

1) We had 2nd baby girl and she is one year old now. When she was 1 day old, the Pediatrician checked her and said the heart rhythm is not as expected. We had to go for ECG/EKG. Imagine seeing 1 day old baby going through that. It took like an hour to get the test done. The Cardiologist just confirmed and said it is not looking normal. Since she had been out to the world only for a day, they thought it was too early to check more or take any actions. They asked us to come back after 2 weeks. We had this baby after 2 miscarriages. We left home broken hearted, but with faith. When we went to see gyno for the first visit, they did not see a heart beat. They were worried it might be another miscarriage. They asked us to come back after a week. And there she was. A tiny blip on the screen! We knew it was God who gave her life then. The same God is able to raise her up. We went after 2 weeks, and everything was perfect. They felt she was just too young and things were stabilizing. I am so thankful to Lord that He would continue to touch her heart and give her life. Now she is so healthy running all over. I am so thankful to the Lord that through His grace and mercy He saw it fit to give this precious little girl in our hands.

2) We always wanted to put our first daughter in Christian school. I did not earn much. I went through some difficult time at work last year. Sleepless nights for 4 straight months. People were worried I would get seriously sick. I would work 7 days and get probably 3 to 4 hours sleep everyday. And work for remaining 20 hours. Everything came to an end and executives were impressed. It eventually reflected in my pay check. God provided exactly enough this year and I was able to put my daughter in Christian school. She is still going there

3) God provided me an opportunity to take Bible study at my Church. It is such an honor to teach God's Word. I did Book of Jonah and loved it. So much learning for me. Everyone liked it and they want me to do more in the coming months. It is a blessing and honor

4) thankful for my wife. She is definitely my better half! No question. And thankful for my daughters. 2 little princesses!

Just telling a few things. I can keep saying so many other things also. But few things which stand out this year.

Beautiful! :emot-heartbeat:

All Praises to our Lord!!

Many continued blessings to you and your family.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

I am thankful that after more than 2 decades of marriage I have finally worn down my wife and she let me put up the Christmas lights before Thanksgiving! 

Persistence pays off! :rofl:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I am so thankful that my family and I are new creatures in Christ.  I loved my husband before he was saved with God's grace and His compassionate love.  But now that I can see Christ in him he is such a blessing and we are so much closer.  All but two grandchildren are saved, so we continue to pray for the salvation of the two but we treasure them all.  

I am thankful for the Bible, God's word and my most precious possession.  Where would we be without His wonderful words of life?  I am thankful for God's grace and marvelous love that sent Jesus to be the payment for my sin and to be my near kinsman Redeemer.  I am thankful that Jesus came to reveal the nature of the Father, and the the Holy Spirit came to reveal Jesus and enlighten His words to our hearts, as well as to His indwell us as the downpayment or earnest of our salvation.  He is the Spirit of Adoption.  There is no other like our God, the Living God, YHWH the Most High God.  Great is His Name!  Great is His faithfulness! Alleluia! 

I am thankful for our church in which the Word is preached going through each Book in context, in its entirety.   And I am thankful for God's provision of food, clothing and shelter.  So far this nation allows us to express our thanksgiving to our God and worship Him, even though it doesn't always allow us to live according to our consciences.  So there is still reason to be thankful for our country even though it bears little resemblance to the land of our forefathers, many of whom came here for religious freedom.

On 11/22/2016 at 9:30 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

I am thankful that after more than 2 decades of marriage I have finally worn down my wife and she let me put up the Christmas lights before Thanksgiving! 

Persistence pays off! :rofl:

Persistence or patience?

Do you have a favorite pie for Thanksgiving? Pumpkin, Pecan, Minced Meat or another?