IGNORED

Measure of faith do some get extra? Or does it grow when you use it?

So we are all given a measure of faith

A friend of mine is a preacher he says some of us receive extra and he talked about how several of us will step out in faith when others won't

Then we have those who say faith grows

I see it as we are all given an abundance of faith and we just need to use it

“(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)” 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Jesus spoke about faith as if it grows.  My personal experience is that my faith continues to grow.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Brick said:

A friend of mine is a preacher he says some of us receive extra and he talked about how several of us will step out in faith when others won't

Remember Y'SHUA said that just a mustard seed (the tiniest ) of faith is enough to raise the dead and to heal the sick, to have overflowing peace, joy and righteousness living in union with Y'SHUA and with other ecclesia immersed in HIS NAME.   (just like in the NEW TESTAMENT assemblies).

I've seen infants (little children in YHWH'S SIGHT, however old they were/are)  with this faith,  and grown scholars (supposedly alive 40 or more years) without enough faith to heal a cold.  Go figure. "(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)" .....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

There isn't an easy answer to your question. God calls people to different things based on the talents and skills he gave them. Some calings require more faith than others and I believe that the ones who answer His call will increase in faith as they see their faith working. If you're a new Christian your faith is also growing as you leawrn more about the Lord and what He can and wants to do in your life. The more battles you win the stronger your faith wil be. Some expect instant miracles and fall away when they don't see them. As your relationship with God and Christ grows themore awesome things you'll see.

The way it seemed to me was the more I stepped out in faith the more confident I became  to test the limits.

Edited by Guest
Correct wording

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I suggest for consideration that:

We are given Grace ( unmerited favor) through faith. But even faith is born of Jesus via the Holy Spirit.

Our faith may grow, through reading/knowing the word of God.

Reference Ephesians 2 in it's entirety.

By unmerited Grace through faith, it is Jesus that has broken down the wall between, making two into one, turning hostility to peace, for those that believe on Him. It is His mercy upon us, His blood that has brought us to peace one in Him Christ Jesus, that the Father may abide us as clean, washed white as snow.

Our assurance is certain in Jesus, our Grace is sufficient from the beginning, our faith may grow as we grow in awareness of our Lord Jesus through greater knowledge by reading and understanding by the Holy Spirit within us.

My own faith seems secure, yet  it is not always effective faith, the effectiveness wanes and increases as I work my faith out by reading the word of God and attempt practicing my faith.  It muscles up, or gets slack and frail. In that sense faith  grows of me, by my doing I suppose. But my gift received, mercy by the grace of God, it is secure in  my frailest of times as well as it is  in my highest , most joyous, most spirit filled moments of emotion and also through the harder learning times of digging into the word itself with prayer and thought.

To God be all the glory, His Glory. For our faith, and our grace is of Him and of ( from) Him alone.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I don't believe that God gives each person a specific dosage of faith. That isn't biblical anyway. However, our faith grows and develops as we grow in knowledge of the Lord. This can only be accomplished by reading His word, obeying it and living for Him. Faith has to be exercised to grow and most of the time that is through trials that the Lord allows us to go through. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Mine has grown. Through the hardship I have encounter. I do not think my faith would have grown as it had if I had not gone through all the things I did. That is how faith is for me anyway. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

20 hours ago, Brick said:

The more we trust the deeper the relationship.....that goes with God as well as with others.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I think we start in faith and then as we walk in the words of Christ we grow in faith as we see his wisdom in action and giving results in our life.