• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,727
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Thoughts? Seems like a pretty solid comparison to me.

14939495_321053894943570_4135713728095217135_o.jpg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

It does sound like what a lot of the mega churches preach. A lot of them brag about how much money they make but how many show us how many souls they've saved if any at all? Political correctness has helped spread false doctrine which is just what the devil wanted it to do. As Christians we need to be able to see false doctrine and not let it influence us. And to warn others about it so they don't get trapped.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,727
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The one I see the most often, is people willing to sacrifice biblical doctrine because of their own emotions, experience, and opinions. They feel that that isn't nice so the Bible must not say that and anyone who disagrees is being judgemental.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

And yet isn't it something that Jesus' parables come true by the will of those in the world today? People see churches as they make their journeys through life, hear people speak of God, Jesus, the Bible, watch something on TV, especially this time of season, and yet, don't understand. Or, in the case of Christian materialists humanist teachings now days, like those of Joel Osteen, have no understanding of who Jesus really is.

Because they have eyes but they do not see. Ears but they do not hear. And mouths that give life to imaginary magical wish granting god's who will make you prosper if you only believe.

Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which said, By hearing you shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing you shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.” (Matthew 13:13-16)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

gaye willard painting.jpg

Guest BacKaran

Yes yes yes and amen! Matthew and Hebrews...

What troubles me, and I was thinking of this like an hour ago.... I'm 58 and I was born again at 33, really grew just in the past 8 years.... How long will it take my siblings or my children to come to a relationship with Christ?

Time is short! The devil's working overtime and yet I know, God's will will be done.

Pray pray pray and remember, I was blind just like they are and how God humbled me when He saved me. 

Maranantha Come Lord Jesus!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I wonder, if I asked people what is the foundation of their Theology, if they could answer what it is they use to build their foundation.  I am willing to bet most would not even understand how or what they built their theology upon.  This is the reason why people stray from the truth, they are like a reed blowing in the wind.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 12/18/2016 at 8:24 PM, The_Patriot2016 said:

Greetings The_Patriot2016,

Grace and mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

I like your post.

On 12/19/2016 at 1:38 PM, OneLight said:

I wonder, if I asked people what is the foundation of their Theology, if they could answer what it is they use to build their foundation.  I am willing to bet most would not even understand how or what they built their theology upon.  This is the reason why people stray from the truth, they are like a reed blowing in the wind.

I also liked your statement, OneLight.

Unfortunately, people are not taking the order of Christ seriously.

·        “Let your loins be girded about, and [ your ] lights burning; and ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately. Blessed [ are ] those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find [ them ] so, blessed are those servants. And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.” (Luke 12.35-40).

We must be ready to heed the call of Christ. At any moment He may want to bless us with the privilege of being able to be used with power in His hands for the salvation of our neighbor and woe to us if we are not prepared.

Many lives are getting lost. The call of Jesus is urgent! This is illustrated in the book of Revelation.

John was called to heaven by a trumpet-like voice, as will be done at the rapture (1Thessalonians 4:16,17). A trumpet-like voice resembles the Hebrew silver trumpets used to warn the people of Israel that it was necessary to drop everything to heed the call (Num. 10:2). The first voice, like a trumpet, was of Jesus himself (Rev. 1:10, 11). Jesus' voice resembled a trumpet, which means that the message of the Revelation is urgent. Therefore, we must give up everything to know Jesus, to hear Him, to see what He has to show us, to follow Him in order to discern this time in which we are living through the Revelation (Luke 12.54-57) and prepare ourselves, since at any moment He can call us, either to use us or to call us back.

As soon as Jesus speaks, things happen in our lives (and woe to us if we have not prepared! We will lose our opportunity - Ecclesiastes 9.11; Luke 19.44). Take, for example, what happened to the two witnesses (Rev. 11:12 - compare with John 4:24,25). The truth is that man can make plans, but what is actually going to happen in our life is determined by Jesus (Prov. 3.5-8; 4.26,27; 16.1,4,6,10,18,33; Jeremiah 10.23; Proverbs 20.24; 21.1).

May Jesus never let us prosper in that which does not glorify His name, does not bless our neighbor and distances us from everything that concerns life and piety.

·        “And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.” (Luke 21.34-36).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 12/18/2016 at 5:24 PM, The_Patriot2016 said:

Yes, a pretty solid comparison. While the post modern views are completely dangerous, even a mix would be dangerous. There are so many people who get a few things right and go absolutely wrong on few. It would still be dangerous since they would be pulled to the wrong side easily.