• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Totally agree, though I don't think they should all have to. It should be up to each individual person as to wether they are comfortable carrying a gun or not. Yes it's allowed, but taking a life, justified or not carries a heavy burden, and one should be willing to accept the fact they may have to, and they should train to be proficient with it. It should be an individual choice as to whether they are going to carry or not. I do carry, my pastor knows I carry, as well as a select few in the church (though not everybody)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Sharnadeen said:

I don't believe Pastors need a gun because the Lord's angels can suffice. What are your thoughts and why?

I don't think it is right to say believers or pastors don't need gun. The discussion on gun is not a spiritual discussion. It is more of a personal conviction. Some have differing views on gun. For example, my views might be quite different than most here. That is my personal conviction and something derived with some Bible verse in mind.

There is nothing spiritually wrong in having gun. There is nothing spiritually wrong in saying gun is not needed. It is nothing to do with being Christian or not

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think it would be better for the whole congregation to be armed if they did so sensibly....

Guest Teditis

I don't think that most law enforcement agencies get proper gun-handling training... so I sure wouldn't to be seated in a church where everyone is packing.

25 minutes ago, Yowm said:

This is why I wonder if armed plain clothes security is better. The pastor's conscience may dictate against carrying but the protection of his congregation may require some viable defense.

How about places outside Church then? I don't think every place in the whole world can be secured with guys.

36 minutes ago, other one said:

I think it would be better for the whole congregation to be armed if they did so sensibly....

A armed society is a polite society. People always say that if everyone was armed, that includes the idiots who wouldn't use them sensibly...well, if you think about it, if everyone was armed the smart people would to, and nature says the idiots will be weeded out in due time. Either they will be shot by the smart people for doing something stupid with a gun, or they will learn to be smart to avoid being shot.

With that said I don't think everyone should be forced to own a gun. If your not comfortable carrying or using one, don't carry it. Otherwise, if the need arises it's more likely you will be shot with your own gun, then it doing you any good.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Totally agree, though I don't think they should all have to. It should be up to each individual person as to wether they are comfortable carrying a gun or not. Yes it's allowed, but taking a life, justified or not carries a heavy burden, and one should be willing to accept the fact they may have to, and they should train to be proficient with it. It should be an individual choice as to whether they are going to carry or not. I do carry, my pastor knows I carry, as well as a select few in the church (though not everybody)

I agree

40 minutes ago, other one said:

:thumbs_up:

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The discussion had to do with pastors, so I was assuming a congregational setting. Outside a Church setting I suppose would be the responsibility of the government...which it's main duty is to protect it's citizenry.

I don't trust the government....in fact they're the reason I own some of the guns I do....and in my town at least, average response time for the cops (assuming you even get the chance to dial 911) is 5-10 minutes. The average response time for my .40 s&w is 1040 fps. Math says, guns are handy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I don't trust the government....in fact they're the reason I own some of the guns I do....and in my town at least, average response time for the cops (assuming you even get the chance to dial 911) is 5-10 minutes. The average response time for my .40 s&w is 1040 fps. Math says, guns are handy.

Same here  totally agree

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

The discussion had to do with pastors, so I was assuming a congregational setting. Outside a Church setting I suppose would be the responsibility of the government...which it's main duty is to protect it's citizenry.

Again, I am failing to understand the differentiation here. Why government is responsible for protecting people only outside Church? If they are responsible for protecting people, should not matter whether people are insider or outside Church!

The only point I am getting to is, it does not matter whether we are talking about inside or outside Church. The question remains the same. Do people need guns. And it does not matter whether the person is Christian or not.