• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, StanJ said:
  1.  sadly that is the nature of people who equivocate, they will never really get down to the nitty-gritty of what they mean or are trying to say. Matthew 5:37
  2.  you mean like the list you provided when you did the same thing? I'm sorry I'm not willing to continue playing this game with you.

1.  Again, why do you wish to debate what I am or am not doing and not this topic? You really should stop approaching debates this way. If you were addressing another member and not me, you would be banned from this thread right now. It is against the terms of service. It would be far better for you to debate the topic and not the person, as I've already told you several times, both here and elsewhere.

2.  You never requested a list. Being as how virtually ever english bible translation I know of translates this as "hate", I'm not sure why one is necessary. There is a massive consensus on that. You made a positive claim that the translations are all wrong and in doing so were challenging the wisdom of those who did the translation and you based this on the idea that "many" experts disagree with the translation. There is nothing wrong with you doing this, but there is also nothing wrong with me or anyone else asking for a list of those "many" experts. A lack of this sort of evidence for inspection pretty much just validates the idea that the translation was correct all along!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

8 hours ago, Davida said:

Your post attempts to change the meanings of words used in the Bible and reframe God's hatred of sin through your own liberal beliefs. It is like shaving off parts of God's character because it is too extreme for liberal contemporary consumption.  Sorry but the Bible says what it says, and it is not up to us to try to make God's condemnation of sin into some modern version the politically correct world where tolerance is seen as of higher moral value than justice.

The Bible has never revealed a politically correct God that merely finds all sin "unacceptable". But there are great attempts being made now,  to rewrite the Bible and change the meanings of words so as to make GOD fit the standards of this sinful world.

Then I would have to say that your responses are influenced by your conservatism.  The Bible says many things and I'm sure if I were to challenge you on some of the things that the Bible says you would come up with some excuse why it doesn't mean what it says. To the modern church, "all" does not mean "all." As a matter of fact, "all" in many evangelical churches means " some" or "very few."  This doesn't change the reality of who God really is in the Bible no more than trying to properly understand how hate really relates to the God of the Bible

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, you are spot on, Davida.   It is false teachers who try to do this Jedi mind trick on us to convince us that the Bible doesn't mean what it says or doesn't really say what it says.   It's that cultic mentality that pretends that your unable to read the Bible for yourself and cannot understand it, and they alone have the true meaning of the text.  

so now you're calling me a false teacher and a Jedi master? Yeah that's not too personal aye?

8 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The husband is where God holds the responsibility toward!

the husband is the head of the wife but being in headship does not make one responsible  for the actions of the wife if the head is exercising their duties properly.  all people have free will and will choose to do what they want to do, just as people sin even though God exercises his headship perfectly.

8 hours ago, Davida said:

I can see this happening more and more in the future. We Bible believers will be "unacceptable".

I'm afraid you're getting a little too paranoid and if you want to believe that the God of Love can hate, then that's totally up to you... just ignore what I have to say.

7 hours ago, mikefromwichita said:

Reality is that women are more likely to be abusive than are men, sooooo again why are you blaming ONLY men?

I really have no idea who is more likely to be abusive but I did know a young couple, years ago, where the wife was totally condescending and abusive to her husband and they didn't last long.

7 hours ago, nebula said:

I feel like creating a poll:

How many different ways can this thread be hijacked?

:laugh:  don't be surprised if your poll gets hijacked either.

4 hours ago, Davida said:

I think Christians also do not know enough about fighting battles on the spiritual level, instead most only are dealing with things on the personal or  human level.  The enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy and that often ends up leading to broken vows, marriages & families.

how do you fight battles on the spiritual level?

30 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

1.  Again, why do you wish to debate what I am or am not doing and not this topic? You really should stop approaching debates this way. If you were addressing another member and not me, you would be banned from this thread right now. It is against the terms of service. It would be far better for you to debate the topic and not the person, as I've already told you several times, both here and elsewhere.

2.  You never requested a list. Being as how virtually ever english bible translation I know of translates this as "hate", I'm not sure why one is necessary. There is a massive consensus on that. You made a positive claim that the translations are all wrong and in doing so were challenging the wisdom of those who did the translation and you based this on the idea that "many" experts disagree with the translation. There is nothing wrong with you doing this, but there is also nothing wrong with me or anyone else asking for a list of those "many" experts. A lack of this sort of evidence for inspection pretty much just validates the idea that the translation was correct all along!

because you're the one making it a personal issue now and as I said in my last post I have no desire to continue this with you for the very reason you just brought up now.  My experience has always been that moderators have a hard time debating without resorting to threats.

as far as the translation is concerned I would suggest you actually look into it and STUDY it, to see what I'm trying to convey.

4 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

The thing is that the Devil can only manifest his dealings with man at a personal level. If the couple are strong in their relationship they will endure by drawing strength from one another and from God. If they don't have faith in that, then they have no trust and accordingly, have no marriage. Just a legal agreement for the lawyers to deal with.

from experience, I think it is incumbent on the couple to seek after God in their personal relationship with him first. Then they can work on the marriage.

marrtriangle.gif