• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

John MacArthur to keep out the 14 degree cold - okay, though I would rather read some of his Lt. Phil Johnson's wit on his Pyromaniacs website.

We had the reverse of your problem regarding temps. We couldn't get the family member's house below 78 degrees F despite the wonderful fandang-ally elaborate and efficient AC system, because we had so  many people including very excited young boys all running round. By evening it was cooler outside than it was inside.

Kind of  bummer to have  such a highly insulated home, with  R42 walls and foam insulated closed and conditioned attic, only to  then find the fancy  AC system is  a little too fancy, and doesn't want to brute force cold air into the home. Oh well we had a wonderful time! The kids even spotted the real Santa running past the windows just before they decided they had to get to bed immediately. Guess he had come in on the lake on  a pontoon sleigh and come up the shoreline. I saw him too.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Baby it's warm outside! 60 today! I went for a walk in my cemetery. It's huge and full of beautiful sculptures depicting biblical scenes.

And on another happy note - the days are now getting longer!!

On 12/23/2016 at 10:55 PM, warrior12 said:

Me too. When he is not fed in time, he gets very upset.  Oh well, all is good now. 

A pic from my trip back home this summer.  The Caribbean sky is really blue as it is described in writings.   Really nice water too, warm and just right.

20160412_123921.jpg

how long have you lived in Canada? is it difficult living in such a harsh climate compared to your beautiful tropical home?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

16 minutes ago, shel said:

Baby it's warm outside! 60 today! I went for a walk in my cemetery. It's huge and full of beautiful sculptures depicting biblical scenes.

And on another happy note - the days are now getting longer!!

WHOA!! 60 degrees is downright tropical. There was a day last winter and it was close to 70 degrees out. Very strange. I had on short sleeves.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, shel said:

how long have you lived in Canada? is it difficult living in such a harsh climate compared to your beautiful tropical home?

I have been in canada 27 yrs.  You learn to adjust and doing the necessary steps to keep warm.   Actually, 20 yrs ago i would not say that i have come to like the four season weather pattern here.  I play sports out in the winter down to -15 and likes it.  Only thing, i would not want to be taking public transport to go to work ect, even though the system is good in the city.   The tropical weather is very nice and with every trip i feel that the heat that i grew up with is hotter, but it could be my body has adjusted to the weather here.  Crime in our beautiful twin island has spoiled the island charm and it has adopted the western style of living, but as the saying goes, home is home.  Culturally, it is lively with it's own unique identities.

Here is one more pics. I hope not to use up web space, and so the site managers can delete if they so choose. 

20141011_161159.jpg

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 12/23/2016 at 3:54 PM, BacKaran said:

Ok, so far today we had sleet, rain and snow and we are above freezing...

No trains! Lol.

Stay warm and safe everyone!

We will get snow or freezing rain tonight and tomorrow it will be above freezing again for at least and couple of hours.   It sort of reminds me of a TV weatherman in the 50s who wrote a silly song.  Rabbit ears, rabbit ears, all I've got is rabbit ears, and he's got antennas to the sky!  I get my picture bright and clear but all he's got is atmosphere like snow, sleet hail and apple pie.   'Seems like my mind is wandering again.  Oh well.  At least we are above 0 degrees fahrenheit  again.  

2 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

I have been in canada 27 yrs.  You learn to adjust and doing the necessary steps to keep warm.   Actually, 20 yrs ago i would not say that i have come to like the four season weather pattern here.  I play sports out in the winter down to -15 and likes it.  Only thing, i would not want to be taking public transport to go to work ect, even though the system is good in the city.   The tropical weather is very nice and with every trip i feel that the heat that i grew up with is hotter, but it could be my body has adjusted to the weather here.  Crime in our beautiful twin island has spoiled the island charm and it has adopted the western style of living, but as the saying goes, home is home.  Culturally, it is lively with it's own unique identities.

Here is one more pics. I hope not to use up web space, and so the site managers can delete if they so choose. 

20141011_161159.jpg

yeah a lot changes in 27 years. I was a child in Los Angeles 50 years ago and the difference between now and then is like night and day. I raised my kids on Cape Cod, MA, and it got a lot more crowded during the 25 years I lived there, and the state and national economy went downhill. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Love getting the weather reports from Mt. Washington NH, the old home town area .

To think here I am  taking a break from work because it is just too hot to do the next chore on my list- going up on the flat roof and servicing three roof package HVAC units. I am hoping for a little cloud cover to come in first.- Least enough to  allow me to withstand the heat up there. It is so hot here now  in the sun, it is much like our May  weather.

But aah the home town, ...well gee it is not so bad either,  a high of 46 and a low going into the lowest 20's tonight. Course high on that mountain top weather station,  a weird place on this earth, eh? 

Edited by Neighbor

Guest Center4ScientificHumanism
On 12/15/2016 at 10:38 AM, BacKaran said:

Roll call !

Anyone colder than Minnesota right now? -9 below and about-25 below with wind chill!!!!!????

I'm not complaining cuz it is mini snowtah after all!!!

Real cold winter this year. Maybe Al Gore can do a movie about Global Freezing.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

its cold here but no big a deal prob -5 with freezing fog in places all day although it was lovely n sunny warm enough to sit on a bench for a couple of hours balmy really. and it was the same yesterday.

just where i sit is very sunny and from time to time i have little dogs jump on my lap ready to settle on my lap a complete stranger to them lol!