IGNORED

What does the Bible say about animal rights, if anything?

gerbilwoman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/8/2016 at 5:24 PM, Davida said:

Who fed you with this belief that it is not right to eat animals?   PETA??  Your going to chose them to have greater influence on you then the  Bible ? you are choosing PETA over salvation ?  Christianity is not a country club , there is only one path to heaven, to forgiveness of your sins and that is by the Lamb of GOD, the Lord Jesus Christ who lay down His life to pay the penalty for your sins if you would turn away from the world and believe solely and soulfully upon HIM.  John 3:16

It also seems to me that you are making the common mistake to limit God to your own finite, puny, human  understanding and try to make this image of GOD conform to your whims & opinions - or else? ..... does that not seem foolish?  How bout you meet the real GOD that is in the pages of the Bible.

God certainly wouldn't have a problem with me doing this and I will continue to do so.  P.S.- I'm not a big PETA fan, they are a bit too extreme for me.

Edited by gerbilgirl

On 12/8/2016 at 7:17 PM, Davida said:

This isn't the first conversation, like this we've had, I believe the first one was similar but is was more about being mad at GOD because in the Bible He called homosexuality a sin, so now it's gee I think I'm going to reject God  because I'm not convinced God is for of animal rights?  I'm not tip toeing around this - it seems a case of following after your own preferences and expecting GOD to bow down to your bidding.  It's too sad, this I must put the responsibility to the rcc 's teachings.  Like someone said , drop your religion and seek the God of the Bible and salvation- your eternal soul depends upon it.  praying for you gerbilgirl.   

Please don't pray I adopt your beliefs, I'm fine with my own.  

On 12/8/2016 at 7:01 PM, LadyKay said:

Gee Davida that seem a bit harsh and someone judgmental. To judge another person's walk with Christ like you just did. Gerbilgirl did not say she didn't eat meat. She said she dosn't eat meat from factory farms.  Have you ever seen a factory farm? They are awful places. I say good for you Gerbilegirl. If Gerbilegirl feels it is wrong for her to eat animals from a factory farm then she shouldn't do so.  You need to look at how you are talking to others Davida and stop being so quick to judge another person's walk with Christ.  And yes I know I will get a backlash from you for posting this. But you feel the need to point out other's sin so I feel the need to point out yours.  I feel that you are being harsh in your judgment of another. 

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on his opinions. Romans 14:2

Thank you for saying that!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

3 hours ago, gerbilgirl said:

Who is Y'SHUA?

Thats the real name of Jesus. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

53 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

Please don't pray I adopt your beliefs, I'm fine with my own.  

I don't pray for others to adopt my beliefs, neither am I fine with my own beliefs, but:

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 hour ago, Xdog said:

Thats the real name of Jesus. 

Oh, first I've heard that.

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Of course God would not care if you don't eat meat or don't wear animal products-- God LOVES and accepts you and everyone else as sinners and wants all to come to the humble knowledge of "themselves" as a sinner , and  to repent and to accept and know Jesus as their personal Savior and Lord.

My comment was specific  in reference to what you stated after saying your beliefs about eating animals or using animal by-products , "   I feel it would be unacceptable for me to be of a religion that doesn't feel similarly to me."   So this to me , sounded like a person insisting that God or Christianity show itself to be the same as them,  otherwise you would find  it unacceptable.  If I misunderstood your meaning , I apologize, but I simply took the above sentence as it was written.

Okay, I'm not the best at wording things.

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

I don't pray for others to adopt my beliefs, neither am I fine with my own beliefs, but:

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I'm sorry but I'm not seeing how this is related.  You don't have to explain if you don't want, I just don't want you to think I'm ignoring you.

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

While God gave us ''dominion over animals,'' I can't imagine that God is fine with abusing animals, or hurting them in any way, in order to profit from them. I think common sense goes a long way when interpreting the Bible. Just because it's not spelled out, it would seem reasonable that God doesn't want humankind abusing the rest of His creation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with many of the viewpoints expressed in this thread so no need to rehash most of them. 

In the book of Romans, Paul the Apostle has much to say on dietary habits of the Jew and Gentile. To paraphrase and be brief, it's acceptable now for the Christian Gentile believer to eat animal flesh (meat many times in the Bible would be better translated 'food' or 'dinner'). From a dispensational viewpoint from 'The Law' to "Grace", we were lifted from the chains of the Law. As far as those not of the Jewish faith (Gentiles), we may eat whatever animal flesh we desire, cloven and uncloven. 

I'm a meat eater myself, but I think there would be few that disagree, if a person's diet would consist of mostly fruits, some vegetables with occasional fish, or discard all meat products altogether, we would become much more healthier and possibly extend our lives. 

As previously mentioned, God gave us dominion over the animal kingdom for use, food, work (beast of burden), enjoyment and companionship. 

In my life it's a continual internal struggle between "I feel" and "what God wants". I try to remember every time I get one of those "I feel" moments, am I feeling what God would want or approve of? In my life the "I feel's" are usually in contradiction to the will of God and continually needs paid attention to and worked on. Just some 'food for thought' on my part.