• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, StanJ said:

because you're the one making it a personal issue now and as I said in my last post I have no desire to continue this with you for the very reason you just brought up now.  My experience has always been that moderators have a hard time debating without resorting to threats.

I did not make a threat at all. You got personal and it's a violation of the terms of service. I simply asked you to stop. If you don't wish to continue the discussion, then you are free to not continue. I never asked you stop debating the topic, I actually implored you to debate the topic and not the person.

3 minutes ago, StanJ said:

as far as the translation is concerned I would suggest you actually look into it and STUDY it, to see what I'm trying to convey.

I have done so. In fact, every single bible I could find translated it hate. Concordances and dictionaries translate it as hate. I don't know where else to look aside from the single website that was linked earlier, which is at odds with every single source I have found so far from across the entire spectrum of translation philosophies, including everything from word for word literal translations, formal equivalence translations, dynamic equivalence translations, and paraphrased translations. All of these translators from virtually every theological background imaginable agree that it means hate.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

2 hours ago, Steve_S said:

I did not make a threat at all. You got personal and it's a violation of the terms of service. I simply asked you to stop. If you don't wish to continue the discussion, then you are free to not continue. I never asked you stop debating the topic, I actually implored you to debate the topic and not the person.

I have done so. In fact, every single bible I could find translated it hate. Concordances and dictionaries translate it as hate. I don't know where else to look aside from the single website that was linked earlier, which is at odds with every single source I have found so far from across the entire spectrum of translation philosophies, including everything from word for word literal translations, formal equivalence translations, dynamic equivalence translations, and paraphrased translations. All of these translators from virtually every theological background imaginable agree that it means hate.

16 minutes ago, StanJ said:

Is it God's will that we biker over each others perception of the Bible. Who is to say who is or is not ready to grasp the meaning of certain scriptures?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

3 hours ago, StanJ said:

again, in my opinion, God is impassible and as such doesn't have what we humans know it's feelings.

My opinion disagrees with your opinion. 

If God has no feelings, then you are going to have to nix the passages about God's compassion as well, for how can one have compassion without emotions? 
"And as a father shows compassion upon children, Lord Jehovah shows compassion upon his worshipers." (Ps. 103:13)

Or how can God "rejoice over" anyone without feelings?
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." (Zeph. 3:17)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

By the way, StanJ - 

The fear of the LORD is hatred of evil.
Pride and arrogance and the way of evil
and perverted speech I hate. (Prov. 8:13)

4 minutes ago, nebula said:

My opinion disagrees with your opinion. 

If God has no feelings, then you are going to have to nix the passages about God's compassion as well, for how can one have compassion without emotions? 

you should look up the meaning of the word impassible.  You may be able to love but God is love so how exactly can you relate rationally to the difference? 

http://www.theopedia.com/Impassibility_of_God

10 minutes ago, nebula said:

By the way, StanJ - 

The fear of the LORD is hatred of evil.
Pride and arrogance and the way of evil
and perverted speech I hate. (Prov. 8:13)

This is hyperbolic language, not literal.

47 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Is it God's will that we biker over each others perception of the Bible. Who is to say who is or is not ready to grasp the meaning of certain scriptures?

Doubtful, but inevitable in this type of environment.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

5 hours ago, StanJ said:

again, in my opinion, God is impassible and as such doesn't have what we humans know it's feelings. When God decrees that something is not acceptable, that's it.  Do you really believe that God has to qualify His assessment of attitudes that are not acceptable? 

I don't understand where where you got your last sentence from. Why would the idea of God having feelings have anything to do with God qualifying his attitudes.

There are several instances of God being wrathful

51 minutes ago, Davida said:

No , my responses are influenced by the Word of GOD only, not by false teachings that try to manipulate the meaning of the Word of God & His message to sinners. When the BIble describes it the Most high GOD's response to sin & wickedness "Wrath" - then it is WRATH.

Galations 1:18 "But even if we or an angel out of heaven should preach a gospel to you contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let him be accursed!"
Jesus said , I have come to bring "FIRE" on earth." - Would you try to have us believe it is only a "match"??

Luke12:49-53

49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!
51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.
52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three.
53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Oh I see, double standards and all that... well I can't really argue with that rational.

Introducing more scripture when you haven't dealt with the scripture I have already given you is just avoidance.

Like I before,  if you're going to take hyperbolic language and read it literally then you're never going to understand God's word. Do you really think Jesus meant for us to hate our family?